Academy {Main Thread}

“My name is James, James Smith.”

Magnus waits. “also is it possible to sign up for something? I’d understand if the answer is no, considering it’s my first year, but I’d like to work in Academy security if possible. I fought off quite a few sea monsters before.”

“It’ll be sometime during your orientation exercises in the afternoon, or when the homeroom teacher sees fit.”
The lady smiles.

“And… James Smith… there we go…”
She ticks off another person on the same page. Peering closely, you can see a total of 4 names ticked off in the list. Before she brings the weapon and wraps it up as well, before putting it gingerly into the box “Class VI”.

“More details will be given by the homeroom teachers later! Your seat is number 14. Please head over!”

“Do we wait in the auditorium now?”

“Thank you for your efficiency in all things human.” Magnus smiles, matching perfectly with his sea green eyes. Then he heads to the auditorium.

James follows, mumbling under his breath; “how does he do it?”

Magnus sat at seat 13, leaning back confidently. He looks for James.

James realises he doesn’t know where to sit, but doesn’t want to walk out the auditorium.

The School Auditorium

The students gather at the center of the auditorium, with the chairs being arranged in rows of 10. There were blue jackets and white jackets everywhere, but yet there was only two people with black jackets like yourselves.

One of them was a blonde boy who was bragging loudly, staying all the way at the back of the seats. The other black jacket: the noble was seating at the second column, by the second seat from the left. She sat in a proper poise, as becoming of a noble she was.

Seat 13 was to the right of said lady, and seat 14 was two seats to the right.

Making up his mind, Jem sits next to Magnus at seat 14.

Magnus started to talk to the Noble lady. “Hello fair maiden,” he says.

Jem watches curiously, slightly jealous.

She opens her eyes, turning to face Magnus and Jem.

“Greetings. How may I help you?” She says, with a slight smile on her face. Her politeness, with her dignity, she treats people with respect. That, was uncommon amongst nobles.

There was a seemingly polished sense of elegance emanating from the lady.

“I would like to introduce myself,” Magnus says, also in a dignified tone. “I’m Magnus Eldoris, and this is my… associate, James Smith.”
He waved his hand in the general direction of James.

Jem felt himself blushing and looked away.

Associate? That was a strange title. But nonetheless, they had introduced themselves…
“Then I would be inclined to introduce myself as well.” She does a little head bow.
“My name is Elise Borealia. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

Elise Borealia

Noble - Class VI - Heiress to the House of Borealia.

“Seeing as we are wearing the same jackets, it would be alright to assume that we would be of the same class?”
She speaks.

“It is quite probable.”

“Indeed, I would like to do you the honour of being your friend, but if you wish not to that is your decision.”

“hey James? Can you do me the courtesy finding out when school starts?”

“No.”