FAM Thread 1 (Day 1)

Let it be known I do not townread Icibalus and I won’t even veto shots on her.

@Marshal why are you voting me

nya

Let it be known I do townread Icibalus and I will even veto shots on her.

1 Like

i don’t have time to finish my art which the hosts rudely did not accept
how dare they doubt my postmodern masterpiece

cuz all ur posts sucked, ur posts are mildly better now so im prob hero shooting someone else but i cant be bothered to move the vote

I’ve been playing very sporadically lately. The game I linked was 6 months ago, but still my 2nd most recent game. In my most recent game I also intended to play like that, but every wolf was varying levels of obvious anyway. (Although I did have like 2 incorrect wolfreads)

If you’re talking about me interrogating people to see whether or not their though process tracks, that’s sort of in the guide:

Once you start looking past the surface level and start looking at players’ mindsets, start thinking about what could have been going through their heads as they wrote a post as either alignment, patterns will start to emerge.

If you’re talking about my push on Marl:

Indirect pressure is better than direct pressure. If you make a big case directly to a wolf, you give them something to attack, something to engage with. You’re presenting a way for them to get out of the box. Indirect pressure - The Box - leaves them nothing to fight against. A charge of “not villagery enough” in a gamestate with a strong towncore can be damning both in its accuracy, and its difficulty to counter. By giving wolves no way out of the Box except to clear the bar of villageryness that the game has set, you’re putting wolves in the hardest position possible: having to fake an organic, solving mindset that’s not rooted in pushing a specific world or person.

This isn’t to say that if you catch a wolf dead to rights, you shouldn’t case them, but in my experience, it’s a waste of time to direct your case to them.

I know I didn’t follow the guide to a T, it’s still very much a style I’m experimenting with:

you know i agree far more with vul’s reads than kats

@vulgard out of curiosity what do you find scummy about Luxy

new read acquired

OUTSIDE OF POE (FOR NOW)
Lunya - stance on reads could go either way but overall they haven’t been like. bad. or trying to chokehold the thread or anything. something. ALso large nervous energy

Why are people reading me village when I spent ages reading Vulgard w, somebody who If i’m perfectly honest is probably Just A Villager?

also tbh i dont like how kat asked me to talk them out of the vul read if i thought it was wrong, then i did, then they just ignored me lol

Mostly the way they responded to me saying there were 33 villagers, it felt like an informed response. Other than that, vague feely-type stuff.

I’m not one of the people advocating for him to get shot, because I don’t wolfread him super hard, I just don’t townread him atm.

we aren’t
well i’m not anyway

idk
villageryness and reads accuracy aren’t super correlated nya

True

because you came into thread and said multiple things i agreed with almost 1:1, some i hadn’t said, and have written posts that don’t suck

i didn’t read clown fiesta 2 that closely but i don’t think your wolf game has evolved into stealing thoughts from my head and preaching the gospel

might fuck around and hero shoot kat tbh their posts are p terrible

im literally reconsidering my vul read now fuck off

noh!

Oh, okay then.

2 Likes