[FM] Lord of the Rings Forum Mafia - (7/25) - Completed - Mafia Wins!

What do you think about PKR

I don’t think because I’ve been asleep and haven’t read any of his posts.

He claimed ret

Had a look at Ici’s arguments for Mount Doom up in the beginning of the thread and I’ve got to agree. Intel and a bit of fun chaos with the wagon effect without really affecting vigs, or at least that’s what I’m getting with my very limited understanding of the meta.

/vote Mount Doom

Maybe some reads coming later idk.

1200 posts?
You guys are joking.

2 Likes

Also why are two people dead what happened.

Wait lol I didnt even realize someone died

Chance town is winning=1%

We are going to get modkilled before the evil faction gets 1 kill

2 Likes

I am Ok with Going mirkwood rn And just poisoning everyone

Map Voters Count
Mount Doom Icibalus, H_Hja, Teleology, SirDerpsALot, SetToBlow 5
Bree DatBird, Firekitten, Vulgard, Simon, Solic 5
Rivendell Andrej, astand 2
Helm’s Deep Simon 1
Mordor Kai_5, Hippolytus, Marshal, Evil_Ginger, MaximusPrime, Teleology, Alice, Universal 8
The Shire chiangsmokers 1
Rohan Arete 1

Im voting mordor already, but ok.

/Vote mordor

/vote Mordor

Map Voters Count
Mount Doom Icibalus, H_Hja, Teleology, SirDerpsALot, SetToBlow 5
Bree DatBird, Firekitten, Vulgard, Simon, Solic 5
Helm’s Deep Simon 1
Mordor Kai_5, Hippolytus, Marshal, Evil_Ginger, MaximusPrime, Teleology, Alice, Universal, astand, Andrej 10
The Shire chiangsmokers 1
Rohan Arete 1

I’m not going to say the entire reason until post game, but I apologize because yesterday I was acting bitter af since I was in a bad mood

Interesting that Solic goes from voting a highly valued map to voting another highly valued map.

Why is Marshal calling astand out when he is clearly doing a reaction test? Do we buy that he just didn’t notice it was a reaction test? Because like Max says, it was obvious as hell.

Ah never mind, Solic explains his reasoning for doing so. I still think Bree is worse until later on.

I actually changed my vote to Mordor, but my vote didn’t register. I originally voted Mount Doom because I wanted to choose a mafia map D1 in order to prevent mafia maps from being chosen later on since I figured they would be way weaker early game. Mount Doom would allow us to gain interesting info from voting and narrow the PoE for lynching, but Mordor is now better because it basically has no negative effects.

Why do you care about other people agreeing with your reads? That mindset doesn’t come from town

What? That makes no sense. Just because you’re scum doesn’t mean you will have bad interactions with town

/Vote Mordor

1 Hour Remains to Select the Map.

Okay wait who tf died while I was asleep

Readlist time.

Know that I probably have no idea what I’m doing so this won’t be the quality content you were all waiting for, sorry @Alice. No thread trawl-inspired walls from me just yet.

Icibalus – I’ve got an odd gut feeling that all the map arguing is an elaborate high-effort ruse to appear villagery, since who would go to all that effort of arguing for Mount Doom when it’s pretty clear that it’s not an amazing D1 with the counter-arguments from FK and Ici’s lack of a real refutation. (I still feel it’s better to get MD out of the way to see if any of the wolfs pull a sneaky vote switch and at this point I’m not sure my choice matters all that much, but the gut feeling is still there.)

Firekitten – Reacted pretty harshly right after Ici’s arguments with some facts and logic. I don’t think a wolf wold push against a potentially scum-sided map that hard, and others seem to think they’re a townie so I agree with Datbird’s townread towards the beginning of the game.

Solic – Pushing pretty damn hard investigating even the tiniest suspicions (and going after newbies for lurking on D1 L), occasionally in a very short snappy way. Comes off as overcompensating to try to seem villagery, but no frame of reference on that sort of thing for me so it’s just a scumlean from me.

Arete – maybe town? Warned against softing earlier citing the risk of there being a claimvig (which could definitely be true now with PKR’s death), where I’d think a wolf might’ve let it happen with the hope of more targets.

Astand – swings the other way from Solic with mostly unfounded meme vig threats, getting sarcastic villager vibes – probably town as I’ve mentioned before.

Marsha – has argued with a little too much emphasis on the benefit to mafia from some of the maps. Possible scumlean.

And there we go, gut feelings galore.

/vote Mordor

I skimmed these 1200 posts and I barely saw any meaningful content. It felt like people were just shitposting in the thread and discusing nothing substantial.

Especially Ginger and Marshal were being shitposters extraordinaire. Ginger at least tried to make reads in his own weird way that completely baffles me. Marshal was just… not doing anything and defending every single post people scumread him for. It feels like he’s overly paranoid of being suspected - he’s not even being pushed by multiple people or anything. They could easily both be scum doing scum theater.

Simon at least tries to contribute mechanics-wise, although I’m keeping a close eye on him because I’d like to see some reads. His perspective feels third-person if that makes sense - like he’s not invested in the game, which I typically read as scummy. It could just be his playstyle, but I still get pinged the wrong way by his style of posting. Potential scum here.

Tele is… I’m not sure. I know I said before that if she’s really scummy to me D1, she’s probably town, but I keep watching her post and I’m not sure if it comes from town anymore. I wouldn’t lynch this today but I think Tele is a good check.

Boss’s reads aren’t very good but at least he posted actual reads in the ‘people shitpost for 1200 posts’ message flood. If he was scum he wouldn’t feel the need to do this because of the threadstate, so I’m townreading Boss for it.

I don’t like Alice seeing Boss as scummy despite that fact. I’m generally wary of people I don’t meld with whatsoever because it feels like their logic comes from a non-town place. Also, scumreading Solic seems… a little easy? I read Solic as scum as well but I have a bad feeling about what her scumreads are. They don’t feel very exploratory - people have already read Marshal as scum and the same thing applies to Boss & Solic. I expected Alice to focus on other people sooner.

Admittedly she’s doing that right now so I’m watching closely. Who knows, maybe she realized the same thing about her play that I did.

Max is super town based on his posting so far and I would place him in the towncore if we establish one.

Arete/Alice is interesting and feels TvS to me. It has to be resolved sooner or later. It can’t be SvS because their interactions don’t feel orchestrated, so they’re either TvT or TvS. I’m leaning TvS right now.

1 Like