Umineko FM - Game Over - Mafia Wins

Final Vote Count

Accused Voters Number
Arete Solic, SirDerpsAlot, Wazza, PokemonKidRyan, Santa, EliThePsycho 6/10
EliThePsycho Conduit, sulit, Cattail, Hippoyeetus, Arete, Strawberry_Shortcake 6/10
Solic Rue, Centuries 2/10
PokemonKidRyan BillNyeTheScienceGuy, orangeandblack5 2/10
Strawberry_Shortcake ErikaFurudo 1/10
Not voting an_gorta_pratai, The Occult 2

if mistakes, I’ll give 5 minutes to tell me in DM.

@Arete was eliminated. They were:

1 Like

Night 1 begins and will end 2020-10-03T17:00:00Z

Deadline for night actions is 1 hour before SoD.

1 Like

Actions are locked.

Reminder that day doesn’t start until I say it started.

1 Like

A mysterious letter has appeared.

Its contents are as follows:

Reads

Ok so PK told me to make reads in my post so me thinks that’s what ill do. Spent a hour-ish pulling this together.

• Conduit | Newbtown 1000, bursting with reads like a new player. Also was cursed by the very town-y Occult. (This is sarcasm)
  • Wazza | Claims self resolving.
  • Derps | Claim self resolving.
  • Santa | N0 Townread on him by Cattail. Guess I should trust him unless otherwise?
  • Cattail | Claims the N0 townread on Santa. Don’t what investigative they would be but……

Townlean

• PK | Has something to do with the gold, and from what I’ve heard from others, this PK is how town PK operates.
  • Bill Nye | Posts seem they come from a genuine town heart for the most part.
  • Strawberry? | Most of their posts are formatted in a helpful way like Bill’s posts, except shorter in quantity. Still not sure about this read.

Null

• Erika | I am very inclined to put this in scum lean, just for the fact that most of their posts don’t have much, substance. They TRed me (:grin:) which is really all they have done on reads. I might put this lower if stakes get higher. (e.g my scum reads die :smile:)
  • Orange | Think ill sit down and iso them tomorrow, 456 posts is kinda :weary:.
  • PKR | No read on him lol. Kinda acted weird in the Arete wagon by suddenly siding against Wazza to then voting with him. At least, this is what it looks like from a quick glance. Really depends on Wazza self resolving.
  • Rue | Also very inclined to put on scum lean, very similar to Erika’s reasons.
  • Solic | I should stop shoveling people into null but meh. Their posts are more useful and better built than other nulls. Skiming through this ISO is actually harder than I thought.

Scumlean

• Gorta | Probably moving this in the near future, but a lot of their posts are just quote war fields and idk how I feel about that.
  • Hippo | Not very useful posts. The posts on yesterdays wagon were better than most of his, though,

Scumread

• The Occult | Yes guys this is town, cursing people is DEFINITELY very town-y and very positive when it happens to consensus town. Yes.
2 Likes

@Solic has been killed. He was:

@sulit has been killed.

With sulit’s death, the life of @orangeandblack5 also ends.

They were:

2 Likes

Day 2 has started and will end at 2020-10-05T17:00:00Z or when hammer is reached.

@an_gorta_pratai
@BillNyeTheScienceGuy
@Cattail
@Centuries
@Conduit
@EliThePsycho
@ErikaFurudo

Well fuck

@Hippolytus
@PokemonKidRyan
@Rue
@Santa
@SirDerpsAlot
@Strawberry_Shortcake
@Wazza

Who the fuck occupied me?

Not dealing with this shit.

My use of revive is gone. That’s how I was an IC, I was gonna fucking revive Arete.

I finished 2/3 of the ISOs, I’ve been grinding them since yesterday and the hours before EoD, I literally did not have time to do the rest of them, but I think it’s still a pretty solid basis so far!

If you got a ping, it’s in your dropdown and it means I have a question for you. I don’t expect people to read all of these, but I think if you can read them you should, each one would only be about 2 pages of a double-spaced essay so it probably isn’t that hard!

Solic

Solic’s early tone is super awkward, IMO! I’m trying to read this with an unbiased perspective, so i’m not going to put in as much stock on the pushes of Santa / Myself, but there were a few things in particular I wanted to focus on!

I want to set out a basis that these posts were, in fact, just really bad!

All of these are, like, wtf? This hyper self-aware scumclaiming is an outright bad look. I’ve never seen him do something like this before, but here it’s super apparent. Santa brought this up, even, comparing a past game tonally

and he responded with this!

It’s a direct diversion from what she was saying!

He explains it later with this, but I still don’t… buy it!

I have almost never seen this be true without some form of… “softing” the gambit, but that’s not even what I’m focused on.

What I care about is that he gives no actual results for his gambit, he just says he was doing that and never really touches on it again. If he truly was attempting to make himself look intentionally wolfy for the point of solving alignments, would he not be, like keeping up with responses and have results?. There’s no results gained from this, he says nothing about his thoughts on reactions, only uses it as an excuse, not a tool.

The only other thing I think that’s noteworthy in this ISO is him not really addressing my hard clear of Santa besides asking me to make 100% sure of it! He was very confidently wolf-reading that slot (unless that was fake too???) and I’d imagine that shakes things up, somewhat. He kind of just accepts it and goes to townreading myself and her later down the line.

I don’t like this through and through. @Solic what I need most from you to clear up certain confusions is.

1. What did you actually accomplish with your purposefully-scummy gambit?
  2. Why didn’t you provide results in the first place?
PokemonKidRyan

PKR is, well, PKR. I have to keep this in mind for my read. This mostly means I will be ignoring his neutral read on Seth-slot, even if it gives me bad vibes, because I think that itself is distinctly in his town range.

There were a few things that I noticed.

Slight townpoints in all honesty to PKR thinking he can just spoiler things that borderline the rules and it’s all okay, it’s not that he makes a “dirty” read per se, it’s that he feels the need to hide it in some way, makes me think the reasoning itself is likelier legit!

PKR himself is… kind of a tough read for me. I liked his earlier “you are not mis-executing” me but I haven’t felt a large amount of conviction otherwies so I’m no longer townreading that statement!

I do not like his EoD in the slightest. He goes straight from hard rolefishing Wazza to constantly repeating they should be trusted and for Arete to die.

I don’t trust the flip becuase it comes with no progression and the only given explination is “Wazza wouldn’t do this as scum” which isn’t elaborated on further later on. I suspect ulterior motives, honestly! He just keeps on pushing the “follow wazza” narrative, it’s like he’s entirely dodging responsibility for the execution yet he himself is pushing it to the ground.

This post is already useless ("Support do your stuff, Social I don’t know, Prince choose wisely???) and it entirely leaves out my night zero check!!! Like, it’s an actively harmful post. Orange pointed it out too, he disregarded my check in an otherwise useless post, I don’t like this in the slightest!

One last thing I wanted to note on -

His reactions to EoD pushes is oddly inconsistent as well. He shades bill for voting him and says sulit is wrong. This feels like nearly blatant TMI, honestly.

Basically I think PKR had an okay start and a really, really bad EoD. PKR / sulit is almost never w/w from PKR’s reaction to her vote, for the record.

ErikaFurudo

Erika has been… I’m not even sure? I noticed a distinct higher scumread % than townreads, at least early!

The reasoning is fairly bare in this one, I see a few reads thrown out there but the reasoning behind them seems thin.

I feel like, if Erika is w, this is just outright TMI that Centuries is town, so this post makes me think not w/w with Centuries, at least!

Behaviour relating to conduit strikes me as kind of pocketing, in all honesty! Like, I’m having trouble explaining this past “bad vibes”, but the weird mech speculation in hand with subtly insinuating conduit is on their team feels handled in a way that is trying to get conduit to think they are v/v.

I honestly am kind of confused reading this, Erika is fairly scattered playstyle-wise, from what I can peice together I don’t really like this slot but I want to talk with them more to try to figure out their headspace!

@ErikaFurudo can you give your top 3 mafia and your top 3 town, and why!?

Hippolytus

Hippo was basically only active for the 8 hours before EoD, which is really more just something to note because thread itself was never relaxed and that potentially warps his own posts.

On a macro / tonal level I think hippo is probably town, he is, honest to god, just funnier as town. He’s way more relaxed in-thread and will drop a lot of casual jokes, and I think that fits here more. Him melding joking / reads together in such a way seems really natural and I’m pretty sure it’s just town!hippo!

There were a few quotes that stuck out to me, specifically these,

They all give me the slight feeling of TWTBAW in the way that they are “keeping it real” and specifically not trying to appease Wazza who, if town, is confirmed tommorow.

Like actively slightly ticking him off and outright doubting his claim makes little sense if… Wazza actually is an IC? I see no reason to go out of your way to fake reasoning on why you think wazza is fake if you are a wolf with TMI that it is in fact not fake.

I have things I really want to say about the EoD vote but I am holding off to ask (@Hippolytus) first what his mindset going through that was!

Rue

At the start rue has been… very question-heavy. I don’t really think this observation in particular is AI, in all honesty. I have a fairly tentative town read on them only for the slight air of incredulousness when asking certain questions. It’s a “Do I really have to be asking this?” which makes me think that it’s unlikely these questions were made for the point of looking productive because they have an emotional tone behind them

This general trend has continued past the posts I quoted (I wrote this earlier and am using it now because it still accurately represents my thoughts!) but I want to look deeper primarily at the EoD.

And… yeah, I can’t say I’m really a fan! It’s like, she is still asking questions and solving at EoD when that should be the time to translate the result of questioning into pushes.

I’m not a fan of the EoD, it feels like she didn’t even realize it was EoD and the day just ended and the upcoming day end had no effect on her flow.

It’s… weird, and I want an explanation from (@rue).

I still don’t dislike it as much as shortcake because Strawberry_Shortcake was more actively talking about the towniness of Arete but not acting on it where as this is just strange.

But it gives me a bad feeling and enough to kind of cancel out my original tr of how they questioned people.

This read will probably depend on Rue’s explination but it’s no higher than null at the moment!

Conduit

Conduit had a pretty darn strong start!

My honest biggest takeaway is that I townlean the santa read, I feel like newbwolves would have high self-awareness when doing a structured post such as this one, but, like, he’s clearly putting the joking over actually looking good which is a decent look in my eyes!

I don’t have much more thoughts besides that the hyperposting opener itself was super townie because it’s the exact opposite of frozen and it’s much easier for new players to go in and contribute with no previous skills rather than new players have to fake all of their reads and interactions.

I don’t think that Conduit should be townread for being cursed specifically, that’s a closed mechanic we know nothing about, but I think the reaction is kind of townie because there’s a diminishing paranoia surrounding it!

I don’t really have much else to say, the drop in activity later means i’m not giving this “lock newbtown” status but I think that this is in all likelihood just a town member!

Strawberry_Shortcake

I am going to preface this ISO by saying that for every cat-girl posted, I’m taking off one townpoint. Cats and Anime Girls are both really amazing things that we have been blessed with, but combining the two is unholy and morally wrong!

(I’m joking of course, well not about catgirls being sickening but about losing townponts. Let’s iso, shall we?!)

There really wasn’t much from the early ISO that pinged me so I’ve decided I’m going to focus on the EoD instead.

I don’t like this handling of Arete slot. They stated a social townread of Arete without much progression, which is already not a great look, but I don’t think their motivations line up with their read!

Like, they just stated that Arete was social town without much reasoning and then made no attempt to save them when it came down to things! They voted Erika but never told people to get off arete, only directly addressed wazza!

Feels wolfy to talk so much about how arete was socially obvious town but not really make any social attempt to save them.

This is… a good vote with that in mind but I still strongly object to how they handled Arete’s slot and it feels really cred-grabby.

an_gorta_pratai

I think that this post is >rand v. I’ve noticed that many low-mid L2 players (which I would describe this player as) will parrot things said commonly by “leader” forces or people they respect in general as villager as they associate it with good play. Wolves are usually aware enough that they won’t get credit from this type of thing and usually don’t care to do it past a certain point but the specific way it tonally mirrors some things i’ve said makes me think that it’s an immitation thing.

again it’s this slight tonal parroting of things like “>rand W” makes me think he is consciously or subconsciously imitating players he respects game-wise to improve his own game.

I also think the slight offense at my read is mildly villagery, wolves would probably accept villa-reads for whatever reasons but town will often not put their feelings aside for townreads as villagers here usually care less about townreads than how the reads make them feel!

Not a huge fan of the “openwolf” thing in relation to centuries, I feel like by now he should know that a lot of that stuff is NAI and it feels like a soft shade.

I also just
Don’t like this post in general
I honestly can’t explain it it just makes me feel icky! I think it’s the confidence in a read that, iirc, hadn’t really been pre-established?

On a greater level I think he’s tonally probably just town, a lot of the way he handles things with an assured credence in his own reads and abilities that I don’t think he can that easily fake as wolf. I have a few reservations, a few things give me burying vibes but otherwise I think this is probably just town!

BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy:

On a macro level I think the way they are communicating concepts through their gimmick is town-AI because it’s an extra hoop to jump through for wolves (faking reads and questions and gimmicking them).

I thought their attempt to help conduit explain reads was good for the lack of performance surrounding it.

It was thrown out there in the middle of a post rather than sending a big shiny flag saying “hey! look! I’m helping this player!”

His communication of the orange read specifically gave me idea that he had ISO’d orange.

I have this feeling too, but the way it’s stated gives the specific vibe of reading a catalogue of them as it mentions it being like a book (AKA the ISO) vs just a fluff-posting read, but is done subtly in a way that doesn’t immediately scream “I ISOd somebody!!!”

I lightly townread the passive-agressiveness in this point, I don’t think it’s w/w with orange and it is communicating a genuine annoyance at being pushed for that reason.

EoD wasn’t that notable, the votes communicate a general unease with wagons but I don’t see that directly communicated. I feel like he probably would have voted solic with what he said earlier! @BillNyeTheScienceGuy do you mind explaining your headspace this EoD?

tthis game is not going to go well
first of all it has a neutral killer (group?)
second of all JoaT dead
third of all NK hunter dead

Fuck NKs

I share a private chat with anyone I revive. That’s why they were the best target for me.

Solic wouldn’t have helped if I revived him along with being mechanically important and as for Eli, they simply just wouldn’t have helped at all.

Well Wazza is not confirmed and I absolutely don’t believe a roleblock claim.

If someone did they should… defintiely claim it!

Wowee, scum roleblocker doesn’t exist?

This is a bad post.

Fuck this shit though man.

Two town died, we have a clear NK.

Scum probs only have 4 people with a 1 NK thing.

I don’t think they would do it as we had already said for watchers / empowers to be on you.