[FM] Ritual Mafia IV -- Day 4 (7/16) -- Heretics and Traitor Win!

Final Day 2 Vote Count

Accused Voters Number
Amelia Arete, an_gorta_pratai, DryBones, Vulgard, katze 5/8
Apprentice Amelia, Alice, Wazza, Marshal 4/8
katze Icibalus 1/8
DryBones sulit 1/8
sulit Braixen 1/8

i am going to wait at least 3 minutes before posting the flip because of how inept I am at VC’s. If you think you see a discrepancy, please notify me how in your classcard.

2 Likes

@an_gorta_pratai do not post here. The day is over.

ok, seems that I’m good here. Flip coming iminently.

Amelia has been executed by the court on the charge of high treason!

And . . .

Note: The following clip contains major spoilers for Prison Break Season 4. DO NOT watch it if you currently are watching that show or ever have any intentions to watch that show.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wet5f1d5h9qnjs/Prison%20Break%20-%20Bellick's%20death%20scene%20-%204x09%20(online-video-cutter.com).mp4?dl=0

Amelia was . . .

The Conjurer

Congregation Offensive
Focus (Passive) - You are immune to occupation and redirection.
Ritual of Leadership (Ritual) - If you are sacrificed, a player of your choice will have two votes for the rest of the day.
Ritual of Lockdown (Ritual) - If you are sacrificed, select up to two players. They cannot vote or use abilities until the end of the night.
Dazing Spell (Night) - Prevent a player from performing their night action. Unlimited uses.
Spirit Chains (Night) - Permanently chain a player. The next time they would use a limited use ability, they will be occupied. (Also works on day abilities). Bypasses occupation immunity. 1 use.

Goal: Defeat the Heretics.

Amelia left no discernable logs for the court.

In solidarity with his fallen comrades, Italy has taken his own life in grief!

Italy was . . .

The Diviner

Congregation Investigative
Undercover (Passive) - You appear as a Seer to all investigative abilities. You will appear to visit whoever the heretics attack each night to the oracle’s “Clairvoyance” (won’t affect other tracking abilities).
Ritual of Leadership (Ritual) - If you are sacrificed, a player of your choice will have two votes for the rest of the day.
Ritual of Truth (Ritual) - If you are sacrificed, select a player. The court will be told if said player is a member of the Heretics (Traitors will always appear “not suspicious”).
Divination (Night) - Check if a player is part of the Heretics. Traitors appear not suspicious. Unlimited uses
Change of Faith (Night) - Select up to three players and check if at least one of them is a Heretic. If a Heretic or Traitor isn’t lynched tomorrow you will commit suicide. - 1 use.

Italy left the following discernable logs for the court:

"To priestess, I leave my cardboard box
And to kat, I leave…
A boot to the head.

And for the host who has read out my will, I leave not a boot to the head, but…"
A rabid Tasmanian Devil be placed in his trousers?!?!

Night 2 has just begun and will last 24 hours, ending at 2020-04-18T02:51:00Z.

Dawn has arisen!

Vulgard has been found dead in the congregational chambers! He was . . .

The Diviner

Congregation Investigative
Undercover (Passive) - You appear as a Seer to all investigative abilities. You will appear to visit whoever the heretics attack each night to the oracle’s “Clairvoyance” (won’t affect other tracking abilities).
Ritual of Truth (Ritual) - If you are sacrificed, select a player. The court will be told if said player is a member of the Heretics (Traitors will always appear “not suspicious”).
Divination (Night) - Check if a player is part of the Heretics. Traitors appear not suspicious. Unlimited uses
Change of Faith (Night) - Select up to three players and check if at least one of them is a Heretic. If a Heretic or Traitor isn’t lynched tomorrow you will commit suicide. - 1 use.

Vulgard left the following discernable logs for the court:

Vulgard - Diviner
N1 - Divination Marshal - Unable to perform the action.
N2 - Change of Faith an_gorta_pratai, Marshal, Apprentice
I figured I should absolutely check 3 people I’ve been flip-flopping on the most because if a three of them are V, that immensely helps us solve the game. Ofc one of them could be traitor but eh.

The Day 3 Ritual Phase has just begun, and it will last 24 hours, ending at 2020-04-19T02:56:00Z.

Best of Luck.

@Wazza
@Marshal
@Icibalus
@Alice
@an_gorta_pratai
@katze
@Arete
@Braixen
@ChopChop
@sulit

1 Like

@Apprentice

1 Like

I think I might claim here

Some fuckery went down

hi

I tried to reevaluate overnight and I put down my thoughts in my logs

I was running out of time towards the end so my later thoughts kind of suck but I’m just going to post them now

(also some of them are based on ‘if I die tonight’ assumptions which obviously don’t apply)

with amelia being real, that means that the apprentice PoE is in fact an existent one and that one (or more) of myself, braixen, marshal, and apprentice is scum

of these four i still think the one i read the worst is apprentice, with marshal being not too far behind. i don’t think braixen has scum equity at all minus converts. his handling of my FPS felt too real for this to be the case

as well as italy being (obviously) real, their greenchecks on 2 of Arete/Alice/Marshal still should be considered

heres an actually not randomly generated readlist from me, compiled at 6AM because i didn’t want to sleep

read list

Town

katze - insert funny joke here
Braixen - i hate his methodology but this slot is just town
Jgoes > Vulgard - there is a villager posting on this account, therefore it is town

Derps > Icibalus - derps was really really bad but ici is really really good
Arete - :unamused: unfortunately this is probably just a willager but if this is wolf im gonna be very angry
Alice - notably absent throughout a lot of D2, hopefully they have a reason for this? pretty spewwed V by kyo anyway

= NULL LINE =

Marshal - i still think this slot has fairly low groupscum equity but high traitor equity and moderate convert equity, i have a slight tinfoil that they were really minister and retracted due to being converted
DryBones - this slot is almost NEVER starting scum but their post-kyo ritual was very poor and as such their convert equity feels extremely high; especially since this slot makes for a REALLY good ritual and this was verbally expressed in thread
Apprentice - i still hate this slot and i really hope the day begins with a check on it, but Kyo kinda spews this slot in a positive light
Wazza - im not allowed to townread this slot, but their EoD2 was kinda iffy? i think if anyone else was miscleared early this is a candidate for it
Napoleon > Gorta - nappy was scummy and gorta is kinda towny but this slot is VERY UTR and that’s concerning?
sulit - i townread this slot earlier but i REALLY didnt like their EoD2 upon reevaluation; so i reread the EoD1. and it reeks, honestly. “CFD TO JGOES” “this flips town :(((” which looks good at a glance but with vulgard replacing jgoes and being obvious town, they wanted to CFD to town from town; and this slot just kind of existed during and after the D2 ritual?

Scum

depending on the night kill(s), i think our ritual PoE is kind of small

i think a blood mage might be the best ritual, but it’s a very high risk one since if they misvig we just lose unless scum missed their nightkill

an enchanter is a safe ritual, since we keep numbers in this case.

vulgard (diviner) is also a good ritual but i personally don’t like it just because his reads are probably more valuable than one peek; but i consider this a lower risk blood mage ritual with a lower reward

braixen (medium) is also a decent ritual, but unless a second conjurer is killed overnight i don’t think the reward is worth it here, unfortunately

alice (martyr) is an okay ritual as well, as a one shot occupy and one shot heal gives us ways to stop the nightkills tonight

which means the ritual PoE (in no order) would be something like this

Arete (Blood Mage)
Apprentice (Blood Mage)
DryBones (Blood Mage)
katze (Enchanter)
gorta (Enchanter)
Vulgard (Diviner)
Braixen (Medium)
Alice (Martyr)

and if i take out the people below the null line

Arete (Blood Mage)
katze (Enchanter)
Vulgard (Diviner)
Braixen (Medium)
Alice (Martyr)

i think the route we go from here depends a lot on who dies tonight, so i think i’ll stop this wallpost here

did i really just write a wallpost, i disgust myself

also I’m copypasting this from the off-site website where I wrote these logs, not from my role PM, for the record

Arete the Blood Mage

D1 - Collect blood from Dry

N1 - no action

D2 - Drain blood from Vulgard, Alice, and katze

N2 - Elixir of Blood

if you have any doubts that I actually wrote these/my flip might have been altered: in MHA Mafia on Mafia 451, Firekitten was able to confirm Seth as town because of the specific flavor (being pulled by the hair) used in his neighborizer, sulit and Seth can both confirm this, are the only ones as far as I know who can confirm this, and wouldn’t be able to fake my writing style

If I died that means one of two things: either Kyo chose Offensives as his type to occupy for the ritual (which would bypass immunities, so I think it would override my elixir) or that Dry ON D1/Vul/Alice/katze contains a minimum of 1 wolf

also I really should’ve made Italy one of my drain targets, not sure why I didn’t do that to be honest

killing me is really weird here when basically everyone scumreads me or scumreads me conditional on Amelia flipping town, I would look into who’s likely to do that. I don’t see Vul/Alice as ever killing me here, Alice IIRC decides night kills based on either clearing voices to suspect her (which I wasn’t doing) or being consensus town. katze I can see maybe doing it for the memes?? I guess?? and Marshal I could see for the same reason + me starting to suspect him, or Wazza for me vocally pushing him?? but overall this is a really weird kill. also possible that an Enchanter debbed someone into me, although in that case they’ll probably … out that information …

anyways my reads have been really bad this game, by PoE Amelia should have always been scum and she flipped town, so I either miscleared someone or was wrong about some of the interactions between people in the PoE as being never W/W (or both) so I’m going to try to reevaluate as many of them tonight as I can

edited to add: I didn’t make it through all of them but I hope what I did make it through helped, good luck, I believe in you

Wazza: I think this slot is a good candidate for person-I-miscleared. I basically slotted it into a town box on D1 for the town PoV slip and never reevaluated; I’m not 100 percent on this read but I’m not willing to treat this as locktown anymore. A lot of the things he’s done are consistent with a wolf of Wazza’s skill level, like, a lot of his posts are IIOA and he has a very narrow view of the game, also despite claiming to be confident the top wagons both days were town he didn’t put much effort into trying to switch to a different wagon, like, he claimed to be fine with either me or Apprentice being lynched yesterday and confident Amelia was town but had to be forced to vote Apprentice when that should have been a pretty obvious decision based on wagon formation at EoD. There are still some things holding me back – the town PoV slip on D1 is one, and honestly I don’t see Wazza as scum spending all of D2 softing Traitor, then complaining about getting townread despite the traitor softs UNLESS he’s actually Traitor and trying to signal. Just, I’m not willing to lock him as town the way I was before.

Marshal: I was having a lot of doubts yesterday despite TRing this slot D1, which is part of why I stuck with the Amelia wagon even when I was having doubts, but I think his EoD2 was really really good, like, as scum Marshal has no need to care about whether or not Amelia gets lynched and he clearly cared a lot. That on its own isn’t unfakeable for Marshal’s skill level, but based on his pushes I also have to believe that all of Apprentice, Amelia, and Seth are villagers as of EoD2, which … I don’t, really, to be honest. I vaguely remember thinking this slot had some traitor equity yesterday but I don’t remember why, and honestly his EoD2 doesn’t really make sense for uninformed scum unless he was secretly really scumreading Amelia and also my reads pre-N2 sucked, so.

Edit while reading Ici/Derps: him pushing the CFD onto Kyo is a kind of meh look specifically because of how he did it (saying he would only switch if X other people also publically announced a switch), also I remembered why I thought he had traitor equity (it’s because of Apprentice’s check if Apprentice is real)

Icibalus: I suck at reading Derps so instead I’m going to focus on Ici. loltownslips but I don’t really see Ici trying to fake the whole thing where he made a read on Kyo even though Kyo was dead and flipped scum. He’s had some weird tone things but I think that’s just his personality. Also honestly I don’t see him (this is about Derps now not Ici) trying to CFD off of Kyo as particularly scum motivated, like, if you’re reading this I’m literally flipped town and he was trying to CFD to me over Kyo, I re-read the D2 ritual part and it didn’t feel super coordinated with Kyo?? I see katze’s arguments here with the peek thing and they make sense to me but

Alice: ugh it’s like 45 minutes before EoN and Alice is hard to read

I’m going to skip her and I’ll come back later if I have time

actually I’m going to skip ahead to talking about App and DryBones because I have actual serious things to say about them that have already occurred to me, then go back and do everyone else

Apprentice: I thought about it again and I’m back to scumreading him, I think, despite saying he was wolfy Kyo never voted him afaict, which looks bad on associations, and also his 3-person redcheck thing is literally exactly a play that Kyo’s made before so it’s super plausible that he would get the idea from Kyo. Also Braixen/katze/Marshal are all just townier than him it’s going to turn out that I’ve been pocketed all game isn’t it

I’m soulreading the ‘my flip will be a meme’ thing as legit but I don’t know if it overrides everything else about him

DryBones: this slot was super obvtown on D1 and D2 pre-ritual, it stopped being super obvtown after the ritual, like I said yesterday I think it has high convert equity. I don’t know who would seriously convert DryBones but I think he’s converted. could point to people-who-haven’t-played-with-him-before? which would exclude me/Marshal/Alice/sulit/Wisp I think, maybe some others that I’m forgetting about. anyways this can die unless he switches back to his obvious town meta

anyways I said what I wanted to say about them, back to down-the-list

Napoleon/an_gorta: aaa why does Nappy have 704 posts in topic. I don’t have time to read all of these, maybe if I’m alive tomorrow I can read them, until then I’m going to stick with the probably not W/W with Kyo read I had yesterday even though I should be trying to reevaluate. okay good an_gorta only has 182, let’s look at those. 5717 feels decent because he’s pushing App specifically as Sorc? my brain thinks it would be weird for scum to push someone as specifically Sorc when they have TMI that Kyo is Sorc. him thinking his slot is wolfy is kind of :eyes: but other than that his posts are gut-townie?? also I just remembered Nappy trying to get himself checked by Italy, which (a) doesn’t really make sense for scum to do (although lolWifoM) and (b) makes a lot of sense from the PoV of the class he’s claiming, which was a perspective he’s had issues faking as scum in the past

I suck at reevaluation apparently, I TR’d him before and I TR him now

okay I’m going to send these in and keep writing, hopefully I’ll be able to update them again before EoN, I have like 25 minutes until it ends, that should be time to talk about a couple more people although not to read their Isos

katze is next

yeah no I’m not reading all several thousand posts of hers, realistically I can’t with how much time I have left, I’m just going to give some vague impressions of her slot from what I remember

katze: I remember thinking her perspective was townie on D1, which is a decent look for her, I guess, other than that the things I specifically remember from her were her really wanting to be checked by Italy, which I think is a good look for her (obviously doesn’t exclude traitor but), like, scum can do that kind of thing for WifoM but she was pretty insistent. the thing that I feel weirdest about is her handling of my slot? like, ‘let’s lynch Arete in semi-MyLo so that if they’re town we know their reads come from town’ is a really bad take. also technically she’s thunderdomed with Braix/Marshal/Apprentice and if you’re reading this with D1!Dry/Alice/Vulgard. I think she’s the second towniest in the first group and third towniest in the second group.

next is me

next is Italy but he’s dead

okay next is Braixen

honestly I’m not reading anyone’s posts anymore, just trying to remember why I read them the way I read them and seeing if I still believe it

Braixen: I’m going to be honest I should be properly reevaluating but I don’t think I’m ever going to see his plays D1/early D2 as coming from scum, like, what sort of wolf makes a bunch of RNG readlists, proudly posts the readlists, then when people interact with them about it is like ‘haha epic scum bait I caught you, sucks to suck,’ like I’m not going to say he’s playing well but he’s playing villagery, plus then on D2 there’s the thing where he spent several hours insulting me and then being like ‘okay I guess Arete is town,’ like, I don’t want to believe he’s doing that as a wolf

already talked about DryBones

sulit is next

sulit has a confirmed roleblock which is a decent look for her (technically could be W/W with Vul but that would make Vul a wolf and I don’t want to believe that Vul’s a wolf), could technically also be from Kyo with her just claiming it? but ehhh, it’s a villagery roleblock target and that counts for something. other than that, uhhh … I think she usually converts me or Wisp and neither of us is converted, could maybe see her going katze/Alice though

oh right also I just remembered katze’s ‘if I were scum I’d convert Arete’ comment, not 100 percent sure I believe it but I believe it enough to give him some townpoints for me not being converted

anyways back to sulit

I initially read her interactions with Kyo early on as never W/W but I’m not sure if I believe that anymore, I could kind of see W!Kyo pushing on a partner like that, her posts feel basically decent? where by that I mean her first several, I didn’t read all of them. aaaa but I suck at reading sulit

honestly have some people who don’t suck at reading sulit read her, they’ll do better than Panicked Arete 10 Minutes Before EoN and they can’t possibly all be wolves, right?

Vulgard: okay I’m going to open up Vul’s Iso and count how many posts it takes to get to one that was Written By A Villager. uhh based on the RB he has to be either Seer or town or scum with sulit. anyways.

his 12th post (7436) was written by a villager, which is a decent look. uh 7510 and 7521 seem to contradict each other, someone who’s alive should ask him about that probably. also about why he voteparked Amelia before EoD despite the fact that I was the one pushing the wagon. …is he actually a wolf this game? anyways 7527 was also written by a villager probably. so is 7641. this is a lower density of posts-written-by-villagers than I would like but I’m going to call it good enough, I guess. at the very least there are better lynches.

oh wait that’s actually everyone because I aleady did Apprentice

okay

App/Drybones would be my top lynches today, Drybones specifically because he’s a convert

sacrifice someone who’s not a wolf, if there’s a greenpeek that’s a good choice

don’t automatically trust redchecks, it’s LyLo

uh

traitor rituals are less bad than they sound? since they take away a wolf vote? although Lamb is really bad

good luck

9:50 PM now, going to send these in

Those are your logs???

I thought they had to be 1000 chars

I specifically cut down to keep mine undef

What the fuck

oh did we both prepare wallposts

okay lemme read yours

Ok

How the actual fuck am I not dead

there is no limit here (never specified in the OP so ye). just has to fit in one discourse post (150,000 char max).