[FM] Quantum Mafia - Game Thread - Mafia Victory

this game is entirely luck based so treat it as it is luck based.

kind of. but yeah, it depends on who dies, and then their flip is determined by randing their role out of their probability list, and that collapses some timelines where they would have had roles other than what they flip as, meaning that the rest of us receive increased or decreased odds of each of our roles as a resulting effect.

it’s not really luck, it’s probability; but considering the roles are randed within the probabilities we’re given, I guess you could sort of put it that way? but there’s a mathematical reason behind it so it’s not just pure luck.

day’s supposed to be over by now iirc even without a skip
also the soonest magnus will be able to get on is in like 4 hours absolute minimum

i saw someone saying that as of 7 minutes ago was day end. that could have been wrong tho

I thought day was over tomorrow at this time, not today

yeah it’s a 48 h day so it ain’t over yet

^

Yeah it’s somewhat of a gamble. The more players that are K.O ed the more concrete the roles actually become.

/Shrug Since we haven’t gotten any warning yet, let’s not overthink it and continue what we were doing, that’s discussion.

Then there’s also the thing where we actually have a hand on what roles could be given to others. Though it’s a small part of a probability, it actually matters if one player has received the majority of the votes for that role.

The forum’s dead?

I’m supposed to be studying for an exam that’s tomorrow morning lol, my activity levels are gonna dip for a bit

Pat pat
I’m having one at the end of the month. ;-;
And I’m here procrastinating.
Good luck.

2 Likes

I have mock exams and they’ve been going on for a few weeks now (which is way longer than normal)

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Bingo, skips weren’t even programmed

Time to check if skip majority was reached.

Manually.

2 Likes

(Eevee, do note I didn’t mean to skip as I thought it was just to skip the day, not to no-lynch)

No. I said in my post that if you decide to no lynch and signal it by voting to skip, day will be skipped.

Hence if it hit majority, it’s skipped.

Skip majority has been reached.

Night 1 has started.

It will last 24 hours.

Action sending deadline is in 20 hours from this post.

Please do not post here before day 2 starts.

6 Likes

For the action processing note:

Bot recognizes both names as well as pings (@eevee) of people.

I still recommend pings more, cause this way no one will typo stuff up.

3 Likes

Reminder - this is a matrix used for this game:

Holstering is also fine for cop or joat, as they have limited actions, so if you want to keep your abilities for later… that’s fine.

2 Likes

eevee bot (or rather my server) is struggling with processing quantum physics.

Who would guess computers can have problems in processing quantum physics.
(And I kinda did spaghetti coding in some places apparently)

Night 1 will be solved by one of top 100 world supercomputers instead.
Stay tuned for more news.

Game should start on time, but it depends on how they allocate resources to me.

9 Likes

Estimated current delay in day start - around 1 hour.

I blame PCSS for inability to prioritise mafia games in queue for supercomputer.

Duh.

Mafia games should always be number 1 priority.
Especially for acedmic-focused supercomputers.

9 Likes