[FM] Mafia Academy 1 - Mafia Victory

There is no death, you can start posting.

Why did so many mafia die lmao

My post limit was reduced by 10%. I am going to include my progress towards my post limit in every post I make today.

I used my ability on Derps last night and was informed that no investigatives targeted him and also was explicitly told that that result was not copied feedback. This makes me think that a moderror was made for my night results because my classcard says that I should receive randomized feedback if no invests targeted my target, but I was given the truth in that case instead.

Yesterday was LyLo. It’s possible one mafia flip fake was fake, but not more than one, so it was at least MyLo, and I would doubt anything was fake, so it was LyLo. No idea how Shurian and Maximus died and how Merc was un-cleaned, but I would guess it was some kind of Mafia omega ability.

My current PoE is as follows:

Divine

Me (Maxwell) – Mechanically confirmed Town Investigative Feedback Cloner; Flavour = Paranoia, Town RPG Game.

Astand – Mechanically confirmed Pro-Town Neutral Fruit Vendor; Flavour = Fruity Loops, 3rd Party Digital Audio Workstation.

WazzaAzza – Sided with me on the thunderdome after reaction testing Datbird and I, is confirmed to have an investigative ability that I detected on Arete/Disquieted N3 and we already know that Dat is a dead mafia fullcopper.

Arete/Disquieted – Wrote up multiple essays attacking the real mafia in yesterday’s PoE.

Simon – Is confirmed a fruit vendor, was supposedly fullcopped by Dat, some of his abilities seem towny and he was townread before; although he failed to vote at the end and ultimately sided with Dat on the thunderdome, I trust him more than the last two people in my PoE.

Vulgard/PoisonedSquid – Voted for Astand and has an okay ISO, but the biggest issue is that Vulgard’s PoE has been horrific for most of the game. Squid has also been pretty inactive.

Nerbins – Has been somewhat inactive and didn’t have that great of an ISO looking back on it.

SirDerpsALot – Really bad ISO and even more inactive than Nerbins.

Damnable

Post 1 of Maximum 45

Maxwell is modkilled for editing the posts to avoid post restriction.

Even normally edits are forbidden, and even more in this setup.

Maxwell was Town Paranoia

Well I got my powers back after the flip.

lolwolves.

If remaining evil is mafia and not like some anti-town neutral without even a factional kill, I’d semi-clear Simon and Vulgard based on just the fact that they’d never allow a plan as shoddy as mafia’s plan was yesterday (but Simon is probably clear per his role anyway).

Just why, dude (rhetoric question to Maxwell).

I have no idea why the fuck this game is still continuing. We have five flipped mafia and it’s still not over, I suspect we have a 3p killer or something, I don’t even know.
Based on that assumption I would flip astand since he’s the only neutral claim we have, but that’s probably silly.

Might as well quote something I posted in my hydra chat, should be allowed since y’know, they are my thoughts anyway and they don’t involve the mod.

I think Maxwell is pretty much lock clear. Same thing with Simon. Arete/Disquieted did a good job clearing themselves as well.
Kai was my early townread, not sure how it holds up now.
We’re obviously town.
Derps is… probably town?
This leaves Nerbins and Astand as possible lynches, then Derps/Kai if we’re still able to lynch people.
I think we go Astand -> Nerbins -> Kai -> Derps but we can’t lynch all of them.

I honestly did want to lynch Astand at nighttime and I still do. The lack of a death is puzzling. I feel like maybe we have to kill off Astand if we want the game to end. If there were 6 mafia, 11 town and 1 neutral, this setup is insanely scumsided at a glance.

If that’s not the case though, I think we should look at the wagons again. Let me fill in what I didn’t have before.

There are obviously no neutral killer from amount of kills this game, and I’ll have words with eevee if my role is somehow considered “harmful neutral” in this game, because this is absurd.

But sure, I dont think I have much shot at winning this game anyway.

Retrospective votecounts:

(according to flips)

Day 1:

PKRiestess (6): Geyxy, Derps, Simon, Marshal, Nerbins, Aretted
Nerbins (4): Jake, Maxwell, Astand, PKRiestess
Kai (2): Mercenary, Shurian
Aretted (2): PoisonedVulgard, FireKatze
Marshal (1): Kai
Jgoesemist (1): Maximus

Day 2:

FireKatze (9): Astand, PoisonedVulgard, Geyxy, Jake, Derps, Nerbins, Maximus, Aretted, Maxwell
Mercenary (4): Kai, Simon, FireKatze, DatBird
Geyxy (1): Shurian

Day 3:

Mercenary (7): Maxwell, Astand, Aretted, PoisonedVulgard, Nerbins, Simon, DatBird

Day 4:

DatBird (5): Maxwell, Astand, PoisonedVulgard, Wazza (Kai’s slot), Aretted
Maxwell (2): DatBird, Shurian
Maximus (1): Nerbins

I gather some important stuff from this.

1. Kai’s slot (currently Wazza) is l o c k c l e a r and I will fight everyone who argues against it. Look at the day 1 votecount. Two mafia were voting him and no one else. A pure scum wagon (even a small wagon) does not form on a partner at EoD, that’s just dumb unless it’s some hyper distancing move. These two votes would be much better used on someone like Nerbins. However, they were not used on Nerbins. Why is that?

Which brings me to my second point.

1. Nerbins is probably scum. Again, look at the day 1 votecount. Nerbins’ wagon is confirmed town -> town -> neutral claim -> scum. Only one scum vote on the counterwagon and it’s the scum that got lynched. Three of PKR/Priestess’s partners were voting elsewhere and none of them bussed PKR/Priestess with their votes. They were probably trying to save that slot since they were not voting it. However, for some reason, they did not try to save it by voting Nerbins. And that’s probably because Nerbins is scum and we had S/S wagons day 1. That’s the only logical explanation.

There is more evidence toward this.

The scumteam clearly loves singular distancing votes. Take a look at d2 Mercenary wagon. It goes locktown (to me) -> locktown (to me) -> flipped town -> scum. The wagon was on scum. A single scum vote was there and not any more.

Day 3. Same thing with Mercenary. The scumteam didn’t hardbus Merc for some reason, there is only one confirmed scum vote in there and maybe a second one.

The only time scum voted scum this game, it was a single vote.

Which brings me back to the d1 Nerbins wagon. There is no way the scumteam doesn’t go for it and save PKR/Priestess when that was clearly their intention VC-wise. At most, only one of them voted PKR/Priestess. If they did not want to save that slot, they could have just bussed it. But they did not. They refused to vote on the counterwagon.

Again, I believe the only logical explanation for this is that Nerbins is just scum and if they voted on the wagon, a member of their team would die anyway.

1. Simon’s votes are still great and he’s l o c k t o w n.

I know this is a very short post, but I really like the tone of this SoD, and alongside my general townlean on Derps, I think he’s town.

This leaves my slot and Arete/Disquieted.

I know I’m town, and I think Arete/Disquieted have cleared themselves very well. Notice how I gradually stopped pushing and scumreading them. That’s because they got more towny, and I still believe that. I think their slot is just town.

That’s all.

Arete & Disquieted
Astand
Simon
Kai -> Wazza
Vulgard & Squid
Derps
Nerbins

That’s my take right now. If we lynch Nerbins and Astand and the game still doesn’t end, I’m going to explode.

In a f3 with Derps and literally anyone else that isn’t Astand or Nerbins, I would lynch Derps. I don’t want to lynch him today though.

Simon and Wazza are lock clear to me, I know I’m town, and if Arete/Disquieted are scum, then they played exceptionally well d2 onwards. Somebody has to convince me their slot is scum if they think that’s the case. I honestly don’t see it and will only start considering it if lynching Nerbins + Astand doesn’t end the game (and I’m somehow still alive).

I had a wall here, but it can wait for later.

@Nerbins who did you block?

Maxwell’s votes have been so good this game, I’m really bummed he got modkilled.

I can claim, by the way, I just don’t see a good reason to do that. I’m not a PR and I don’t think I have important results. I might claim if something ends up disproving that thought.

Arete/Disquieted still give me a fair bit of paranoia but I wouldn’t lynch them today or tomorrow. Unless scum have a double nightkill I can lynch that slot in f3 (if I’m alive). I honestly expect both Wazza and Simon to die if the game goes to f3, leaving me with something like Arete/Disquieted + Derps + myself. In which case I’m going to flip because eioagjeagmeaogae.

Let’s not think about that though. I wholeheartedly believe a Nerbins lynch should end the game and if it doesn’t, well. We gotta lynch the neut claim. We can’t keep it alive in f3.

Actually if my action still got processed, since dat and others got lynched just before eod, this might explain the lack of nightkill.

I’ve just had that thought. You might have saved someone with a fruit.
And that brings me back to Nerbins. I feel like if Arete/Disquieted were scum, the nightkill would go through. It’s clear that slot has been paying extreme attention to the game. They would not attack someone who has been given a fruit / a possible means of protection.

Meanwhile I can see Nerbins misjudging who to attack, especially if he’s the final scum member as I suspect. This is not meant as an insult, there is just a massive gap between these two slots when it comes to contributions and attention.

This is also very true coming from Maxwell. Another reason why I wouldn’t lynch that slot over Nerbins and Astand. The only reason I can see Aretted doing this is if the mafia’s plan was to send a deepwolf to endgame, but it feels a bit… late to do that. I still don’t know why so many mafia suddenly died, but I just don’t see the strategy there.

Vulgard has bad reads, what else is new.

-Why I want to lynch this in f3 if things come to it.

Nerbins was given a fruit a night before, so if my action was processed, he was just occupied.

I gave him a banana n3.