Queue/Submit Discussion Thread

Thanks. I am going to have a nightmare about this somewhen in the future. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

For the most part, SCP-1715 uses proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and spelling, with only occasional errors.

yeah nah you had me on board until that

People just remember that game because of Dybu Dabu.

Gee, I wonder?

2 Likes

I mean it might have technically been their first account on this forum right?

/report Alice for breaking rule 7 of the Global Forum/Discord/Game/Meta Rules - Please Read First

simp

You’re not wrong

So, I came up with this idea, and idk if it would be FM or misc, but instead of there being an informed minority, there would just be two uninformed factions with about the same number of people. I don’t have any thoughts beyond that, but idk how to balance that. Does anyone else have any ideas?

That’s not mafia, that’s a different dynamic in itself.

You would have to make it engaging in some way because it’s literally just like “claim what team you are on and vote people not on yours”

thats
not fun at all?

You’d have to institute something to make it not incredibly boring like that otherwise it’s just not a good idea lol

Would only work as like a misc since well

What marshal said I guess?

I think it’s time that I came out as an illegal alt

1 Like

I’m an alt of DybuDabu.

Wow

Why does Alice have so many alts

It’s how she wins fm games. She’s in the scum chats

1 Like

Oh, interesting idea. :slightly_smiling_face: I think you’d need to make this a non-vanilla misc with a few special roles to make this work.

I haven’t played the game yet, but you’ve probably heard of The Resistance: Avalon. Something interesting I read about that game is that the good/town side has one random player with the Merlin role. This player knows who all the bad/scum players are, but has to be careful to speak in riddles to their teammates so that the scum don’t know who they are and kill them off. So maybe each faction would have one Merlin role.

Additionally, you might have 1 or 2 other players on each team with special limited-use abilities to reveal the faction of other players. So some possible abilities might be the following:

• Reveal the faction of a targeted player to yourself only
  • Reveal a random player of your same faction to yourself only
  • Reveal a player to everyone as their true faction
  • Reveal a player to everyone as their opposite faction

Another possibility with the 2 factions is a single neutral. Maybe the neutral knows the factions of everyone and can try to use this to manipulate everyone. Especially if there’s also the Merlin roles, they can try pretending to be one of the Merlins. Or maybe the neutral is a lone wolf, but they need to choose a faction at some point.

Another consideration is having 3 factions. So towards the beginning of the game, when you are voting for someone, instead of it being almost 50-50 that you hit a teammate, it’s only around a 1/3 chance. As the game progresses, you have to consider whether to work with one faction to try completely eliminating the other faction first, or keep things balanced.

Anyway, I think there are some possibilities for a game with that basic premise of two uninformed factions. Let me know if you are interested in discussing ideas further. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, with those abilities I mentioned, maybe actually every player gets a single use of one of those randomly assigned to them at the start.

I don’t even wanna know what was going on in Seth’s set-ups ayaya

Shouldn’t huge 22+ player games be spread out more in queue.

1 Like