Wild West Informed Spectator Chat

Add in SFoL62 and FoL29.

champs wolfsidedness overrides the townsidedness

it is just, like mathematically more townsided than not

honestly it’s less that JoaT^2 is intrinsically townsided and more than JoaT^2 becomes super townsided once 2/3 wolves are dead, if there are any JoaTs left

most of the time the JoaTs basically function as named townies

(…obviously there are, uh, notable exceptions to this :eyes::eyes::eyes:)

Tbh town doesn’t absolutely suck in my setups. So maybe the fact that I’ll be hosting means that BASTARD SWORD - Alice’s Super Ultra Mega Nonsensical Bastard Game whose Mechanics and Flavor make no Sense Whatsoever but for Some Fucking Reason Alice wants this Game to be a Balanced Singleball Game with no Conversions. She is Probably High as a Kite but Fuck it, what could Possibly go Wrong so May as Well Join. Plus it’s not Like You’re Using Your Time Productively so in and Play, or in and Slank and when you Get Pushed Just Self-Vote and AtE II: Electric Boogaloo - the Return of the Mafia - the Jester Strikes Back, Much to Icibalus’ Chagrin may end up being a town mash win on this site.

This has mythical status at this point.

3 Likes

the serial killer :upside_down_face:

i mean

“town doesn’t have a vig” is my definition of forcing town cohesion

This exists, tho.

Also OWFM would have been a town win if a villager didn’t get themselves MK’d at LyLo.

SFoL53 was… a very special game that I’d rather not talk about.

I mean, I do remember that, but enough time have passed for these to be a distant memory of better times.

none of us want to
we’re pretending it never happened
right, marshal?

1 Like
in which Arete refuses to shut up about Champs

When I look at SF3, the biggest things contributing to the town win there weren’t even ‘everyone is a good player and therefore has good reads’ – like, yes, obviously that’s a factor in the victory, but if several hours of Isoing told me anything it’s that plenty of people spent the first third of the game lockclearing SK for no clear reason

the biggest factor was every single villager (a) trying their best and (b) being really obviously town, like, on the last day of the game I was looking at all the people left alive and – apart from the wolf – everyone was such a shining beacon of towniness that it was hard to imagine the last wolf being anyone but the person they actually were, with one possible exception that was still pretty freaking townie’

1 Like

Only 1.5 years, feels like a lot though.

run it again or looser

no changes

do it

1 Like

I’m reading Leafia’s ISO in JoaT^2.

Why…

1 Like

Shouldn’t be surprising after this game.

read callmeio’s

they were a pretty up-and-coming newbie player and they seemed to actually have some good game sense

Were they an alt?

No, completely new player