FoL Feedback Thread

modkill prince if they claim/soft

giving both scum factions a reliable strongman on prince is a decent start but i feel it may be almost too strong?

might be worth trying nonetheless though, because i was quite unhappy with the d1 prince claim d2 massclaim

I like this idea.

Scum roles typically have ways around it though. Scum actually had the roles necessary to kill it N1, Invoker could have swapped protectives off and Cult Leader could have eradicated N1 (this can happen if it’s really SUCH a breaking strategy). Conversion still would probably be better though.

A bleed with a blood ward could do it sometimes too, since healers wouldn’t be informed.

A lot of NKs have forms of strongman. D1 Prince? GG Demon. Mindflayer, Reaper and Demon bypass protections of kinds. Sorcerer can bypass death immunity at least with a bombing.

1 Like

Wait

It’s a Solic

1 Like

Might be cool to have them know they were attacked by something as well to be honest. NKs should be slightly more informed over other players in my opinion. So they would generically be informed of being attacked by an Archer/Knight/Alchemist/Hunter’s Mark/Cult Leader/Assassin (maybe one more that I’m forgetting).

This would enable them to react more quickly to a thunderdome and react accordingly. Alternatively, they would know that scum now knows them, so they play to that or try and create a scenario where they “self-healed” or beared or the like. It’s still a guessing game for the exact scenario for them, but they can anticipate slightly more. It’d have to be clearly stated in a passive though, since it’d just apply to NK’s.

In addition, NKs could use a buff now that it’s been raised to 18 players.

2 Likes

Just passing through. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Is this supposed to be in addition to brewing another potion, or instead of brewing another one?

classcard isnt very clear on this

Cold Steel (Night) - Choose a player to attack. If they are a member of the Blue Dragon, you will also take your own life. - Infinite uses

Eagle Shot (Night) - Fire an arrow to kill your target. This ability is disabled if you kill a member of BD with it. - Infinite uses

Poison Potion: Attack a player, if they are a member of the Blue Dragon, you will commit suicide instead.

Execute (Night) - Kill the player you have jailed (Bypasses night immunity and healing). If the executed is a member of the Blue Dragon, you will not be able to execute for the rest of the game. - 3 uses

Wording should probably be homogenized… I’d say they would either both not be guilted or both be guilted. Own preference on both being guilted.

Exhume was meant to improve nightkill analysis, not directly link to a Possessor game, so I agree with this, but that means that Possessor’s attack should probably be reworded as well (which it already should have been tbh)

I said my piece on this in the interaction thread.

If this would not be the case, Scorned and Noble could garner free bounties on scum and makes townsiding Scorned easier.

Should probably be indicated near the classlist section in an OP. I’ve always handled up to 3 maximum. Having an upper limit is important for class variety in a game, but having that limit not be too high is important for claimspace.

I have nothing to say about this, since I wasn’t part of making this ability.

1 Like

Eagle Shot specifically notes that the Archer has to kill a BD, though

On one hand this could basically be used as a faction check for Knight if they suicide (Alch doesn’t kill both targets so it’s already a bit like this)

On the other hand I think it’s not exactly optimal use of a Knight anyway

They could have been redirected or occupied or be prevented of their visit.

It does, but I see no reason why the guilt should be different here.

Yeah, that’s also a good point.

I think my ToL ruling of “if you attack a healed target you suicide, if they’re DI you’ll live” is objectively a bad way to go at it but I didn’t really think too hard about it since there was no Alch and the real Knight was lynched D2 :eyes:

I think it makes more sense for the Knight/Alch to suicide on a healed/DI target

I guess because Archer doesn’t have their own life on the line? shrug only thing i can think of

No worries, I know the struggles of not exactly knowing the interactions of a game established by others. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

when in doubt, pretend it’s ToL :wink:

definitely coulda gone worse

1 Like

Okay basically this Fool talk reminded me that NK is hella weak, especially in 18p, and something needs to be done

First off i think the classlist should defenitely be this

Classlist

King (65% Good, 35% Evil / Devout)
Mastermind / Cult Leader
Assassin / Random Cult
Prince
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon / Random Neutral Non-Killer
Random Neutral Non-Killer
Random Neutral Non-Killer
Neutral Killer

The number of blue dragons is far too high, especially for NK in an 18p scenario. That many players makes NK less buff, and neutrals might be the best bet to help NK(and help take away from the townsidedness of FoL already)

2-3 neuts not only makes this closer to ToL, but also gives NK potential allies(or at least fewer enemies) to help them along

The 2nd thing im suggesting is more controversial, but i truly thing this passive should be added to every NK on the list

Passive Name(Passive) - At any point during day 1, you may choose what class you show up as to investigative abilities. Additionally, every night, you may choose who you appear to visit. If no target is chosen, you will appear to visit whoever you target.

Yes, i’m suggesting full investigative immunity, from faction checks, to class type checks, to visits.
(And yes, i kinda stole this from the LSOTV setup)

This might seem like a bit much, but for a single player to lose the game simply because their kill target was watched or they were put in a PoE because of a K/O check is not how things should operate.

Right now FoL is far too townsided and the best steps that need to be taken is to buff NK in a significant way and to balance out the game with 1 more garunteed neutral slot

1 Like

Still not convinced more Neuts directly correlate to better game balance

1 Like

Shadow NK seems interesting though

I’d be down to see it labbed

i do think it correlates to a better NK win chance tho

simply its 1 less slot to have to mow down and one more potential ally(who are very rare for an NK)

1 Like

Do we really want to make the game worse for 17 people to make it a bit better for 1

i don’t think buffing NK makes the game “worse” for the other 17

i personally wish FoL was more competative