[VFM] Town vs Bandits - Day 5 (4/13) - Bandits Win!

most of the time I see wolves NK someone who just replace in, it’s because they want to shut that person up and not make them re eval gamestate

had this happen to me a couple of games where I replaced in at night, wolves realized that i was a competent villager that could turn the tide and then they instantly killed me

but you’ve… barely posted in one-liners this game at all? you were at a similar spot to me d1 where you just had big catchup posts (i feel) so i’m not exactly sure how the thought of you potentially hitting postcount entered your mind

like as soon as I wrote up my first big posts I knew that I was never hitting postcount - though, I am not generally a spamposter so idk

what is your read on me /right now/? i’ve been confused with how you’re treating me this game because it’s felt completely different from any other game we’ve played up until this point

where are you at? like can you give me a general summation of your reads?

maybe just ask him again today? easier to assume that he missed it as opposed to maliciously avoiding the question

@Alice are you not concerned at all that Vulgard flipped v, and that you’re also saying Emilia looks good today? it’s like you’re literally just going after whoever’s left in your PoE and it boils down to pushing on me.

@Arctic take a step back and ignore will for a moment.

where are you at today? if will is a wolf, then who are his buddies? what are your thoughts on eod since you didn’t make it?

This shit’s literally why I’m re-evaluating all slots overnight.

Emilia looks kinda better and you look worse as that’s why I ended my EoD on her but started the day voting you.

guess that makes sense
i feel like i’ve mostly only seen replacements die immediately when they’re generally capable of townclearing themselves upon thread entrance, and katze is… not one of those.

yeah but that’s my point, I literally thought I should avoid posting one-liners in this game and just compress everything into larger posts, but it was actually really shitty because I just resorted to liking posts and not responding to them
I’m pretty sure I can handle myself today on the post limit so it’s not really a concern anymore
I’m just usually a spamposter and my D1 ISO often goes into the 500s or so and i wanted to avoid capping.

yeah i’ll give my current reads in a bit
you’re in a weird grey area because the cautiousness you’ve been exhibiting in the thread is something i expect from your wolfgame. it’s like you don’t really want to tread on anyone’s feet, and you still want a way back out of your reads.
I’m just trying to back off and give you space to interact with me today so i don’t confbias myself on you like I did almost immediately in Ciconia lol, I wolfread you there but I was wrong.

yeah if i catch him in the thread and nobody else has asked, i will probably ask again

Arctic, just stop it.

You/GGhana are wasting your posts over no damn reason.

ok but all i’ve seen was that you thought Emilia looked better for her SoD today (which I actually kinda agree on) but I look worse for…? doing what? I hadn’t even posted today by the time you placed a vote on me.

i think my inner poe is like at, leafia, arctic, gghana.

maybe eli since i don’t think a team with wolf eli kills the chloe slot unless they were exactly afraid of katze

marl i still think is likely v but he was really egging me on about vulgard yesterday which is making me paranoid

also paranoid about spf since like. i know they were around for most of yesterday and asked some very good, thought-provoking, nuanced questions, but i feel like they were very intentionally playing curt yesterday, and i don’t exactly know what that means for her alignment. top of my list to reread today

gonna try to sort out windward today - she’s been playing completely differently in most of the games i’ve been with her but idk if that means that she’s just compressed for time or she is a wolf. i don’t get her progression on me

i know this post is hedgy as all get out but vulg’s v flip kinda shattered most of the confidence I had in this game, and i’m afraid we’re dealing with some elite wolf rand or something

why the heck is this your poe?

why would a wolfteam with eli on it be afraid of katze specifically?

Your EoD was horrible and felt like you had no conviction over your reads, and that’s kinda why I voted you.

Also Emilia and you have different wolfranges. It’s why I’m basically clearing Leafia for not TMI’ing the entire solve by mid-d1 while I’m not doing the same to SPF.

my house

i don’t think there’s really anyone unlikely to be a wolf with him except like eli because at eod i noticed eli kept telling wind to leave and go do real life stuff when wind was saying she wanted to sheep one of her townreads to place a vote before leaving, and i think i’m her main townread and i was voting willtaylor, so this doesn’t really make sense if willtaylor and eli are both mafia since willtaylor could have still gone over. idk what to make of his emilia read, at first i thought it looked unaligned but then i thought it could be TMI/bussing because the reasons were bad and emilia’s attempt to engage with the push was pretty lackluster, kind of like she didn’t really care that it was happening

i don’t have the time to post much right now, so i’ll catch up later this evening when i get the chance. i just wanted to pop in to say that based on the posts i’ve read so far today, i really feel like people are speaking over each other instead of at each other. i really hope the communication in this game gets better, both for the sake of winning and for the sake of making this game more readable lol

the vulgard flip switched my reads around a little bit, but most of it is speculative. i’ll elaborate later

1 Like

No, why?

im guessing you meant towncore but you still get an Outstanding Move from me

1 Like

how is my cautiousness something you expect from my wolf game? I’m always consistently unsure of myself because I don’t want to be wrong.

even in ciconia I was pretty unsure if pigeon was gonna flip wolf, and my strongest wolfread at eod2, rue, was town (i projected confidence but it very quickly fell to the wayside when I realized that rue might have been villaging and that no one was really listening to me). i vigged wazza in that game who i thought was town. etc

i mean, strongest townreads. mixed up my language there

I don’t know. I’ve never played with katze, I’ve only ever watched them wolf in the FAM game. They really praised my process in Ciconia which made me feel good, despite me not playing that well in that game

Nope, I picked it up from reading the messages in this thread

I mean I literally said that

fuck i posted that too soon

why is it you’re afraid of an “elite wolf rand” but you’re just kinda idk, shading everyone? at least that’s what it looks like to me because you plopped a bunch of people in your poe that i think are probably town and you don’t seem to have made up your mind on me, whereas in ciconia you had a more solid read even though you voiced paranoia. it just looks like you’re filling your reads with paranoia and it looks a bit fake.

I don’t know why you expect me to have any sort of conviction in my reads when I haven’t read most of the thread and was getting yelled at for about half an hour at dinner while trying to draft a quick legacy post while everyone else was trying to steal my phone from me
there was literally nothing i could do about it and it’s actually wolfy that you’re pushing me for it.

and yes, I know my wolfrange is completely different from emilia’s. i never said i expected you to read us on the same metric but i don’t see why you’d expect me to post immediately at SoD if I wasn’t in the thread for a couple minutes.

oops ok
ignore what i said about that then