Anti-possessor strategy

Rope forgive him. it won’t happen agian

ok

Do I really need to bring that thread up?

no you 2 don’t

Fade I am fucking pissed right now. He is acting like he does nothing wrong. Yet he just lies and provoke people and it really is fucking pissing me off

NozBugz

RGGG Fine

So, I played a game with this yesterday (I was neither the Possessor nor the King). I’m pretty sure that the Possessor left the game day 1 so it was just a giant fucking pointless goose chase the entire time, but we couldn’t really know that. I also can’t speak for the King of that game as for how annoying it was to have to deal with that, but looking from the sidelines, it seemed to be kind of a pain in the ass to have to do.
That being said, a few things:

1. This seems borderline metagaming, but upon reflection on this topic I was comparing it to Reaper checks. Those don’t feel like metagaming to me, but probably because that’s the only reason to actually find out if someone was Reaped. I don’t know. Worth discussing the subject as a whole, I think.
  2. Assuming the current bug with the King and the Possessor is fixed (I don’t know the specifics but I’ve heard it mentioned here and elsewhere), if this strategy gets widespread, it would force the Possessor to pretty much possess the King night 1 and stay there, pretending to be the original, at least until a bunch of people die and he can move on. Not sure how desirable this is, but there’s no other real counterplay on the part of the Possessor that I can think of.
  3. Reworked Possessor is strong without this strategy, extremely weak with it. Probably needs some sort of balancing, possibly involving Investigative classes being able to find out if a person is Possessed besides “is this person acting differently than yesterday”. I’ll leave that up to people more creative than myself.
    Just my 2 cents.
1 Like

it isn’t yet.

1. he could then leave the king
    2 he wouldn’t have the king’s day abilities, so to test you could just ask him to royal finger
  2. I recommended the king to whisper code to two different people

how is it meta gaming? If someone was taking people’s bodies in real life, I would ask my freinds to tell em something only they could know. It happens all th time in the movies

yes I was in that game. From what I could tell, the king was fine. He didn’t seem to care much.

I was the physician, I’m sorry I thought that the possessor has committed suicide meant he moved to a new body.
A way to find if possessor is dead is through exhume

Yeah, I know. I’m talking about if it gets fixed, which I assume it will be.

The thing is, if people start using this strategy whenever they see a dead Possessor day 2, the only line of play available to the Possessor in every single Possessor game to not out himself is to Possess the King n1 and pretend to be the original. He wouldn’t want to leave, because then a new King would get elected and people would be able to use the strategy again to find him. And yeah, I know they could make him use Royal Finger to test, but that’s possible even without the code strategy. Also, you probably won’t get Kings to start whispering codes in the first 10 seconds of the game before the first night on the off-chance that there is a Possessor in the game. That’d be really fucked up.

I don’t know if metagaming was the correct choice of words there, but I didn’t really know how else to define it. It seems like something that shouldn’t have to be done in order to find a killing class, while at the same time extremely weakening that class AND clogging the shit out of chat every single day.

Oh I’m not putting you on blast or something for that, in fact I have no idea what the Physician results would actually be if he’d jumped, maybe Boslof or someone else who’s seen it in action can answer.

yeah and then we kill king

once again, I don’t actually want this strategy to be able to be done. I want the devs to find a way to prevent it from working.

and if it does become meta game to do it to king, then we choose a random person to give codes to.

That raises the question of whether (once the bug is fixed, of course), if the Possessor takes over the King during the first few days of the game, he can be voted up or not, because the King has vote immunity for the first few days.
If he can’t be voted up, and someone tries to kill him at night and finds out he’s immune (because he’s Possessor), there’s fuck all anyone can do, and he’ll probably leave the King the day before he can be voted up. He can claim he used Guards on himself that night, but that’d seem very suspicious.
If he can be voted up, people will instantly know the real King is gone.
Seems like the whole situation is a big can of worms, which is why I’m honestly not a huge fan of the reworked Possessor.
Afterthought: Also I don’t know whether the Butler can still poison the King when he’s been taken over, and whether it’ll kill him or not if he stays once it expires.

Me too, which is why I’m posting here offering some thoughts about the situation as a whole, much like you are doing.

blue dragon can’t attack king

The bad mcbads can, and then let people know via death note the next night that the King is immune. It’s an unlikely scenario, and most sane evils won’t attack the King early, but it’s a possible one that should be considered when talking about the reworked Possessor as a whole.

very unliekly.

sometimes, scum would lie in death note.

Why wouldn’t they?

what is your question? I don’t understand

Why wouldn’t they lie?

my point is that the unseen would lie to court that king was immune if they thought he was good

Whatt? That makes zero sense. It would out the Unseen.