Cannot select monitor

What happened?

I just installed the game and tried to launch, everything opens fine until I try to select which monitor the game should display on, but there are no options. If I click play then the application launches (can see on taskbar) and the music begins playing, but I cannot maximize it. Same issue if windowed mode is selected.

Tried launching on all graphics settings but problem persists.

What was SUPPOSED to happen?

Game launches normally

Steps to reproduce:

Probably not possible

Comments:

My computer detects the monitor no problem, and I have had no issues remotely like this in the past with any game. Tried using DirectX11 and Vulkan launch otions but no help. Hopefully the screenshot makes it clear what I am on about.

NoMonitor

This seems to be an issue with Windows 10 (and possibly other operating systems) and Unity games. To fix this, you have to go into your GPU Control Panel. The following are instructions for Nvidia Control Panel, but while it should be possible with other GPU Control Panels it may be slightly different to navigate. Under Display > Adjust Desktop Size and Position, you will find a menu for scaling. If it is not already, change the Scaling Mode to “No Scaling”, and Perform Scaling on: to “Display”. Then, try opening ToL up, and you should see it can now select your display, and it should open properly. If that doesn’t fix the problem, tick the box “Override the scaling mode set by games and programs”, and then try again. Hopefully this helps!

Ahh was on that earlier but didn’t change the scaling, now working perfectly, cheers Ashe!

1 Like