[FoL] FoL 22 - The Blue Dragon and Scorned Win!

But what if she’s not?

Then she has to prove it

Bingo. A wolf’s motivation is survival. Shoving your face on the spotlight by doing what he did isn’t going to make him survive for long.

But see, why would you bring the possibility up?

Sigh… I never said this.

LHF is usually a newbie villager who acts stupidly wolfy due to inexperience.

They’re often pushed by players of both alignments.

That honestly sounds like a powermove as a town.

You want to live, so you play heavily scummy to where no one even cares because a real evil wouldn’t play scummy.

A lot of people just straight up lynch ultra-scummy villagers due to not knowing their alignment, though.

New players can’t be read like that. They don’t all shrivel up and go into hiding; HTM said it before…his first Scumgame he stayed active because he thought that’s how to play. Perhaps Jake thinks he would be townread for staying active and it just backfired?

Powermove, not foolproof move.

Yes, but being so damn contrarian like this?

Well aware that not everyone on a LHF wagon is scum, but to even point out the fact means you are entertaining the idea that one or more players on the LHF wagon are wolves. If you truly believe both Jake and everyone on his wagon is town, you wouldn’t have mentioned it as town.

There is a distinctive difference between a LHF push and an inexperienced town push.

So EotW is claiming neutral but is also suggesting an unseen game? Based on my experience with ToL, that seems like an MM play

We don’t know for sure what Jake is, and there is no D1 lynch. To say Jake is locktown based on his posts would be a lie and hed certainly make a good check for N1.

Alternatively they could be a scorned

Considering we are quite unsure on him, I’d have to agree

A LHF push is a push on a wolfy villager.

An inexperienced town push is a push by a newb villager for bad reasons, ala what I said by Hjasik-level push.

I wouldn’t locktown him over being LHF. I’m pointing out that a lot of shit he says comes from inexperienced villagers more than inexperienced wolves.

If we give every newbie a newbie pass, you can just forget about actual gamesolving. Why bother when a newbie can be scum and get away with acting scummy in the open but will get a free pass from other players?

Arete is new and has been screaming locktown. You’re doing a disservice to these players who are trying to learn how to play properly, Alice.

1 Like

I think if Jake is scum (which he does seem to be acting), he’s likely to be the NK, mostly because I think his partner would have told him to stop repeatedly shading everyone for trying to make D1 reads, and also because when he finally did produce a read it was on EotW, who we currently suspect of being groupscum.

If he turns out to be groupscum I’d be far more suspicious of Alice than I currently am, since she’s more or less the only one actively defending him, but at the same time I’m not sure that she’d do something that obvious.

1 Like

The reason I think Jake is LHF is not because he’s scummy, but because of how damn contrarian he is.

I lynch wolfy newbies who are genuine wolfy and have a wolf mindset.

Jake is wolfy due to being a contrarian in the spotlight. This isn’t a wolf mindset as putting himself in the spotlight and spouting shit like that gets you lynched.

1 Like