[FM] Danganronpa FM (Sign-ups - 41/41) - Rolling Nov 22

Good move, dead interaction is basically antithetical to the core idea of the Mafia having kills

3 Likes

also lol arguing about movie ratings without giving a time range

see: old PG films

2 Likes

Alice will probably keep adjusting the player cap until I’m forced to join tbh.

Tbh, I was rebalancing the game and I kind of decided to do it to 34 and ask a few MU’ers that I know to join.

3 Likes

34 will be fun and chaotic

/in

The reason I outed was because I think this passed a point where there are a bit too many mechanics for a game to really be pure game of mafia (and I kinda pictured how I wake up to see 1500 posts about student council stuff and was just kinda ‘meh’)… But maybe I look at it wrong, although I’d probably prefer ITAs to all of this anyway.

I hope I rand lost wolf and can just commit to shitposting.

But ok, I will play.

@Alice why isn’t chiang added to the player list?

1 Like

Don’t get the wrong impression though, I’m really interested in this game.

prolly missed

I’m not too sure if student council should be a thing that really persists after D1 though.

It’ll still be a pure game of mafia due to the closed nature of the setup. You still can’t do shit like “X claimed he’s a Y, so he’s town” and solve by mechanics such as FoL and whatnot. Yes, there will be a lot of talk regarding the SC, but how will this further the gamestate? It’s the village’s job to focus on reads as well, plus, the SC would technically prompt more discussing regarding reads than the maps as it actually focuses on people rather than mechanics, which will lead the game to reads talk, so it won’t be like LotR where we get 3k posts about pure mechanics rather than not.

2 Likes

Like, I confess that the maps weren’t that good of a design in OW and in turn in LotR as it prompted 0 reads. Of course wolves would go with the flow and push on pro-village maps as it’s braindead easy for wolves to talk about mechanics, but here they actually need to explain why they townread the player they’re voting for for the SC.

1 Like

He’s in position 27.

I found maps fun in OWFM but town didn’t do enough clamping down on mechanical talk in lotrfm

Well, unless Hja rands town. But they’ll still need to decide why the other 3 candidates will be a good choice.

2 Likes

We needed MathBlade there, though. He basically clamped down on mechanics talk and then pointed Psycho to the claimvig.

Or at least Eevee.

Usually Ici, me, and you were the players that usually go reads over mechanics that match. Neither of us were as pushy as Eevee and Math were that match.

@MathBlade wanna try playing this with us?

He’s been busy due to work IRL lately, so unfortunately he can’t.

1 Like

Worth a shot