Butler/Servant Rework

I beat you to everything

Except arguing

You will never beat me

I beg to differ

I beg to not beg to differ

Begging is for
Casuals

Please stop derailing the thread. Go to some off-topic thread.

This is for debating this rework.

3 Likes

I am not derailing it

:ice_cream: GET UR ICECREAM

lol

1 Like

This is an interesting ability but it doesn’t match a butler, I would give another class this tbh

Edit: I think I’m just not feeling the name maybe name it something like lure wine?

2 Likes

The truth is that Serve Wine is just a weaker debauch. This makes Drunk a better Butler. So this is a way Butler can do something a Drunk can’t do better.

The distractor? New class

Can you make him target the king?

Yes.

1 Like

I serve better ice-cream since I’m a servant

xd

1 Like

Tbh I don’t like how Wine based the ability names are.

It’s just personal drama from my life, but I’d prefer a different name.

Besides, Butlers don’t only “Serve Wine”

Yeah that’s true, I mean you could name it anything else though I was just giving an example.

Basically making butler an invoker, I think occupation is stronger than this occupation can block assasins and reapers and this will direct them to a different person. (Different argument if you think occupation will hurt the bd) but occupation is stronger than redirection to NOT YOURSELF. Because if you can target yourself, then you are occupying them and investigating them to see if they are a killer class that was attacking.

The problem is that Debauch tops Serve Wine in every way. While occupation is useful, it is worse than debauch.

With this new main focus, Butler can differentiate himself from Drunk and be useful in a different way.

Lead allows you to observe kills if you direct an Assassin to someone and they get killed.

Also, redirection is almost always better for BD than occupation. If you occupy a Physician, you lose that heal. But if you redirect it, the heal can still be useful.

Tbh this rework is mostly to make Butler different than Drunk, but it would also be a buff over occupation.

1 Like

False because the assasin could have attacked your second target causing more chaos and confusion if occupied they can’t attack anyone causing no confusion.

Yes but only because debauch redirects to himself and he gets immunity from the debauched person. Otherwise occupying is good, it stops assasins and reapers, and converted targets. I am not doubting that occupying could need a buff just I disapprove of this way.

Really making them more similar, with both of them being redirectors rather than an occupier and a redirector.

Not arguing this but this is proving my point that occupation is STRONGER in that it would do more damage to the BD and the scums rather than redirecting their targets to whoever. In a cult game, this would make catching invokers even harder because the invoker has the same ability as the butler and the drunk, instead of 2 uses of the butlers ability and 5 of the drunk considering hh = occupation

While I do agree that debauch is superior to serve wine, I think it could be solved without too many changes. For example, changing debauch so it doesn’t tell you if your target is occ immune will make butler more unique since he will be the only BD that can find occupy immune classes, while drunk could still find attackers. Also I’ve said it a lot of times but I think Happy Hour and Concentrated Wine should be swapped.

2 Likes

But party has a more Unique usage compared to HH making swapping them a Nerf for butler.

IDEA WE JUST GIVE BUTLER THE ABILITY TO REDIRECT TO HIMSELF. Then we give him happy hour, then we switch serve wine to the drunk. Give drunk party. Then give drunk a day ability to posion the king.