King is now at mercy of court

The original king had only 3 guards and no other night ability at all. And Royal finger had a cooldown

3 Likes

Agreed, it’s so frustrating to see the king just be a whisper mule and people are just ignoring the king now or wanting to kill the king right away. I miss the old king of faking out BD if we are good, neutral or evil and faking out the BD by pretending to earn their trust by sacrificing a few scum.

New king is so bad and irrelevant. They took what was supposed to be a commanding leadership position, the only one in the game, and completely dumpstered it. Disappointing patch and I’ve never had less fun with the game.

If people are whispering you info there are ways to confirm info, by doing tests and having people use abilities that confirm them.

The bigger issue is there is zero reason to whisper the King in the first place. You might as well pick a random player and whisper them all your roles than whisper King. The chance they’ll be evil is lower.

Why would you ever wishper to the first king?

Honestly, i think the best strategy now is to kill the starting king and replace him with royal blood king, the only way you lose if the first converted person have royal blood and he is chosen…

I see that the Forums are becoming ToS Forums 2:Electric Boogaloo

Not too long before the sense of pride and accomplishment washed us away.

Shamefully, the beta testers seem to have the only sense here. Real shame

But it is a good stuff, right?

more player came in here…

but more cyanide?

My Faith in Humanity Meter at Launch: 100%
My Faith in Humanity as of 1.09: 0%, check back later

I understand why the king change was made, but I feel like the nerf was too harsh. There’s not really any reason to keep the original king now. Why should knights guard him or healers heal him if he could be any faction and he can’t really do anything aside from force a vote once. The meta I see is killing king and just letting the neutral killer take his place to make it easy for him and the BD. Or just killing king and letting a confirmed BD take his place. What can king even do? Prince and other investigative classes can just carry the game.

I think the new king feels good. Being able to instantly reveal a player’s faction is simply too big of a decisive investigation ability. It leads to some really unfun situations where a random check on night 1-4 gets you executed as an alchemist or a scorned BD or something.

Now the king doesn’t have decisive investigation abilities and actually has to rely on the court mostly for information. Allies isn’t completely useless though, since common claims for scum are often princess/drunk that you can easily find out if they’re lying. The new allies requires players to work together to socially deduce baddies instead of just getting a lucky check. Or it can outright help an evil king find a suspected prince.

I’d be fine with buffing it a bit since finding royalty isn’t that useful at all, but not putting it back where it was last patch.

1 Like

It might be better as a class checker

Like ‘Is player A Investigative?’ Allie check gives a true or false answer

Since many people think the King is a whisper mule, why not go tongue-in-cheek and actually empower his whisper mule status, give the king unlimited or limited uses of “Kings Quarters” and make all whispers to and from King hidden from chat.

2 Likes

That’s not a terrible idea actually.

People will be more inclined to whisper knowing it doesn’t paint a target on them, but since the King might be Evil it balances out a bit.

1 Like

It would seem king allies have come back…it was the right move…adds a bit more chaos and action to the game…matches were so stale and so many random whispers, you just could /never/ be sure of anything as king…this is better…gj devs

Oh no, it was a terrible moves.

King is not investigator.

2 Likes

You know, without the king’s allies ability I thought the game was in a much better place… I’ve heard earlier versions the king didn’t even have the ability and only 3 guards. The games dynamic was so much better and the neuts felt strong now that the king can’t just random spy people and get neuts killed. Made fake BD claims for neuts much stronger.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also massively hated the reversal of it. I always enjoy the contest of claims in these games, you are accused, you go up, you put up your logs, demand your accuser put up his so people can compare which one seems more credible… everyone second guesses whether the accuser is a scorned, unseen etc…

Or you get put up by the king… you know normally in these kinds of games it’s considered gamethrowing not to put up a defence, but if you are accused by the king, there’s really no point in that formality. It doesn’t matter what your logbook says, or your claim. You are getting executed, end of discussion.

2 Likes

Yeah there is no counter claim to King calling you out.

You can say you’re framed, but no one will ever buy that given just the statistical odds of it, nor should they.

And even an evil king isn’t likely to fake a claim like that since they’ll die for it.