FoL Awards 2021 - Nominations Thread

Second

nominations must include a category

It’s clearly for setup

1 Like

I’ve already nominated all legacy stuff that I remembered.

I haven’t played hundreds of games here, come to think of it. And some things I did want to nominate are things I can’t nominate (like the LotR FM scumteam; it’s a controversial nomination to begin with, considering that we were virtually outed to several villagers, but the fact we pulled through regardless and managed to achieve a few crazy things might be worthy of a nomination, idk).

Otherwise, I would’ve already spammed a lot more nominations.

That said, maybe you’re right and self-nominating is the way to go?

im not sure if lotrfm scumteam deserves a nomination for best play but it is a legacy nomination for a fun game in my heart

1 Like

Alright, I have some legacy nominations that aren’t just ‘let me nominate myself for an award.’ Disclaimer that there’s going to be significant bias here towards games I was in, since I have an index of those and more generally remember them better.

I nominate @ash4fun in Muppets Cop 13er for Legacy Best Town Performance (Individual). Although he had a rough start day 1 due to IRL commitments, which led to him being busy for most of the Day and nearly CFD’d, he did not allow that to interfere with his solving process, and posted himself clear on subsequent days. His case on Marshal, the deepest wolf, who was being shielded by many loud village voices, was the leading contributing factor in her being voted out on Day 3 (which was also the first wolf execution in the game). After that, he consistently had a winning PoE, allowing town to eventually pull out a victory in final 3.

I nominate Anstreim in SFoL 61.5 for Legacy Best Scum/Neutral Performance (Individual). Despite several early setbacks, such as scum failing both the night 1 and night 2 converts, as well as his partner managing to somehow fail a reaction test that he was literally informed about in advance, Anstreim was able to effectively get widely townread while pushing for village eliminations. His bus on CRichard was extremely effective, even if unplanned, and even as many of the villagers were mechconfirmed he was able to remain widely townread. He was eventually voted out, but only after the NK literally openwolved and accused him of being death immune. What makes this more impressive is that this was quite literally his first completed game.

I nominate @astand’s Umineko FM for Legacy Best Setup. Creating balanced rolemadness setups is not easy, but Astand managed to create a fairly balanced one. Additionally, it had several unique or interesting mechanics, such as the Mafia Puppet and the Mafia Retributionist; while the setup had some “tricks,” none of them can really be called unfair.

I nominate @Tangeld 's Trouble Brewing for Legacy Best Misc. This Misc was generally well-hosted, with no moderrors/issues with host processing/etc. The game itself was reasonably clean and enjoyable for most participants, and started a long tradition of Blood on the Clocktower games hosted on the forum. Additionally, Tan provided enjoyable and well-written flavor.

Additionally, I second the following legacy nominations:

3 Likes

Yet another thing that probably shouldn’t get it because of how the whole alt situation went down

but like

the game would have been impossible without alts

and that’s not really his fault

soooooooo seconded ig

1 Like

Gonna second this

Also :sob:

1 Like

Wasn’t this the one I basically solved d1, while also getting MLed D1

1 Like

after looking at your ISO for about 2 minutes
it appears so

1 Like

Nice lmao

Sad times

lol get fucked

2 Likes

I wish

1 Like

yes

Ash additionally displayed the important village skill of ‘not getting voted out D1’ which is why he gets nominated for the award

8 Likes

Nominating @Arete for Best Replacement Player

Nominating @Whysper for Community MVP

Nominating @Chloe for The Chloe Award That Doesn’t Actually Exist But Chloe Good™

too lazy to do writeups (arete is for upick/rwby primarily, whysper is goated in like 20 different ways, chloe is chloe)

6 Likes

second

1 Like

why do I even look through this thread anymore when my memory is so shit I can’t remember any of the games
but I want to look useful and contributing so like

I’ll second this

on the topic of chloe getting awards
chloe should probably get an award for like
managing to win against a town that had three modrevealing watchers that were also infinite hiders

second

2 Likes