Darling in the Franxx SFM - Game Over | Mafia Win

Erika’s entrance is poor, who said they are derpy town?

bye o/
Goodluck with your headache

I-did-when-I-thought-she-was-new-but-she-isn’t-so-whatever-I-don’t-know-what-to-do-of-them

i’ll take a look at helz when I feel like it
or I could just sheep town!Proph because he is usually a god

I mean its still kinda irrelevant? new or not
and not new looks much worse

So your entire reason for town reading her was that you thought she was a novice?

I am not gona lie, you really pinged me with that read. I very genuinely do not see how you could draw a ‘town’ conclusion in good faith off the top of my head. ‘Not scummy’ sure. But town…

I think you just got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and realized you took an untenable stance. There is the question of why, but I do not think you really had reasoning that ever justified a read of Erika as town.

New would mean that she had a town-state of mind, not a mafia-state. But she isn’t new so I won’t go further on this.

Dude, at the time of that post it was 20 minutes after the game started. You were in a hurry to end RVS that quickly? A majority of the playerbase hadn’t even checked in yet, and IMO 46/45 hours is plenty of time to find scum.

Plus, I think you’re undervaluing the ability of the RVS to catch scum. I’ve caught and cleared town out of RVS before, so it’s definitely not a useless phase.

Sigh

if I must.

A lot of brand-new townies who come from more… lively mafia games than forum mafia (ToS, ToL) are used to rely on power roles. On those games, voting no-lynch when there is no mechanical information is the default. This being day one, she could see it as useless as there is no mechanical info, and just vote to skip it quickly. I didn’t believe this to be something a novice mafia member, coached by their peers, would do. A novice mafia member would read wolf chat and play along with their packmates.

But she isn’t new so whatever.

I’ve done all I can muster for today. I’m recovering from heat stroke and have a massive headache. I will be back with more tasty reads in the future. until then, take care lovely people [minus Zone XDDDDD]

But before I leave, just my two cents on this recent topic, no “hug” day 1 statistically hurts town in the long run; it’s not outside of reasoning to question that since unlike all the other fluff post and votes at the time, that one seemed legitimate. It didn’t spew Erika town or scum to me though and Helz vote against Erika was indeed a good place to start legitimate discussion.

Yeah. I will break RVS as quickly as I can. Why wait? What possible good can come by allowing RVS to go on a minute longer than it has to?

What do you think of Guill’s tonal shift from intentionally reacting poorly to pressure 6 hours ago to asking fairly relevant questions right now?

That does make sense to me but I still question handing out town cred on that one fact without looking at their overall posts. There is… just not much to go on there. I guess I could see a very soft town lean but that does not feel how you presented your read of them. It was worded like a flat town read (from memory)

I do apologize for the staggered posts. I was catching up on 100+ posts while chatting so I was kinda in the past while talking to you there.

I went to look her overall posts right after and discovered she was not a novice.
If she was a novice, I would be very confident on this read. That post would utterly show that she probably wasn’t receiving information about the game outside the game (wolf chat, masons chat). Which would make her very townie.

I know some scum archetypes/players struggle to post naturally in RVS and they can unintentionally out themselves during the RVS stage. I’ve been in/read games where scum, say, overthink their RVS vote and then get a fair bit of early pressure.

This might be a difference of site meta/opinions though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

how do you plan on going about that? making sure everyone has their votes placed on one or two they solidly think are suspicous or so?

I love this.

I will say that I do like the thought process behind this read from Mercenary.

Shows a fair amount of nuance and critical thought, which is something I wouldn’t really expect from scum at this point in the game. Don’t think scum goes out of their way to manufacture this type of town read on Erika and then retracts it when they realize that Erika is more experienced.

Pretty comfortable tabling her off atm.

Maybe I am wrong. You really pinged the shit out of me calling her town but I do 100% understand seeing a ‘town slip’ or something of the such giving a strong read. Regardless I do not think I would be willing to lynch you today. I generally look at my D1 lynch as a cost/probability ratio so it would take a good bit for me to advocate for your head today.