DR5 - Mirrored Embers - Chapter Six - Finale [Surviving Participants + Jane win]

No

Please stop speaking.

1 Like

Doesn’t speak, but default dances instead

2 Likes

“Thank you all. We have reached the close of the first trial of the Ultimate Hunt. The person which you have selected as the blackened is…”

SirDerpsALot

“Interesting choice.”

6 Likes

“I am pleased to announce that the person you have selected as the Blackened is…”

Guilty. Execution will begin shortly.

6 Likes

“Before we get to my favourite part, let me explain the truth of the first murder of the Ultimate Hunt…”

In this case, the motive of the killer was important. Although it would seem there was only a single motive in play- the lack of a meaningful Monoluna file, there was in fact a second motive- the Maltese Raven. The Raven was an artifact that had no actual purpose except to make people believe it was important and dangerous, and make people kill each other as a consequence. Sonja Eriksson, believing the artifact to genuinely be powerful, burned it to ashes at the Obelisk. Although to them it seemed like nothing happened, to everybody else something very important did happen- they received a vision falsely claiming that Jane was attempting to kill them.

Very few people seriously believed this, of course, but it did prompt action from a group of players who gathered together to look for Sonja before a hypothetical person who genuinely would kill her in preemptive self-defense. Amongst the last to join this group was the Blackened in this case, who started formulating a plan to exploit the motive. Their plan was to assasinate Sonja to make it look like it was somebody who did not know that the vision was false, thereby erliminating themselves from the pool of suspects.

They planned to use two rituals they had learned about in the Library to perform this killing- a ritual requiring a victim’s heart to seal the room, and a ritual requiring a piece of marble in order to leave the crime scene undetected. To gain the marble neccecary, they slammed their rusty sword onto a pillar in the bank’s waiting room to chip the marble and gain a usable piece. Using this, they entered the first step of their plan- eliminating the possibility of a witness. To do so, the Blackened entered Alex Bracknell’s room while they were writing strange, fatalistic messages on the wall, and knocked them unconcious using the flat of their sword.

Their plan encountered a hitch, however, as Harleck Abode was staying in the Blackened’s target’s room. Panicking, the Blackened decided to make do with the unconcious body they had already. They dragged the unconcious body to the shower, and using a needle they’d broken off from a compass in a geometry set, which was unusually sharp, they slit Alex Bracknell’s trachea. The victim died soon after.

Next, they used the marble to become invisible, and their sword to extract the victim’s heart and seal the room, then washed the blood off their clothing and sword using the shower. They dropped the bloodied compass point down the drain, believing this to dispose of the evidence- however, the nanotech that Alex Bracknell was dependent on was washed down the drain, clogging it. This meant the killer left behind two crucial pieces of evidence- the marble dust from the ritual, and the murder weapon.

Leaving invisibly, the final stage of their plan occurred. They went to their dorm room and changed clothes, then took the damp clothes they were wearing in the shower and placed them in the Kitchen’s oven. The oven was turned on, and after 30 minutes, the clothing was reduced to unrecognisable ashes, just as the killer became visible once again inside of their own room.

That was how you did it, wasn’t it…

@SirDerpsALot, Josephine Farrierson, the Ultimate Historian!

Discuss amongst yourselves. Execution will begin shortly.

7 Likes

areteemote

3 Likes

based

Such an elaborate plan, yet so… audaciously risky. Don’t you think you could’ve stopped once you knew about Harleck?

Yes but impulsive and I was bored

1 Like

me: literally gets killer to confess to it
also me: overthinks the crap out of the trial

1 Like

I’ll take that as a compliment

“Huh… So me hanging around in Sonja’s room really did save her life.”

“…”

Were it not for the magical binds restraining her, Matilda would have leapt at Josephine with absolutely everything she had. Needles, shanks, nails, everything. As is it though, she’s reduced to a trembling pile of pent-up rage.

“…you”

“…you really-“

“You killed her.”

“If I could move…I’d be finishing the job myself,” she snarls viciously, clawing at herself relentlessly for some vague relief of the anger and rage inside of her.

3 Likes

my peak will be when I get another player to confess to another murder this game by claiming I’m MM

2 Likes

You played right into the Mastermind’s hands with that impulsiveness. You… you killed someone over it. And now you’ve been caught. Do you regret it?

(aretes favorite ultimate died chapter 1

arete in shambles)

“it… it really was that easy? …how boring…”

1 Like

no it’s

My Turn to Mastermind

Nah it was fun

Mom said it’s my turn to be mastermind

4 Likes