[SFoL] SFoL 53: Looming Threat - Completed

Look at the power differential of the omega actions.

Are you people trying to tell me ONLY being able to link people THREE times is broken? Hens, I’m bloody claiming to not be able to use two abilities. We already know the limits of two other ones.

Due to forum instability the day has been extended for 2 hours. EoD now will be at 2019-10-12T07:00:00Z

1 Like

I’m back, forum was being weird.

8 AM O.o
Oh lawd.

1 Like

As soon as the forums fix themselves comment on all of the facts that I have just stated please.

Because I don’t think I’ll have the time to fully ISO both of these people before EoD, I have decided to side Kyo for five distinct reasons.

Reason 1) On second thought, this reasoning from the post of mine that I am replying to is completely backwards.
The fact of the matter is, scum!Marshal, even if he did have ability(s) similar to a real mystic, would not have known when he claimed whether or not there was a real mystic or priest. When Marshal claimed, he did not know for certain that his claim would lead to his imminent death, if scum, because at that point when he claimed, it was fully possible that there may have not been a real mystic or priest, and that even if he was scum there was a small chance he could have been able to get away with it.
The same cannot be said for Kyo. When he counterclaimed, he KNEW already that Marshal had hardclaimed Mystic. If he was the scum, he knew that we had no solid evidence of a priest existing in game. He very easily could have hidden away and not counterclaimed.

Because Kyo decisively knew that his death was imminent if he was scum when he claimed, while Marshal did not, I find the methodology behind a scum!Kyo claim when he claimed much more baffling than a scum!Marshal claim, when he claimed.

Reason 2) I do not think scum would trade 1 for 1 just to kill a mystic. Maybe if the roles were reversed, they would for a priest, but even then I question it. It’s just utterly asinine and stupid to put yourself out there with a false claim when no one knew there was a priest and mystic is not one of the most powerful BD classes.

Reason 3) The fact that an omega power named “Dies Irea” exists is just not strong enough evidence to declare that the priest claim is fake over the mystic claim, even though I brought up that phrase’s translation. We have no idea what 5 of the 6 omega powers do much less how they would relate to the standard powers of each scum class.

Reason 4) I find Marshal’s claimcurse (my name for the negative effect for claiming in this game) claim to be weaker than Kyo’s. Kyo expressed great exasperation over having some or all of his abilities disabled (I forget which) and not being able to channel now and even referenced a name for this claimcurse, an Ancient Curse. Marshal just stated that his claimcurse limited the number of links he could use to 3, and expressed noticeably less exasperation.

Reason 5) At this stage in the game, I just find a priest significantly more hurtful to lose this early than a mystic.

In conclusion,
/vote Marshal

1 Like

@Magnus

Use your mechanical influence to save me please. I’m afraid you’re my last hope if these people decide to not use their heads.

Answer why I would claim mystic knowing there’s a priest.

Just want to say that this is false – one of the pieces of info I started with is that scum knows which if either actually spawned.

1 Like

I’m not sure these people understand how trashy it feels to know you’re definitely not going to be able to do anything for two nights, then come night one I get told I still can’t do anything.
It’s not even funny. I feel absolutely useless right now unless Marshal dies and it’s SO CLOSE AND THESE PEOPLE ARE FLIPPING.

I am getting lag and gateway errors, but i’m gonna try to do my best here.

Why do you think me being alive is preventing your abilities.

I have no clue where my curse comes from, but you seem set that it comes from me.

Exactly. Mystic is completely useless, in my opinion. Especially with the night plans people do anyway. Nobody does WiFOM. Honestly, it’s not even worth killing a mystic off as scum. And that’s even disregarding my opinions on how bad the role is. And I like social roles.

I get thrown a powerful social class to start with, told I can’t do anything, now also told I’m town without the ‘confirmable’ ability to win the CC against a scum counterpart and I’m being hung. And these people don’t expect me to be mad about that restriction?

No. Not happening. If I get lynched I blame the people who lynched me.

HE JUST SLIPPED. GET THE BOY.

Marshal has spewed self-preservation and you all are ignoring it. Vulgard has completely disregarded it to sheep Arete.

Oh my god. You people.

@Teleology Because I don’t want to be ML’ed.

Executing kyodaz has kyo flip scum. No town casualties, I am a basic IC, and a scum is gone.

Executing me has me flip town. Town dead(me), but kyo spewed as scum(and we have to TK or lynch next day)

One of these is obviously more favorable. and i am doing my best to reach that.

I want explanations from every single person voting me, except Marshal. He can be lynched.
You all are going to be dying if you don’t explain why right now you are voting me apart from the reason of sheeping Arete.

How so?

1 Like

how can you kill all of them? scumbuds?

This feels like threateaning and fear-mongering. scummy

He’s just confirmed the existance of the curse.

Do you want to know what? It doesn’t even matter.
Just hang him.