FAM Final Main Thread - Game Over - Mafia + Imperials win!

i was working during that time ok

can you account for them

i think “even night scum vigilante” would make more sense

1 Like

well something like that
just
even night groupscum has 2 kp instead of 1

iirc leafias role had a one shot vig kill

possible that’d explain the extra kill on n1 as well

but theres unexplained kills even if we assume that’s the case so shrugze

dont think its unlikely that happened n1?

uh ok so i thought that through
and basically
i guess it just comes down to kill through PoE, with tmrw as XyLo?

i was in the shower and thought orange’s wincon of “if the game is canned you win” had an “alternatively” clause describing their sk-ness

i thought this was a joke

is it not a joke

i
genuinely dont think hat’s a joke

id say “what kind of fucking host would ever do that”

but geyde

1 Like

i guess it could be real, just a joke passive but

meh

so
uh
/vote Frostwolf103 I guess

can we end today before 10pm for real this time

i sure fucking hope so

well okay i realistically can work with later than 10PM but

yknow

same concept

one sec

lemme check flipped roles to see if theres any meme pasives

well i wanna start day at tmrw 10am

unless hosts allow us to nightskip

then everyone nightskip plz

/vote Frostwolf

Feels right

/vote Frostwolf103

im gay

DatBird
i think im almost finished

Chloe
Is there anything I can do to help?

DatBird
dont think so

osieorb18
I’m going to try to stall for time. If they disconnect an innocent person before we can finish identifying the hackers, it’s all over.

Frostwolf103
Now listen here! GGhana has been personally responsible for disconnecting multiple innocent forumers! Why would he do that unless he were one of the hackers?

GGhana
lol
your accusations have been wrong all game
probably because you’re a hacker yourself
i think we should disconnect you

Frostwolf
Oh yeah? Well, I think we should disconnect you, sir.

Solic
Guys, let’s just calm down and talk this out. We’ve been working on this for days, if we look back on everything that’s happened so far it should be pretty clear.

clonedcheese
I agree that that’s important, but nothing Frostwolf is saying makes any sense. I don’t understand why he’d be acting like this unless he were guilty. I think we should disconnect him as well.

orangeandblack5
yeahlet’s

katze
letsdoit
imgay

System Message: Disconnecting Frostwolf103...

DatBird
okay i just got results

SYSTEM LOG: Users accessing source code for user "Chloe"
System Message: Accessed by DELETED USER on June 17, 2021.
System Message: Accessed by orangeandblack5 on June 17, 2021.
System Message: Accessed by katze on June 17, 2021.
System Message: Accessed by DatBird on June 27, 2021.

DatBird
the last one is just now
im not a hacker

Geyde
So it’s orange and katze
I should’ve known they were up to something

katze
yeah lol
tbh i thought youd figure it out when you noticed chloes hack had worked so much better? we share all our passwords

orangeandblack5
Yeah, it’s us. What are you going to do about it?

DatBird
huh?

katze
we just started disconnecting frost
once he’s gone, we’ll be able to overwhelm your servers

System Message: Frostwolf103 has been disconnected. Terminating user...
System Message: Frostwolf103 was: Whysper, Town Universal Backup.

Arete

I just don’t understand why you’re doing this.
is there some sort of mutual goal that we can help you achieve that wouldn’t involve murdering people?
you both play FM! orange, you were on Chief Delphi when it got shut down, and kat is literally a mod
so
why

orangeandblack5
When Chief Delphi was shut down, I was upset at first. But then I started thinking. How much time do all of us spend on Mafia? How many people here have sacrificed their health, their mental well-being, or their IRL commitments for forum mafia? Can any of you truthfully say that you haven’t?

katze
being a mod meant that i saw all the worst things people did because of fm
i couldnt just ignore the toxicity
and its not just our site
i might be ce but that doesnt mean i was just going to ignore it and pretend it didnt exist

osieorb18
So what are you going to do now?
Are you just going to disconnect all of us?

orangeandblack5
We can’t, even if we wanted to.
You’re all coded separately from the participants.
Besides, our goal isn’t to kill people, it’s to stop anyone from ever playing FM again. If a few dozen people die, that doesn’t necessarily mean that anyone will make the connection.

katze
orange im getting bored
can i just run the code now?

Arete
the what?

orangeandblack5
Go ahead, kat.

System Message: Running iterative-inhibitor-2.exe on users with HOST tag.
System Message: Finished running iterative-inhibitor-2.exe.

katze
y’know its pretty convenient how much easier it is to hack their code once we have a few days of data from inside the simulation :joy_cat:
get :joy_cat: boxed in :joy_cat:
god i hate how joycats look in the sim

orangeandblack5
Well, I think our work here should be done.
System, log out all users with the HOST tag, orangeandblack5, and katze. Disconnect all other users.

System Message: Logging out users with HOST tag...
System Message: Processing updates to neural connections (1/5)...
System Message: Processing complete.
System Message: Users with HOST tag logged out.

System Message: Logging out orangeandblack5...
System Message: orangeandblack5 logged out.

System Message: Logging out katze...
System Message: katze logged out.

System Message: Disconnecting clonedcheese...
System Message: clonedcheese has been disconnected. Terminating subject.
System Message: clonedcheese was: nutella, Town Weathervane.

System Message: Disconnecting GGhana...
System Message: GGhana has been disconnected. Terminating subject.
System Message: GGhana was: MaximusPrime, Town Gift Giver.

System Message: Disconnecting Solic...
System Message: Solic has been disconnected. Terminating subject.
System Message: Solic was: Blizer, Town Chef.

Chloe blinks as she removes her headset. “Those-- those heckos!” she says. “I hope they both die!”

“I wasn’t expecting that,” says Osie. “I expected they would just kill us.”

Arete yanks their headset off. “We have to warn everyone, quickly!” they say. “If playing forum mafia is going to kill this many people, it should be banned everywhere!”

“Yeah,” says DatBird. “Forum mafia just makes people fight. Have you seen some of the things that people have been saying on our site?”

“Do you know how much I’ve fucked up things IRL from playing FM?” says Geyde. “Actually, do you know how much all four of you have?” It’s fucking ridiculous."

“I’m glad we’re in agreement,” says Osie. “Where I’m from, people would spend months on a single FM game. Imagine what else they could do with that time?”

“Wait, no,” says Chloe. “–Oh no.”

“What’s wrong, Chleb?” asks DatBird.

“I think orange and kat must have run some sort of hack on you, as well,” says Chloe. “None of you would have said things like that fifteen minutes ago.”

“Maybe,” says Arete. “But it’s like you said, earlier. Just because we were hacked to think these things doesn’t mean that we’re wrong.”

“But – what – no!” says Chloe. “Think of all the time we spent together building up FoL!”

Arete shrugs. “Maybe if you hadn’t murdered forty people I’d think differently,” they say.

Chloe flinches. “I – I --” I was hacked, she wants to say, but can’t quite manage to.

###

Osie blinks, stumbling for a moment as he walks across the stage to join Arete, Geyde, and DatBird on the couch in the middle of the recording studio. Blinding lights illuminate the stage, and cameras flash as he walks.

“Alright, let’s settle in!” says the newscaster, smiling. “Today, we bring you a very special story. Four of the survivors from the Forum of Lies Simulation Massacre are going to speak with us! They have an important message that they want to share with the world.”

Osie takes a deep breath. “I used to be a forum admin,” he says. “I ran a forum specifically dedicated to Mafia. But as I compared the forum to other forums, I realized that having Mafia on a site inevitably lowers the quality of everything else that happens there.”

DatBird nods. “When people play Mafia, it makes them start to fight with each other,” he continues. He’s practiced what he was going to say a hundred times in the mirror, but it’s different now that he’s on the stage. “Sometimes, that fighting bleeds into friendships and relationships across the whole site.”

“There’s really no justifiable reason for having Mafia on a site,” says Geyde. “Many Mafia players don’t even enjoy the game. They just feel like they have to play it because all their friends are. And that’s before we get into the murders.” He turns to Arete, nodding.

Arete swallows. “When we were trapped in the simulation, it made me realize something,” they say. “No matter what, as long as people continue to play Mafia, the group that trapped us there is going to keep doing things like that. I just – I just don’t want anyone else to have to die!”

The newscaster grins at the cameras. “After our next commercial break, we’ll hear more about this story, and about the bans most forums are now implementing on forum mafia!”

6 Likes