Countries FM - The Cold War - Game Over - Communism is Victorious! - (2/24)

I’m a bit busy right now, sorry.

well you’re already voting me
so it’s fine ig

Agreed.

General vibe mostly. If Rat flips town and I survive tonight, I’ll be ISOing both Gorta and Nightingale to see what I can gleen from their ISOs. In order to do that though, we need Rat’s flip first. /vote Rat @Wazza

Silence, that’s hammer

Accused Voters Count
rat Nightingale, Whysper, Leafia 3/3
Not voting an_gorta_pratai, rat 2

The day has ended with rat being selected for execution. Unfortunately you realise too late after doing research that Italy was siding with the capitalists.

Rat was Italy

While the days of your might golden era as both the Roman Empire and Fascist Italy may be over, there’s a new threat that you are aware of. The Communists had began taking over Europe and with the Eastern Bloc knocking on your door, you had no choice but to join the Marshal Plan. Luckily for you, you only lost your colonies during the second world war and wasn’t divided into Communists and Capitalists. Instead you’re sticking to your own path, even if you’re involved in some sort of Capitalism. While this may be true, you’re still extremely knowledgeable.

At the end of each night, you will receive a random piece of mechanical information about the game. You can only receive each information once. Your information will get more powerful as the game goes on.

Your goal is to defeat Communism and any other nations that stand to harm Capitalism.

Night 6 has started and will end in 24 hours 2020-12-18T03:30:00Z or earlier if everyone votes to skip the night.

Night 6 has ended early after a unanimous vote to end the night early.

Leafia has died last night.

They were Portugal

Your border with your fellow friend, Spain has been unchanged for almost 800 years. You two have gotten so close that if anything were to happen to the other, you’d try and convince and help each other, even when your brother turned Fascist, you were always there by their side. And now, you two will stick together during the cold war.

You share a Mason with Spain who is sculptordwarf, you also know that they are a fellow Capitalist .

Your goal is to defeat Communism .* and any other nations that stand to harm Capitalism …*

Day 7 has started and the game is now in LyLo. Also votes are locked.

It will end in 48 hours 2020-12-19T20:41:00Z or earlier if someone gets majority votes at 2 or it’s impossible for the capitalists to win.

NotLikeThisVulpixAvi

:pensive:

No, no, no, not good. Now I feel so bad for MLing Troch. :frowning:

And why did I have to be the one left? :frowning:

I’m getting ready in the morning, but I’ll check back again later. I’ll need time to think this through anyway.

Okay, well, the thread is still dead. I guess that’s to be expected. I think both town and scum aren’t quite sure anymore what’s going to happen.

Anyway, assuming we continue with our plan we had just in case it came to this, I guess I’ll be the one making the final decision. So might as well get started sooner than later. I hope that you both will be getting involved later.

Mech

So the way I see it, there’s no mech info confirming Gorta. His claim itself is kind of suspicious. Morocco sounds like some extra country given as a fake claim for scum. The role to check if a flip is altered is easily fakeable. And actually looking at the flipped scum, the one with the role that altered anything just says they alter investigations at night. Nothing about changing the flip.

Nightgale has the neighborhood role. We did see that Vul was in the neighborhood and was scum, so we know scum aren’t excluded. The assumption was that it is unlikely more than one scum would be included in the neighborhood, but I don’t think that can be accepted so readily anymore. It still does give a bit more mech credibility to Nightingale over Gorta.

Conclusion: Mech favors Nightingale over Gorta.

Solving

Nightgale has seemed more invested in solving than Gorta overall this game. Though Gorta doesn’t really do a whole lot as town despite saying he’ll be doing more. Admittedly looking through his ISO, it does appear he was involved a bit more than usual. However, his activity has dropped off quite a bit towards the end here. I suppose everyone’s has, but seems more stark for Gorta. This makes me wonder if he’s kind of given up and just hoping to squeak by somehow.

Conclusion: Solving investment favors Nightingale over Gorta.

Voting

For D1, the Majora cuddle was random between 2 tied V wagons. Gorta was on one of the wagons, but Ami (Nightingale’s slot) didn’t vote despite being there for EoD.

Details

For D2, this was the interesting vote between Arctic and Gorta. It has been assumed that this spewed Gorta as town. And this is really the only thing going for him. Nightingale did vote for Arctic , the scum flip. Gorta did as well, though his makes sense anyway because of self-pres. I’ll come back to this vote timeline later another post.

Details

For D3, the wagons were both V (ClonedCheese and Light ) as well. Gorta voted for Cloned , who was ML’d. Min was on that wagon as well. Nightingale was on Light’s wagon. So this be seen as Nightingale avoiding the V wagon. Vul had avoided either wagon by voting for Kyo instead. So did the scum split their votes? Or did Min and W!Gorta for some reason pile on Cloned ? I can’t think of any reason scum would particularly care about killing Cloned over Light .

Details

So for D1 to D3, Nightingale’s slot avoided voting on both town flips (and where the wagons were between 2 towns). This looks a lot like TMI on town flips and wanting to avoid being on those wagons. Gorta voted on both town flips.

Conclusion: Voting favors Gorta over Nightingale (both directly and from spew).

this is a really good post btw, but I will make a thing casing Nightingale myself

1 Like

Okay, that would be good. Thanks. I know it is late for you now, so won’t expect it until sometime tomorrow.

D2 Voting Timeline

So the main D2 wagons between Arctic and Gorta started with Centuries voting on Gorta. He didn’t give a particular reason other than pressuring someone in the PoE. Centuries was still a lost wolf at that point in time.

Details

Then after some discussions among people about Gorta, Arctic joined the wagon.

Details

Astand follows onto the wagon not long after.

Details

So already 3 scum on the Gorta wagon. Then there’s some wolf theater between Min and Arctic where Min is basically calling Arctic scum. Astand inserts a comment in the middle as well. Scultpor starts the Arctic wagon.

Details

Scultpor gets Min to join the wagon.

Details

Vul moves his vote to Gorta.

Details

ATNoName votes on Arctic, though also questioning Gorta’s slot. Eevee joins as well, which ends up tying the wagons.

Details

Then there’s lots of discussions and vote movements until the wagons build up to 6 votes each.

Details

Couple more votes get the wagons to 7 votes each.

Details

Then Vul breaks the tie by switching from Gorta to Arctic. And then the day ends with Arctic getting cuddled.

Details

Okay, there was tons to go through for D2. I didn’t read all the back and forth interactions closely, just enough to get the gist. I was mainly focused on the voting timeline between the Arctic and Gorta wagons. From what people said about how this spewed Gorta as town, I get the impression that people think from looking at the vote results that scum were trying to save Arctic by voting for Gorta. But I believe the timeline shows a possibly different view of what went on.

It looks like scum were possibly attempting to bus Gorta early on. Yes, it started with the lost wolf Centuries who wouldn’t really be part of the plan. But then a couple other scum jumped onto the opportunity. The Arctic wagon was later started by town and then built up alongside the Gorta wagon. So it may have just by chance got to be W/W wagons. Of course Arctic would stay on the Gorta wagon as self-pres. And Astand had to stay on Gorta since they had already built up a case on Gorta being scum.

Min flipped from Gorta to Arctic. Maybe the plan was still to try to push the Gorta bus. Min is known to switch votes around easily, so it wasn’t unusual. Vul joined back on Gorta as well.

But then when it was very close to EoD and looked like it might be tied and would be randed, Vul made the final switch so it wouldn’t rand. Not sure if this choice was made independently by Vul or together with the others. It very well could have been independent since the time was very tight.

The result makes both Vul and Gorta look very good going forward. Vul for being on the scum cuddle. And Gorta for appearing to have been used to try to save Arctic.

Now this is just another view of the D2 voting. It still could be W/V wagons as assumed. But after looking at this more closely, I’m not as confident going along with that assumption like the previous day.

Anyway, that’s enough for now. I have other stuff I really should be working on. :slight_smile: I’ll check the thread later this evening around the time you both should be waking up.

In particular, I’m interested in what Nightingale has to say about the D2 voting now. She was fairly confident it spewed Gorta as town, but I’m wondering if she feels differently now. Yes, I realize I could be speaking with W!Nightingale, but a response from either alignment will be interesting. :slight_smile:

Oh, I got this mixed up. I meant Min flipped from Arctic to Gorta.

She’ll have to say so because it’s between me and her. No one has counter claimed your role, I know my role, and she knows hers. From her perspective I have to be the mafia and from my perspective she is the mafia. Her reactions today have been interesting imho

how does this affect your read?