SFoL 61.5 - Fortress of the Dark Deity (4/16) - Complete - The Unseen, Guardian, and Senex win!

oh god oh fuck napoleon and vulgard got mindstormed

1 Like

How is posting reads regarding peoples alignments and putting out input about ideas being presented not solving? It’s contributing and generally is going towards solving the game.

I am not the only one that thinks Appel has NK equity. Most of my reads are largely gut reads and it’s hard to put them into words, but I think it’s entirely possible.

That was me admitting that I might have made my initial read with a bit of haste and got a bad result due to being tired. I can be wrong and sometimes I am. There are also times that I am a bit obsessive and go too far down a tunnel. Do you get what I mean? I was paranoid and focused on a potential cult in bastard++ and it took me a bit to calm down and get out of that paranoia, but when I did it allowed me to focus on other elements of the game.

i was specifically talking about your example, discussing whether or not an apostle should revive alice isn’t exactly solving the game

but i also must have skimmed past the “saying what i think about people” part because i was trying to reread fast while still waking up, my b

i know you’re not the only one, i was just curious if you had any reason to think it that wasn’t just a gut read

well that makes more sense

have you had any significant changes of opinion (minus appelsiini) since you’ve started focusing more on the game?

I should be in bed and will answer this tomorrow in another classic lolgorta wallpost

1 Like

i should be in bed too but sleeping’s for nerds

Completely neutral assessment at first (orange). A bit of a strange angle to approach this from, though. I don’t think it’s something a wolf would normally use to inform their read, which means it’s strange that katze points this out. If katze is a wolf, they used a very… unique thought here, which I don’t think they would have as scum.

Why do I think it’s a unique thought? Because I believe that 99% of wolves wouldn’t care about CRichard’s definition of a redcheck here. They would use something else to push him on / fabricate a read about. This shows a willingness to delve deep into CRich’s mindset at a level which doesn’t seem necessary to consider as a wolf.

Neutral assessment, meaning both alignments could write this. It’s true, though. I agree with it.

Unnecessary to mention. Not sure if alignment indicative.

I think the consideration of two worlds (CRich scum / CRich town) is a good look. It displays a willingness to accept both instead of starting with a conclusion and running through his ISO then. That would be a read based on a preconceived notion, which comes from scum far more frequently than it does from town.

I really like this whole paragraph. The thought process is pretty transparent. You could interpret this as extreme hedging, but I think katze would be far more self-aware about this as scum. You look at this post as scum and go “I take no stances here, I meander and go back and forth, I should stop and decide what the read is.” A wolf on katze’s level definitely considers this. But I don’t think the katze in this game cares about it at all. Not only is the thought process transparent, the read here also considers multiple worlds and aspects. I definitely agree with the assessment, I think it’s not easy to distinguish between town!CRichard getting angry over suspicion and scum!CRichard doing the exact same thing, especially when we don’t have any meta evidence. All we can do is consider multiple worlds, which is what katze is doing here.

I also think this paragraph happens to show how much katze cares about their read. I think that they wouldn’t care as much as a wolf, and they would probably use fewer words to talk about it instead of delving so deep. Which is why I believe there is a distinct solvey motivation here, instead of “I have to talk about this so I look like I’m productive” motivation.

They even went and looked up a game to inform their read, considered it, then actually started to lean town on CRich despite the thread consensus, but they are also uncertain… darn, there is so much about this read I like. I believe the thought process wholeheartedly.

I think I don’t need to go into any other parts of that post. The read started out neutral, but once katze got into the “meat” of it, they showed a distinctly villagery thought process with no rigid thinking whatsoever. They think something, go there, go back, evaluate, consider and flip, consider and flip. There’s no agenda whatsoever. It’s just katze doing a solving thing.

And this little snippet made me chuckle. It also suggests that katze doesn’t actually care about what this post looks like to other people. Which is consistent with the impression I get from it. They aren’t focused on making a good-looking wallpost, they are focused on trying to resolve CRich based on what they know, with 0 TMI and 0 agenda, using every tool they have available in their town arsenal. Yeah. This is near-certainly town.

2 Likes

Dammit, Anstreim’s here. I’m sorry for using colors. You can lynch me for it.

1 Like

am i allowed to say that in 1 post you’ve done more than gaja did all game or is that a given

3 Likes

And by the way, I’m uncertain about CRich as well, although I believe that the RT thing does make me put him at the bottom of the PoE because of how rigid it felt.

i mean he literally claimed scum now

I am a liar.

Didn’t Gaja 0-post?

town doesn’t lie
vulgard lie
vulgard not town
vulgard scoom

katze katze katze katze

thats the joke

1 Like

also you’re the only person who quoted that snippet which gives me the impression you’re the only person who actually read that wallpost

which is a tiny bit disheartening given i spent 2~ hours writing it when i was tired as heck

I’m having a Seth moment where I’m completely confident about my read before I’m done with what I originally planned to do. I don’t want to force myself to verbalize my thoughts about everything else katze has written, I just think they are definitely town based on this d2 read.

Well, I used it to put you above/below null, because analytical/high-effort posts are good for this.

I can tell.

1 Like

/unvote

blame him for using light theme :^)

1 Like

I think I’m going to do this more often to resolve highposters like you. Reading your entire ISOs and macroreading is nigh-impossible with the amount of time I have to play.

:b:ootcount

Votee Voted By Votes Tags
CRichard Italy, clonedcheese 2/8 Anstreim, TheBlueElixir
Appelsiini Jane, ModeShifter, Intensify 3/8 Jane, ModeShifter
an_gorta_pratai SirDerpsAlot, Arete 2/8 x
Jane x 0/8 SirDerpsAlot, Vulgard
Intensify x 0/8 CRichard564
Italy x 0/8 katze
Anstreim x 0/8 Arete
Vulgard Napoleon 1/8 x