LoTRFM - Mafia Chat

I think we shouldn’t worry that much.

Set can make himself look townie
Arete is consensus townread
I am being townread
Dat is nullread, but can change that
Vul is scumread, but if shot by Alice is now an IC

I’m going to laugh if Vul ends up getting dayvigged and surviving, which … presumably he will?

More push on Solic coming very soon.

1 Like

@Luxy when does hammerer of mordor decide who to kill? How long do they have to decide? is it instant?

etc. etc.

After the lynch. It is instant, and they shoot as soon as they are online.

Night continues regardless from day end.

Having a think about it, I think Solic put on the appearance of distancing and pushing Kai hard in order to get towncred since Kai was rapidly reaching consensus scumread with or without Solic’s push during the early stages of the lynch phase. Thus, scumteam cut their losses with Kai and tried to benefit off of it by misleading through association, one of the resuting benefits being solidifying Solic’s position in townreads. It’s worked pretty well, but a closer look shows that quite a few of Solic’s reads on Kai are weak, forced, or cold/safe takes.

Earlier on:

This is forced. Kai’s criticism here doesn’t make sense, considering that trying to get the hammer doesn’t require you to have control of the thread, as seen by Derps’ current behaviour.

So, one of Solic’s read posts on Kai was pretty much entirely forced/weak, aside from the Antarctic take that Kai’s lack of a follow-up on Boss was scummy. There’s very little else that directly deals with Kai besides the below:

Some nice shitposting and scum theatre distancing Solic and Kai as Kai gets closer to consensus scumread. Just as flimsy as Solic’s reads on Kai.

As for Solic’s response to my ISO:

Not a response.

You’ll have to enlighten me on how I’m doing it, because I’m not seeing it.

I have to agree with the big Ici quote I put in the ISO, especially their assessment of your posting personality. You most definitely are passive-agreesive, and your interpretations of quite a few posts have been wack.

I made a comment on the change in style in the post. Sure, your double exclamation mark could be a typo, but that doesn’t mean that post didn’t have a different style. Nice work ignoring the other half of the read.

Besides, microreads based on miniscule changes in the setting out of text posts seems pretty normal around here. I’d say my read of this post is not a microread, and the premise is as valid as much as others’ style-based reads are valid.

Kai turning out to be scum doesn’t change how forced that read was, and it doesn’t clear you. See the beginning of this post.

Not seeing it. It’s more than plausible for scum to be unhappy about town being stupid and messing up game balance early. Can’t remember who it was, but there was someone talking a while back about how annoying it is for scum to face a town who isn’t putting up a challenge.

Being upset about a game going lopsided is mostly NAI anyway, unless town is expected to never be frustrated by dumb shit happening which would be weird.

Not a response.

I’ll be sure to keep it monosyballic for you if I get around to it.

Thank you for appreciating how revolutionary my take is.

So what? How is restating my central conclusion a defence? Are you saying that the concept of trying too hard to seem town while scum and failing is impossible?

I went and had another look to see if you did actually elaborate on your Dat townread, but couldn’t find it. Could you point it out for me?

Still waiting on this. By Solic’s own metrics this is scummy.

This was just about what I was expecting—deflecting concerns by making fun of the accuser while barely engaging with the arguments.

I’d appreciate it if you dropped this holier-than-thou attitude that you’ve displayed towards me in our interactions so far. I know I’m a newb, but I don’t enjoy being talked to like I’m lesser and having my arguments dismissed out of hand because I dared to try to contribute an ISO/read in the little time I have after—shocker—you asked me to do some work and after I got mildly scumread for low activity which was mostly beyond my control.

Thoughts on this?

I would cut this part, it looks defensive.

Will do that.

I dont know what the fuck that means.

Single syllable.

Just being prickish back at him.

Replaced it with “because I dared to try to contribute an ISO/read that questioned your holy town status.”

1 Like

I’m very amused by Kitten’s choice of hammerer.

Nice pocket, Marshal.

<3

T E N C H A R A C H T E R s

There we go. Hopefully the content is quality at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to go push back against some of the points in it, and I want you to argue with me (you don’t need to accuse me of being evil, just of being wrong), is that okay with you?

I lobbed an easy question, too.

for balance

becuase letting it simmer and then having solic get to it is not good news

Yeah. I won’t be on for the next half an hour though so there’ll be a short delay.

BTW, although my hammer might be useless on mordor, I can still use it to prevent derps or anyone else bled/poisoned from being healed