Chloe fan club (but only FM related) (formerly initiative to improve townplay thread) 😹

lol

i like alt games, as ppl may expect

i placeboed myself into thinking meta was the only thing i could do reading wise for months and months and months

see, for some players, it does everything
for others, it’s complete garbage and just wastes dozens of hours

i dont want a strat that’s so unbelievably, sporadically varied in its effectiveness based on the player to be a thing
because as i learned the hard way by getting mis-exe’d over and over and over again by thinking that was the only thing i was capable of, it’s absolutely unusuable if it’s the only thing you have for everyone
meaning it’s just a cheap gimmick on those with obv metas

Pretty much, meta-reading is unviable as it requires you to have a lot of experience* with a player and even then it’s a crapshoot for most people who are capable of breaking their meta.

* By this I mean it requires several games of either alignment. The meta-reading that people do here is an even worse version of normal meta reading as people here make strong meta reads even if they’ve only experienced like one or two wolf-games with a person. You usually need a decent history to make accurate meta reads unless they’re substantiated by something else such as CRich’s tone

2 Likes

never forget FK in RM2

Meta-reads work on the worst 5% of FM players so you can only really use them on 98% of players here.

13 Likes

if you are town

vote

17 Likes

Addendum:

Regardless of your alignment, play the game you signed up for.

18 Likes

Let’s just ignore the fact scumteam could’ve lynched Prince with that amount of votes.

3 Likes

So

I think at this point we have a pretty good idea of what we should be doing – like, most of the recent scum wins could have been averted by people actually following the Townplay Improvement Advice, the problem isn’t that people don’t realize that you should work with other villagers/reevaluate in LyLo/etc.

however, despite knowing what to do, people don’t seem to be … doing it

how do we fix this

I don’t think we can? Like the biggest problem I notice (and I’m guilty of this myself) is that many people don’t care enough about winning or losing to put in a large effort to win as town. They’re content to enjoy the game and lose

1 Like

what is fun

grand idea turbos with scum ICs

3 Likes

okay this is not a fix-all

but what if we do an “award” system somehow.
create a thread to highlight the players who had the most impact on the game, tried their hardest, or improved the most
(this also includes scum/neuts, i dont discriminate)
give them a title for a month to show off their awesomeness

maybe people need incentive to try harder
shrug

3 Likes

It might be. People sure do love their endorphins firing at 900 miles an hour for being complemented on doing well

1 Like

mod awards for best town / best scum / funniest post at the end of the game is very poggers

1 Like

if town wins a game
i will personally like every post in the game (until I run out of likes) just to give people a few seconds of feeling appreciated :^)

1 Like

wait maybe that’s dopamine. anyway brain chemicals good

1 Like

would it be bad to, as a host message, before every LyLo, literaly link the LyLo article on MU

1 Like

yes

1 Like

would it be good to, as a community, have one person link it, and actually follow it?

I haven’t seen people actually force wolfier players to vote first