Shortnight 2: Return of the POGGERS - Day 5 [6/15] - Mafoa win, Everybody (including chloe) loses

that’s a sign that if you were a wolf here, the entire scumteam could just afk and coast off your efforts
which I find extremely unlikely tbh

i kinda still want to do more

im going to go on a posting spree maybe

actually might be lazy

actually I will dig up and case the posts from Arete that I thought were weird

I’m here and to answer @Arete, I don’t think lower posters are as dangerous as potential wolves who can actually push some serious agenda. This is why I need to get the top 5 posters read, but I don’t have the motivation to do it. The could very well be wolves in the lower poster, but here’s the deal. They have almost no thread presence and won’t lead, while Marshal/Cents/Arete/Chloe being a wolf is absolutely dangerous and WILL screw over town if left unchecked.

How I convinced myself Arete is probably a wolf

Arete was quick to try to derpclear me for realizing that there would normally be 4 wolves in a 15p game. This isn’t the first derpclear they’ve tried to give someone a little too fast and for not very well grounded reasons imo (the other one I remember being Gorta for not reading the EoD vote count).

So I pointed it out to Arete and the response I got was pretty underwhelming, like they just immediately rescinded the derpclear.

When I countered it by saying they shouldn’t derpclear me so easily because I did go the whole game up until that point thinking there were 3 wolves (because, duh, I had skimmed the OP when I replaced in but I only forgot the specific reason why I assumed there were 3), Arete said there’s a chance I could’ve just made it up, implying it was somehow performative rather than a derpclear. Which, yes, is something I encouraged by saying it shouldn’t be a derpclear, but also they went a little too fast from “Wind is derpcleared” to “Wind is wolfy”.

I don’t know how the Marshal/Chloe thing comes across as TMI; I actually don’t know what about it specifically could be seen as TMI and I’d like more of an explanation on it. All I said was that essentially I think Marshal flips wolf regardless of Chloe’s alignment, but Chloe could flip either way. Marshal’s flip never clears Chloe, and Chloe’s flip doesn’t clear Marshal, but I would personally want to vote out the player I think is wolfier first (because I consistently didn’t do that in the JoAT game except for D1 and that was two huge mistakes I made in my townplay). We never leave Marshal or Chloe to LyLo, anyway, because it’s pretty objectively not a good idea.

Also, I don’t think people have been slapping townreads on me. I’m still in the PoE of at least half the players. Only Chloe has TR’d me afaik, so idk where Arete’s getting this idea that I seem to be consensus TR’d.

Their case on me builds off the idea that I already knew the exact reason Marl was nightkilled, which comes across as strange to me because I see no reason why I couldn’t make a guess as town and also feel at least somewhat confident my theory is not a shot in the dark. Arete says I’ve given Marl’s death as a reason to townread Chloe, when Chloe is still sitting in my PoE and definitely not what I’d call a townread (the only thing I’ve said is that Marshal is below Chloe in my readlist, which I still stand by).

I honestly don’t know if what I said about the night kill got misconstrued and that other people thought that I specifically meant that Chloe is town. That was never the intention; I just meant, as I explained earlier, that probably the wolfteam is not exactly Arete/Chloe because it would be a better wolf move to discredit Marl and let him live as opposed to straight-out killing him because he had deadly accuracy. I could be wrong, though, but that’s just what I personally think is a better wolf play. Why people decided to jump off the Chloe wagon hopefully has nothing to do with what I said about Marl’s reads; you should all be making your own decisions and not just sheeping what I say. I’ve never been the ringleader in this game, anyway, so I kind of doubt this was even an issue.

Arete then pulls the following quote from me:

My response:

So here Arete cases me as wolfy because my actions don’t line up with what I’ve been saying, and I’m not sure if it’s just a case of town misinterpreting me but it feels more like a wolf grasping for ways to twist what I’ve said into potential scumtells for the sake of pushing me.

I just think Arete’s overall case on me is actually not that strong and has a lot of holes in it that can only be chalked up to 1. opportunistic wolf or 2. misinterpretation because lol town can’t read, but Arete’s smarter than that and I think this is just plain wolfy at this point.

I gave this a lot of thought in the past hour or two so I figured I’d post this while my head is clear and I think my logic is pretty sound. I also know there is at least one person who will jump on me for this post and say “it’s a lot of information with no actual content” but you know what, I don’t really care because it’s actually not AI for me. And here I am giving an actual conclusion that I think Arete is a wolf. This is not an OMGUS. I have a tendency to read people back when they scumread me, and for the most part it ends up being townreads (which have so far turned out correct). If I actually scumread someone for scumreading me, it’s because I feel there are serious flaws in their arguments, as I’ve pointed out here. I will absolutely listen to counterpoints to everything I’ve said, and I will still consider that a world exists in which Arete is town, but this interaction with them did not convince me of it. They were sitting closer to my nullreads before, and now I kind of want to drop them farther down than Chloe.

tl;dr - the summary title says it all. don’t bother reading if you don’t like words.

Based on my initial read of the thread I don’t think Cents is a wolf, Marshal is acting really strange and I mean really strange, and I don’t like the way Chloe and Arete treated each other on d1. This is all based on d1 surface reads, but Arete reminds me of their JoJo play and Chloe doesn’t remind me of her JoJo play.

hello I did a thing and made a wallpost, gonna leave now and be back later to answer questions.

I literally think the team is Chloe/Arete/Leafia (or maybe Marshal)

I saw it

my only hesitation on Marshal is that I don’t know how to read him and he is usually somewhat weird

I’m starting to think I’m totally wrong and that Marl, Gorta, and whoever else said Chloe/Arete is a thing could be right.
weh

actually I want to go back and see who was pushing FK besides me.

also windward, I was having similar feelings about Arete clearing me on just not reading up because I could have been just not said anything if I was a wolf, faking things isn’t a stranger to me. Heck, I fake claimed a role I had no experience with in jail in SFoL 64 and had no help faking the claim.

It doesn’t help that I am paranoid of people clearing me off of weak reasoning. In an off-site game I once caught a wolf I had no experience with based on how they handled my slot.

I think I saw Night/Trochi and Chloe on FK in previous VCs, not sure if I missed anyone else.

this is how I caught Marl in the JoAT game lol

the one thing about Marshal and Chloe being scum together that’s weird is counterwagoning each other. When does scum counterwagon itself with another scum? That’s just weird imo.

and to add to that, before I went to sleep last night I mentioned several times I thought Marshal and Chloe could be a scumteam, but looking at today’s wagons is making me do a big rethink.

ToS2049 or whatever, in that game the whole team bussed the crap out of each other. The prominent ones were me,Marshal, and Cents playing here