[Balance Talk] Fixing Airlock, if possible

…? Isn’t that already the case?

aliens are meant to infiltrate town and benefit from uncertainty while warriors are in your face aggressive and want to kick you to the curb as soon as possible

1 Like

I know, but I just read that you wanted to add an Ambassador every time you rand a Queen, and that post is my response to that.

fair

I feel like this is the problem in FoL as well
Masterminds could roll no converts
(Which is why I suggested a nerf to Court Wizard + potential to conv neutrals)

oh

1 Like

I mean you kind of need to at the current state of the game
Queen only has one convert that isn’t refundable
If she fails it she’s the only Alien on her team for the entire game unless she somehow gets biologist

How come? Elaborate with me.
Nowhere does it say that Predator has to spawn alone. Why can’t Predator spawn with Informant?
Why are the aliens fucked if Predator doesn’t kill on the first Warp Phase?

Then just make sure that Quartermaster and Transporter Chief dies ASAP and have one of the Warriors pull off a Queen fakeclaim to stir up chaos.

As long as the crewmen are paranoid enough, they will never let the Navigator let the ship reach its final destination.

Oi. It is simply a better Cop, so just live with it.
I get that you want to nerf that role because I randed with it and you got it at the end, but that doesn’t mean that you can nerf it to oblivion immediately.

Nerf it down step by step, won’tcha?

it can
but it’s not guaranteed at all

It’s already got a cop
And the whole point of us trying to guarantee Queen’s converts are wasted if the Biologist can just go on an anti-convert spree

The ability should be used wisely
Not for the fun of it
And it should be nerfed if we’re nerfing Biologists’ convert potential too

An eye for an eye, really

@KyoDaz please give thoughts on the Other Aliens.

Ambassador is absolutely fine I think
It’s presence in the game brings massive gameplay change
Sympathizer I feel like should only be used in Hybrid/Pet/Biologist setups without Queen, really
As a last resort of balancing the checks when a Queen’s converts aren’t avaliable

2 Likes

I am not saying that this won’t be the case most of the time, but I deny the impossibility of a smartass Predator who could win without killing anyone on the first Warp Phase.

I understand your worries given that we had our first Queen get occ’ed by the Galley Officer, and I approve of giving the Queen a bit more buff by giving her two charges.

But please realize that the Queen won’t be useless if their first attempt fails. She just… has more trouble convincing everyone she is part of the crew. It is unfair as hell, but I want to see it nonetheless.

If and only if the game starts with an Ambassador-less and Informant-less game… only then will I agree that not killing on the first Warp Phase is a dumb move.

I think if we buff the Queen’s convert potential then the greenchecks strength start falling apart
So I don’t think Sympathizer is needed that much
It’s more of a role that you’d use if you wanted to run a full warrior setup

1 Like

OH! On Sympathizer.
Is Sympathizer’s crew role randomised? Or is that selected?

host-chosen, at least currently

Okay, that’s good
Because a Sympathizer w/ full warrior setup that’s got transportation chief to get biologist for converts would be slighly concerning

Which is… who? Pet, Hybrid and Engineer?
None of them can detect :radioactive: so those roles are somewhat useless to a certain degree.

Hold up. Aren’t we talking about the limitations of the Biologist’s daycop? I agree if we limit the Biologist’s conversion and anti-conversion, but I don’t want a limited daycop. (Nor do I want the results to come at Night Phase for that matter…)