Queue/Submit Discussion Thread

The one with the Guilty Child was a bastard game, but we’re now talking about Surge’s rejected game with Mafia InnoChild.

This prob needs to be updated then.

nothing of what u sent is in contradiction to what i have posted

It says that Standard cannot have bastard mechanics.

AND as i have said nothing contradicts what i said. Its not a category, it conflicts with vanilla as vanilla is vanilla

This

and closed setups can be bastard

It doesn’t explicitly say that though. It says that it follows the same rules as VFM, except that it is closed, which is later defined as “classes are unknown”, with no mention to bastard. VFM rules say no bastard. Something is outdated.

why does it matter so much

just

chillax

2 Likes

Tbh game types should just be: FoL, SFoL, Other FM, Non-FM

Why do we need more?

Because there’s different types of FM separate from FoL

1 Like

I meant “Other” as different from “Misc”

because some people like certain games more

im more interested in vanilla games than i am in mashes

2 Likes

Misc isn’t FM

Just look at the OP then. Game types are clearly not helpful.

Game types are fine to me

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

i find them helpful

i can generally get an idea on if i’m likely to be interested in a game by looking at its game type

i can probably scratch off half of these before i even look at the OP

2 Likes

I think Standard games should just be considered Vanilla

Game types are also for the reviewer, so they can pick and choose which they would like to review, - or so the queue manager can say ‘hey [x] reviewer, go find a vanilla game to review’

Also, some people have strong opinions about certain gametypes.
People may not like conversion-based games such as FoL/SFoL, and will thus avoid them, whereas other people may only be interested in Vanilla games.
It allows you to look ahead at the queue and see where the next game that interests you falls.

2 Likes

I think

it honestly doesn’t matter

and can be grating to people when a mostly inconsequential system is nitpicked

and that you should probably back off a little bit because while you might think you are being helpful it can be tedious to answer to this when it doesn’t like matter.

1 Like