“Did you take diaries from anyone else?”

“Um…Why would I take someone else’s diary?”

“I don’t know. Why are you stealing diaries and moving them around?”
I have no proof he did it.

But I have no proof he didn’t do it.

Magnus reached forward and grabbed Hunter’s forearm. “Come on, suspect.”

“Uh… Hold on. We can wait until Ferris and Majita come back.”
Elise declares.
She also seemed to have realised something was amiss.

“Wait, for what?”

Matija fires two more shots and checks if they have any bullets left

“That was a close one. Thanks Fie.” Faustus moves out of her arms, and tries to locate a sturdy point to hang off of the beast’s body.

Majita checks for bullets. Wait… he never had bullets in the first place… how was he firing all those bullets?

“Let’s go.”
Faustus circles around the beast carefully… while Fie took aim. “Initiating Barrage.”

The beast was free of the interloper on its body, and celebrating its newfound freedom, it strikes at Fie, causing another tremor. Of course, it misses, but the shockwave does make it hard for her to take aim, and she struggled to stay on her feet.
“Whoaaa…”

“Turn to flames, BURN!” Ferris fires a flaming arrow at the beast. It howls in pain.

Filthy Abomination 47% HP

Fie: 87% HP 50% MP
Ferris: 84% HP 94% MP
Faustus 87% HP 100% MP
Majita 100% HP 90% MP
Entire Party Speed Up (uhoh)

Matija fires rapidly at FA’s head

Faustus lunges for the beast, and slices at it’s left kneecap, hoping for it to kneel down in pain.

Fie stumbles… and sees Faustus running towards the beast. She nods and zips towards the other knee. She kicks at the right knee cap, leaning forward as she jumps away and slashes at the back of the knee.

Faustus then strikes the other knee, and the beast buckles downwards. But the beast had raised its arms upwards in the air, ready to strike downwards onto the ground.

“Just a little more!”
Ferris shot two more arrows… One at the head and one at the torso. Both hit, but the beast was already raging in pain, so it wasn’t clear if the beast received damage. But Majita fires two rounds at the beast’s head…

Filthy Abomination 27% HP STR UP, SPD UP

Fie: 87% HP 50% MP
Faustus 87% HP 100% MP
Majita 100% HP 90% MP

The beast suddenly beats its chest like an ape, raging.

“aye aye aye” Matija quickly casts Chrono Break to slow it down

Faustus jumps back, quickly scanning the creature for spots to attack. He then gazes at it’s exposed throat, and mutters in a reassuringly way “I mean there’s no other ideas that come to mind, so…” He then (attempt) uses the downed legs to give him a boost to jump and grab onto the beats’s chest, where he would climb until he reaches the throat, and proceed to slit/stab it.

“This is troublesome.”
Fie jumps upwards, as the beast swung its arms down.

Oof, this was more than a tremor. A violent shockwave shook the ground, unsettling Ferris, Majita and Faustus. The beast gets up, and smacks both arms down onto Faustus… but…

“No you don’t!”
Fie took the liberty of deflecting the attack. Two arms were met with two blades, and she blew away the attack… with difficulty. The fists landed right next to Faustus, and he could feel the force from both fists.
“Nngh!” Fie grit her teeth under the pressure of the attack. She shot at the ground, causing smoke to appear by the beast, giving her cover.

And everyone had gotten up by then…

Filthy Abomination 26% HP STR SPD UP

Fie: 31% HP 50% MP
Faustus 87% HP 100% MP
Majita 100% HP 90% MP

Matija attempts to fire a chrono break at it

Faustus gets up, muttering “That didn’t go as planned, now what?” He sighs, before charging the beast, now attempting to break its nico nico kneecaps with his pommel.