[MISC] Happy Puzzle University (Sponsored by Carl's Jr.) - Signups (16/16)

Welcome, young prodigies, to Happy Puzzle University!

Hosted by @Marshal
Co-hosted by @EliThePsycho and @Whysper

Game Mechanics

• The game is largely based around friendship and puzzle solving.

• To win, players have to graduate. The first person to graduate will be declared the Valedictorian, A.K.A. the best of the best. All players win as long as they do not fail out of school or other factors prevent them from graduating. To graduate, you have to complete your final puzzle.

• Alternate wincons are possible

• Each day there will be 1 class. You will be automatically sent to your class, unless you specifically note not to, or are prevented. You will be given homework at the end of each class meant to be turned in at the beginning of the next one. It is possible for class to be canceled for any reason.

• Grades are power in Happy Puzzle University. Many different benefits and setbacks are given to students based on their grades. Grades are based on attendance, homework completion and accuracy, and test / quiz scores. No, you donā€™t get an exact system, I grade how I feel like it.

• Outside of classes, there will be campus life. You are free to explore all of campus, except for that one building! You know the one! Donā€™t try it!!! You can improve your social standing, form
    study groups, or find various things that can help you improve your acceleration towards graduation, hinder others, or various other things. Thereā€™s plenty of mystery surrounding the campus, so feel free to try to figure out the various puzzles of life.

• Stealing will have a base 50% chance of working, with a 50% chance of a successful steal going unnoticed. This can be altered by stats. Any attempt to steal homework will always be noticed.

• To whisper, create a PM with you, your recipient, and me.

• Activity is expected. This is still very much a freeform misc / puzzle game, so expect an amount of activity similar to VLDR. I will replace you out if I feel like it. You have been warned. If you complain after, I will call you cringe.

Energy

• Each player will have a maximum amount of energy as determined by their stats. 30 is the minimum energy level

• To go to your classes, dorms, and the cafeteria, you do not need energy.

• To go to a building costs 1 energy, and to move within a building costs another 1 energy. All other actions will have an energy cost determined by the host.

• Maximum energy will be replenished for a full nightā€™s sleep in your dorm, + an extra 10 energy if you stay in there for the duration of the night phase. You may leave your dorm during the night phase, but all energy points used at night will be deducted from your energy points the next day, including a -5 penalty for being tired.

• There will be a -5 energy penalty if you do not eat at the cafeteria at least once per day.

• Homework can be completed at night at no penalty

Rolecards

• Your rolecard will have your major, and your stats. Abilities could possibly be gained later. All actions will be done in your rolecard. In the format

/Action [Energy Level After Action / Max Energy Level]

• Additionally, each player will have a backpack, with 5 public slots and 1 private slot.

Map

To sign up:

do /in, /join, or similar, ping me, and chose which major you will be enrolling with. No two people will have the same major. Avaliable majors are as follows:

Engineering
Biology
Psychology
Nursing
Business
History
Education
Agriculture
Law
Electrical Engineering
Fire science
Mathematics
Languages
Sociology
Journalism
Computer Science

Playerlist

1. Arete - History
  2. sulit - Agriculture
  3. ATNoName - Engineering
  4. Apprentice - Fire Science
  5. Intensify - Mathematics
  6. Shurian - Psychology
  7. Zap527 - Electrical Engineering
  8. Amelia - Journalism
  9. an_gorta_pratia - Nursing
  10. Geyde - Business
  11. Wazza - Computer Science
  12. PKR - Law
  13. Italy - Biology
  14. KyoDaz - Languages
  15. Arctic - Sociology
  16. Cheese - Education

Backups

1. thepigeonnyc
  2. GGhana
  3. Nightingale
  4. conduit

Spectators

1. katze (informed)
  2. min (informed)
  3. DatBird (informed)
  4. Chloe (informed)
  5. Jane (informed)
  6. Trochilcdiwleiae (informed)
  7. Silviu (informed)

(why do I bother with ā€œinformedā€ im not going to let uninformed spectators cuz what the fuck??/? anyways hi)

Couple disclaimers:

• Game is, like, 90% finished. (I lost all map files and have to re-do those. Everything else is more or less completed.)
  • I will needā€¦ cohosts. Any interested parties please reach out
  • The OP will not lie to you
  • That being said, please read it before joining
  • We may need backups, if you donā€™t get in in time then please join as one of those if you still wish to play.
  • Game has activity standards, people, and if you donā€™t play, weā€™ll reach out to backups to keep the game active
  • THE GAME WILL NOT START UNTIL (Ok so i canā€™t figure out the time thing because my site is set to russian, but it will start during the weekend) THE WEEKEND, which is in like 5 days, exact start date will come when I figure out how to work the time feature in russian.

@an_gorta_pratai

know u love to be pinged for these so
boop

you are the first ping

1 Like

how many minute per day do I have to spend on average?

I mean idk if thereā€™s a minute per day average type thing, but think, like, the general amount of acctivity needed in a danganronpa game.

/in

smh

history major please

/in
tripletable

/in engineering plz

crap

@Marshal

/in major Law

Why

can i murder somebody :flushed:

or i could cohost :flushed:

/in

major Fire science

@Marshal

if you want somebody knocking at your door

iā€™m guessing thereā€™s going to be a big twist at the beginning weā€™re not told about
and that this is secretly a DR game

I started off thinking this would just be puzzle solving and now Iā€™m convinced this is just VLDR in a school

1 Like