[Balance Talk] Fixing Airlock, if possible

hi
so while i wait for thoughts from one of airlock’s devs that i sent the forum game i ran here to, figured it was probs a good idea to open this thread, if anyone had any ideas on how to better balance airlock for the forum.

To be clear, i am def willing to consider any proposed changes (yes, any at all) if they make the setup more balanced

But i wont consider running the altered-from-canon game here in the future unless i get the green light to do so from their dev first.

perhaps something similar to jinx between hybrid and pet

1 Like

def in favor of this.
Four instant SoD1 peeks is stupid, as I learned the hard way.

the virgin empath recluse vs the chad unkillable empath super mutant

1 Like

Reduce detect abilities to give feedback during warp only

probs a good idea, for forum version, at least

I like how we’re arguing how townsided the setup was but we still won

The thing I most heavily disliked in airlock is the almost weaponisation of the host
My personal opinion is that the meteor should always hit town
It isn’t really fair if town do really badly and they have a lifeline even when they’re still stuck :man_shrugging:

This is not how the game works.
I (and most storytellers) generally use the powers available to us mainly to prolong the game.

Stop biologist being able to spam the same ability.

I’d say doing all 3 would kinda be overkill, but…

1 Like

yeah, and I’m saying that it’s slightly unfair
so to change it
Just kill the least valued town
I don’t believe players should be able to weaponise the host to the point the Aliens have literally no counterplay avaliable to it if town weaponise the host correctly
If people followed what Italy said we’d have been put in a bad position even though they had no idea what to do in a social deduction game

Meteors do not discriminate between ship and alien, so neither should i.
That’s not how the game works canonically.

unless someone can come up with a really good reason for why it should be changed (you can’t, because you’re biased due to anger with that messing with your sleep schedule), it wont be changed

If everybody in Airlock decided not to use night actions or to execute anyone a final three would be guaranteed
Actually a final three is the best possible outcome for aliens if you weaponise the host
What’s the point of playing Alien if you can’t actually win until the end of the game

I feel like this is a good reason
Especially when this is not intended in original airlock
And I wasn’t mentioning the timings of it specifically for that

I don’t think the developers intended for the Storyteller to break people’s sleep schedules to balance the game
I hope not

this is the forum version. Things are different, but i was still definitely following the rules of the setup. I dont really see a major problem with my attempt to gimmick you to try to prolong the game, sorry

There is no mechanic like the ship attack or warp voting in clocktower
it’s not comparable

I was talking about the Storyteller or Computer in Airlock

Activity was not a considered variable in the game’s original design
You cannot use that as an advantage if you’re going to port it to the forums, really

Like i said, it’s not really possible for me to genuinely consider your opinions on the matter since you are biased

if others have issues with that feature, i will def listen more genuinely.

… How could I not be biased on an opinionated subject