[VFM] SFoL -1: Hall of the Incendiary - Night 6 - Cult wins!

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Final Votecount

Vote Target Voted by Votes
SirDerpsAlot Leafia, Benjamin_Shapiro 2/6
Leafia PokemonKidRyan, ATNoName 2/6
Benjamin_Shapiro Light, ScaledSlinky, SirDerpsAlot, demoknighttf2 4/6
Not Voting sulit, Shrek_Gurl_12 2

Everyone has 5 minutes to PM me with corrections

Inquisitor Marshal glanced at Inquisitor Arete. “It’s their last chance today,” he said. “If they make a mistake here, they’ll never manage to stop Ignus from overpowering the castle. Do you think they’ll manage it?”

Inquisitor Arete shook their head. “I don’t think so,” they said. “I just wish there was something more I could do to save them. But nothing I’ve tried has worked.” They glanced in the direction of the group of the castle’s residents that they’d warned. The group was laughing together on a balcony above the throne room, as if they didn’t realize how serious the situation was.

Meanwhile, the remaining members of the court – all ten of them who still lived – gathered together to discuss the situation. Still, after so many days of failure, their discussion was quiet and subdued. Few of them bothered to speak up more than a few times.

At last, they settled on Benjamin Shapiro as their target. The case against them was quiet at first, a whisper from Light about how he’d seen them with GGhana. Yet finding themselves with little else to rely on, another resident turned to stand next to Light, and then another, until finally four of them were standing together, linking their hands in solidarity.

Ben turned to SirDerpsAlot, grabbing his wrists. “Please, Derps,” they said. “You have to see that I’m innocent – please, you know it’s not me–”

Derps turned away wordlessly.

“How should we dispose of them?” asked ScaledSlinky.

“What if we burn them at the stake?” suggested Light. “A fitting end for a heretic, don’t you think?”

“I agree with that,” said demoknight.

The residents of Adiart assembled a pile of wood beneath a wooden stake. They bound Benjamin Shapiro to the stake with coarse ropes. As they began to light the flames of the pyre, Benjamin could barely muster the strength to look up and meet their eyes.

As Benjamin took their last breath before the flames consumed them, the ground began to shake. Although there were still a few hours before nightfall, the sky turned pitch black, without even the light of the stars to guide them. Then, in the darkness, a blazing comet streaked across the sky, illuminating it with fire.

“To think, that the sacrifice that has enabled the return of our god was willingly agreed to by the residents of Adiart themself,” said Light, laughing. He extended a hand to demoknight. “And now, we shall show the residents of this castle that they were wrong to reject our god!”

Benjamin Shapiro has been executed. They were:

The Maid

You have no abilities except your voice and your vote. Put them to good use!
You win when all of the Cult are dead.

Night 6 begins and will end shortly.

As Light took demoknight’s hands, the two of them felt a surge of power rush through their body as Ignus granted them his blessing. They fought to contain it, directing it into the sacrifices they had prepared over the course of the previous days, careful rituals crated to lure the rest of the residents into a false sense of security.

sulit was the first to be claimed by the fires of Ignus, the priest of the old gods of Adiart. As flames began to consume her flesh, she continued to murmur prayers to her god, begging them to save her flock from Ignus’s fires – but in vain, for whether they could not hear or chose to ignore her they did not intercede.

ScaledSlinky was the next to be taken, as she tried in vain to loose bolts from her crossbow in order to interrupt the ritual. Yet it was in vain, for the moment that her bolts begin to take flight they shattered into useless sparks. As she fired a third bolt, her hands began to burn, and the fire spread with unnatural speed to the rest of her body, until that all that remained of the hunter was the wolf companion she had kept by her side.

PokemonKidRyan was next, caught in a blaze as he tried to tear open the fabric of reality to flee into a dimension of his own creation. The chronomancer barely managed to close the dimensional divide in time to avoid channeling fires into it; certainly he could not save himself. He tried, in vain, to rewind time, but even at the furthest limits of his ability to alter the past he could not cut the curse of Ignus away from his body.

ATNoName drew his sword as he saw PKR fall, charging at Light and demoknight. He had trained his whole life to sacrifice his life for others, and now he finally saw his chance. He might die, yes, but to die striking down a cult was a fate he was willing to accept. Yet as he ran towards Light and demoknight, the path in front of him was replaced with a wall of fire that stretched as far as he could see, and as he ran through it he disappeared into ashes.

Leafia was the next to perish, trying desperately to find a way to shatter the curse of Mithras with pure force. She, alone of all the court, was familiar with the techniques necessary to prime a target for a future kill; though she was known for her archery, one of her more secret skills was the ability to mark a target for death, in order to unfailingly strike them with her arrows. Yet for all she knew of placing such marks, she could not find out how to undo them, and in the end the fires claimed her too.

Shrek was the last to be swallowed up by the blaze. He had given up on trying to fight against the Cult, instead choosing to submit to the flames, accepting the dominion of Ignus. As he was swallowed up by the flames, he clung to an old locket, given to him by his father before he entered service in the castle as a Butler. He wondered whether his father would manage to escape the wrath of Ignus.

As the fire-punctuated darkness gave way into light, only SirDerpsAlot was left, staring at Light and demoknight with eyes that seemed to burn with a fury nearly as hot as the fires that had claimed the lives of their friends.

One of the castle’s geneologists pointed a finger at him, smirking. “I can’t believe you didn’t realize how obvious it was that Light and demoknighttf2 were the cultists!” they said. The group of people that the Inquisitors had warned all burst into laughter.

Derps drew his gem-encrusted dagger. “You mean to tell me that you knew who the traitors were, and never told us? Was our suffering just some kind of spectacle to you?”

“Why would we tell you, when we could watch you struggle and fail?” said the geneologist. “It’s so much more interesting this way.”

Derps gestured at the embers around him. “Six people are dead because of you,” he said. “More, if you count the innocents we executed. How can you stand here laughing?”

“Because you’re so bad at figuring out who the cultists were!” said the geneologist.

“It’s easy to say that, when you didn’t have to struggle to watch your friends fall around you!” said Derps. “You don’t understand the struggle we’ve – I’ve – gone through in the past few weeks.”

Their discussion was interrupted by Light’s cold laughter. “Did you really think that you were safe, as you watched us from your balconies, trading bets and laughter with one another?” he asked.

Demoknight crossed his arms in front of his chest, then pulled them apart. As he did so, the spectators felt their hearts begin to burn, as they were consumed from flame from the inside out. They blazed with white hot flame, as demoknight and Light called fires in concert with one another.

“The fires of Ignus consume all,” said Demoknight. “Bystanders are but fuel for his conquest, and with every life he consumes, his strength grows.”

At last, Demoknight and Light turned to Derps. “You are the last member of the resistance against Ignus,” said Light. “Once you have been consumed, Ignus will be truly unstoppable. Your life-force is the last sacrifice we need to render him inevitable.”

Derps swallowed, lowering a golden goblet from his lips. “You will not have my life as a sacrifice,” he said. “I may die, yes, but I will not be consumed by your fires. Or did you think that the rumors of Butlers feeding Nightshade-tainted wine to Kings were mere rumors? I may be of noble blood, but my spies in the court hear everything.”

Derps collapsed on the ground, convulsing. Light and demoknight tried to call down a blaze to sacrifice him, but by the time they managed it, he had perished. Still, though he had managed to prevent Ignus from taking his strength for his own, Light and demoknight nevertheless found themselves smiling. With his death, the last resistance to them in Adiart had died as well.

4 Likes

sulit has been ignited. She was:

The Priest

ScaledSlinky has been ignited. They were:

The Hunter

PKR has been ignited. He was:

The Chronomancer

ATNoName has been ignited. He was:

The Knight

Leafia has been ignited. She was:

The Archer

Shrek has been ignited. He was:

The Butler

The Cult (Light, demoknighttf2, and GGhana) has won!

I’m gonna collapse now is that okay I’m very unwell

GG Ligjt and Demo, I was absolutely awful and thanks for humbling me.

I made a funny meme for this. However, this game was so… disappointing I don’t even find myself willing to post it.

I DID THE THING

I LINKED THE TOWN PLAY THREAD AFTER TOWN LOST

I AM HELPING

joy_cat

SHOUTOUT TO @Chloe SHE SNIFFED EVERY WOLF DAY -1

3 Likes

DEMOKNIGHT TF2 REIGNS SUPREME
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2
DEMOKNIGHT TF2

1 Like

hahahahaha

I go cry now bye

Congratulations

welp fuck.

Light has finally snapped their losing streak. :PogChamp:

2 Likes

hey slinky
please tell me you aren’t an alt
i really enjoyed playing with u

Modrant:

arete did all the work I sorta barely followed im sorry I liked the flavor and it was fun to read spec chat sometimes

1 Like