Academy RE:VAMP (Main Thread)

“I agree, much better than squabbling about what blood we got in us.”

“Still…this seems a bit…uncharacteristic of a first exercise. I don’t know about the rest of you but this seems entirely out of place?” Threnvi expression betrays their words, as it is deeply focused.

1 Like

Aleksei is pumping his arms up and down, ready to begin the brawl. “Seems about a trial by fire. They called us ‘Special Operations’ earlier so it makes sense to literally throw us into the ring.”

“I mean… it is a military academy mm? I guess that’s fair, I didn’t really expect to fall 10 feet today.” She clenched her fists then started rubbing off her blades with her shirt.

“Likely a linear test, planned to work even with a lack of focus on teamwork. Working at least not in a way to completely step on the toes of other people would be most efficient.”

“Well… it is a military academy after all.” Towa laughs nervously. She wasn’t exactly ready for this kind of craziness, but she should have expected it, as after all, this wasn’t her first time in an underground building, except she’s now the instructor.

“I’ll take point. After the first encounter, one of you will take point.” She held out her gun with both hands, and started leading the way. The corridor seemed to turn at a corner after all. And where they were at, six [Flying Felines] were circulating around in the room.

“There are monsters after that turn. 6 more of those which I shot down. So, this will be your first battle. Are you all ready?”

The flying felines have not noticed you yet. These felines have wings, and their beady eyes seem to show no indication of where they are truly looking at.

Flying Feline A - HP - 100% | Break - 100%
Flying Feline B - HP - 100% | Break - 100%
Flying Feline C - HP - 100% | Break - 100%
Flying Feline D - HP - 100% | Break - 100%
Flying Feline E - HP - 100% | Break - 100%
Flying Feline F - HP - 100% | Break - 100%

Battle Order

Flying Feline F - Rhosyn - Flying Feline B - Flying Feline D - Uriah - Aleksei - Uriah - Threnvi - Al - Flying Feline A - Flying Feline E - Flying Feline C - Towa

Brave Points - 4 :lock:

(Not so) Available Orders
Iron Will - Reduce 50% Damage - 8 Actions - Restores 10% HP/EP - 2 BP
Raging Fire - Increases Damage Dealt by 20% - 6 Actions - Restores 10 CP - 1 BP
Covering Fire - Deal 30% more Damage and Reduce 30% Damage Taken - 6 Actions - Restores 10% HP/EP

Battle Part II

The Break Gauge is present for each and every enemy, as well as a hidden gauge for each and every one of you when fighting another human enemy. When this gauge is depleted, said enemy/ally will not be able to act the following turn, is delayed and every attack/craft that hits them will guarantee a follow-up attack.

Follow Up Attacks are made by unbalancing the enemy or by dealing critical damage. Strike them with attacks they’re weak against for another ally to also strike at them for additional damage. This will earn you Brave Points in which you can use to Rush to strike at a group of enemies near the first attacker, or Unite for all enemies to be damaged by all party members. Each of them Cost different amounts of Brave Points, so be careful.

Shurian Tip: You do not need more than this to beat the current enemies. May Aidios be with you all.

2 Likes

Uriah took his sword by the handle, pulling it from his back into his hands. “Ready.”

Rhosyn bent her knees, settling into a fighting stance, and pulled both her swords out of their sheaths. She looked over at Uriah. “Ready.”

(damn guess i don’t get a turn)

1 Like

Aleksei takes a nice step back with his right foot, bending his left leg. He pulls out his knife with his right hand, holding it to his side. “Ready.”

Al readies her flute, seemingly ready.

“Well,” Uriah said, keeping the conversation light. “How about you start us off, Rhosyn?”

“Of course. Interesting maneuver.”

“Don’t make any sudden, jerky motions. If they haven’t been attacking us already, we can prepare a little bit.” Threnvi says in a low voice, attempting not to alert anything
“So slow the fuck down for a moment and shut up.”

1 Like

“It’s just a bunch of cats with wings. Is there anywhere we can draw them in so that they can only come from one direction? I’d wager we wouldn’t get out asses kicked by a cat when they have to come straight at us from an easy angle”

1 Like

Rhosyn slowly put down her weapons and walked back towards Threnvi. She looked at Uriah and whispered: “Start us off? Aren’t we supposed to work together… or something?”

@Shurian
Threnvi glances around the room to see if there is any alcove of any sort

“If we go somewhere that they can only approach us from one direction, that means we only have one direction to move. They can corner us that way, unless you’re confident enough we can just fight our way out?”

“…It’s a bunch of what could best be described as critters. The only way they are a threat is if they can outmaneuver us

“Plus, take a second to look at our weapons again and then tell me it’s not a good idea to get them at ground level”