[FM] Lord of the Rings Forum Mafia - (7/25) - Completed - Mafia Wins!

Let’s agree to disagree then.

But my vote will not be on him D1, and if town he will be complete obvtown later.

1 Like

This might be the situation where I really don’t want to speak instead of Dat.

1 Like

So did anything come from your reread, Kai?

Do you still scumread Boss?

@Ami I’m still waiting for you to clear yourself. You’re not really doing that.
You have a little more than 24 hours.

Small ISO on Solic here. I’ve noticed that their posting became significantly more aggressive, especially in terms of scumhunting, after Ici cast suspicion on their actions as per the below post. They were a fair bit more chill prior to that, and I think Ici’s initial callout prompted Solic to go hard on scum in response.

Ici Quote

Quote 1

Emphasising the amount of effort they’ve put into arguing for the benefit of town. They emphasize their passion for town like this a few times in the thread, sort of a show of how proud they are of their town defence.

Quote 2

Half-dismisses Ici’s supposedly numerous scumreads and shades without actually rebutting most of them, just deflections for the most part.

Quote 3

It’s just a feeling. The two posts aren’t really contradictions, since Kai is being suspicious and unsure about PKR’s status in a vague sense in the first post before considering everything, and then specifies their suspicions/read after having a think about it in the second post. The second post came after PKR claimed doc/retri and talked a whole damn lot about being a town healer, so it makes sense that Kai’s opinion shifted from vague on-the-fence to townlean. Solic’s commentary appears to be a bit of weakly founded shade.

Quote 4

This was a stretch, and reads like a over-interpretation of Kai’s comment before, which was very clearly just a general sarcastic jab at certain players getting themselves killed through stupidity, due to really wanting to paint Kai as scum (as seen in quote 7 further down).

Quote 5

Ironically, this doesn’t sound genuine, since Kai didn’t really show happiness at a confirmed town death. By my interpretation, Kai was more frustrated in regards to the stupidity of Magnus’ flavourclaim and gamethrow. Solic’s reaction doesn’t match it, and it’s probably the most forced of the lot, since the use of “legit” and the double exclamation points don’t seem to be in line with Solic’s usual style.

Now, Solic’s angery reaction for scumreads/shading against him is on a hair trigger, as shown by the below, low-effort response to a vote:

Quote 6

And also their response to the slightest of bants:

Quote 7

They’re really trying to redirect suspicion onto the reader/shader and/or discredit them without rebutting the main concerns of the scumread/shade, with some nice barbs attached. With that in mind, they might just be failing to grasp the sarcasm/intent behind some posts, but I don’t think that’s likely, considering that some of their other posts seem like very much forced reaches (as aforementioned). In fact, they’re so forced I’m thinking that Solic’s references to their own emotional volatility have been attempts to mask how kneejerky and unfounded some of their responses to reads have been.

Quote 8

“I’m such a moral town, I definitely hate scum, especially this one guy who I think is the epitomy of scum”.

Seems forced. Likely a bit of pretence so that they look like they’re a town who is especially invested in going after those dirty scum.

Quote 9

Waiting for followup on this. Seems like picking big targets to seem like a big scumhunter then dropping those targets when the conversation has moved on.

Also, Solic acts too much like they’re a natural town, just one of the guys joking around, ‘there’s no reason to question me im a town how dare you question my town status”.

Quote 10

More of the general notion from Solic that “I really get town you know, I understand town, I’m invested in town, I’m probably town.”

Quote 11

Authoritative dismissal of concerns that were legitimate at the time and could probably have used a bit more than a one-sentence answer.

Quote 12

Again, “I really get town you know, I’m so moral, I understand town, I’m invested in town, I’m probably town". This appears to be purposeful moralising so that they seem anti-scum and thus town.

For the most part, it’s Solic’s strong kneejerk reactions and to being shaded or scumread and overeager attempts to appear like a cool and good town that makes me suspicious.

So, once Ici shaded Solic hard, Solic went harder on the scumhunting, defences, and town identity/moralising, to the point of putting out unfounded and forced shade. Overall, my conclusion is that Shade is actually a scum overcompensating for something to appear town after being accurately scumread/shaded.

This entire post is an interesting take. In my opinion Solic was much scummier when the day began, and became less scummy as it went on. You think it’s the other way around and he switched his playstyle a little after being suspected.

The problem is I’m not sure if Solic gets this defensive as scum. Defensiveness can be read as both scummy and towny depending on the individual. I’m not sure if either of us knows Solic’s scum meta at all.

If I’m not including meta whatsoever in my read, I think Solic is scum and I’m inclined to agree with your take on his later posting. If Solic’s town meta is exactly that - overeager attempts to dismiss scumreads on him, LAMIST (Look At Me, I’m So Town), etc. - then he might be town. Then again. He might be replicating his town game.

This is just going to make me go in circles. I still think Solic is likely to flip scum based on his entrance. Not sure how to read his behavior during the reaction test - the fact he wasn’t interested whatsoever is weird. He was scumreading me before, why is he not saying anything now?

@Solic Can you explain this?

Right now I think Solic either saw the reaction test coming right away or didn’t want to fall for it, which is why he was drifting at the side without getting himself involved.
In both cases it’s… weird. Like he knew something we didn’t.
Maybe I’m biased because I fell right into it and went deep into the deathtunnel, but it’s still odd to me.

I know nothing about anyone’s metas so at least they don’t affect my reads :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m off to bed anyway. Hope to see Solic’s reply in the morning.

@SetToBlow link me your most recent scum and town games, for entertainment purposes.

I would, but this is my first forum mafia game. I’m glad to see I’m doing so well people are doubting I’m a newbie :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, get a townread then.

Any opinion on Kai, if seen independently from Solic?

Very mild scumlean since I haven’t analysed their posts that much yet.

I am actually going to go to sleep for real this time, so I might have a closer look at Kai after I wake up.

1 Like

I hyper post as either alignment

Give me time to actually wake up

/crunching in backup

1 Like

not if your aligment prohibits you from posting

fuck i realized that eod is night for me and I wont be able to hammer in plurality

1 Like