[Discussion] Introducing the Forum of Lies Awards!

you had me in the first half ngl

2 Likes

geyde i actually kinda get where youre coming from

When I first won the teamplay awards I’ve been kinda chasing that high ever since

and i think its made my playing way worse

you know what

fuck awards

why do we need them anyways

this is plagiarism

1 Like

i nominate we ban chloe from winning this so literally anyone else can win it

3 Likes

So the fundamental problem with making it either annually or biannually is that often only the popular players will get representation (ex: chloe) in all the awards. That’s simply ridiculous and doesn’t actually solve any problems. Just so you know, reads aren’t just a thing you say at other players so that they can be aware of what your read is and proceed to ignore it. An awful lot of people are borderline-allergic to letting other players influence them and…that’s silly? This is a team game, not an individual one. Just look at the last wolf win on this site, where people were so allergic to considering that they could be wrong that they quickhammered 4 times in a row and lost. While FM is made up of individuals, it’s also a team game, and at some point you do, actually, have obligations to your team, and one of those obligations is to actually try.[1]

So I propose a new system to alleviate this problem of bad teamplay that this system will no doubt have.

After every game, we should vote to honor the best town and scum team players. In doing so, we are going to solve all the problems that exist. We won’t take no for an answer on this.

[1] Arete. (2020, April 22). Chloe fan club (but only FM related) (formerly initiative to improve townplay thread) joy_cat. Retrieved March 12, 2021, from Chloe fan club (but only FM related) (formerly initiative to improve townplay thread) 😹

4 Likes

honest question

why were these awards introduced in the first place

unity
hype
appreciation

and most importantly: dopamine

because they didn’t learn that their actions have consequences

FREAKING FRICKS

but the dopamine hit is the problem

the awards encourage the hero play that can make forum mafia/team games in general obnoxious

it certainly makes me obnoxious

haha I’m a bitch haha

‘stupid mods, stop doing awards’ is an allowable take

when we polled on Team Player Awards people expressed interest in doing this instead

we have solved champs team award hero syndrome

well how do I stop caring

I need this

I guess I could do ketamine instead

That works as well

Okay, maybe it’s unpopular to have a positive opinion about awards, but I actually like them. The awards I’ve received have truly made me want to continue doing better. I was somewhat ashamed by the one award I got just for my lucky night action to watch a wolf convert because I didn’t really do much else to help. So I’ve been wanting to do my best to actually earn any other awards I receive. I’ve been doing things like tracking my reads on individual players each game day in spreadsheets.

That being said, I guess I can understand how they can be a negative in certain situations. However, I honestly believe that the pessimism people keep expressing is just feeding on itself. The constructive criticisms are fine because they help in considering solutions. But the rest…

Anyway, also wanted to say I appreciate the mod team continuing to work at this despite the setbacks. :slight_smile:

Light, sorry for the trauma this post will inevitably cause you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess I’m just sad that catgirl jester nightless might be my best town game

Is this my legacy

yes
you peaked

it can only get worse from here

this is a powerful statement, paired with the smiley face, it radiates an aura that cannot be matched

5 Likes