FoL Feedback Thread

if you don’t, you’re doing something wrong

Scorned won
Scorned could have handed the game to either BD or NK

They handed it to BD

Which is why it was removed. Polls back showed that an overwhelming amount of players wanted it gone/reworked.

I mean, they could. It’s not mechanically incentivized though

1 Like

If you do try to solve a lot, you get nightkilled, so that’s not exactly a good idea.

This is what peak performance looks like
CMV

Survivor only works in games where you don’t have to put effort in reading and just need to wait until the most dangerous roles for you are able to be found mechanically and eliminated quickly.
like, ToS and ToL.
Or if you create your own side quests. Like ToS and ToL players do at the point of hindering their survivability.

I mean, technically you were a kingmaker. But I see nothing wrong in this.

And “create your wincon” isn’t exactly good design

At least for fool it was reworked due to all but one perfect record and it not contributing to the game much. Its goal was easy and it just hurt bd immensely. Now its has some skill involved and can be a fun class. Plus I think other than the meme votes most were open to the change

1 Like

It becomes a game where two factions don’t bother solving or lying and just beg the kingmaker to side with them. It’s frustrating as either party.

1 Like

In this case, it has mechanical incentive to push its agenda
I was just so far ahead in that game that I could conceivably scumside with no punishment to myself

Normally that’s not the case, so the role is actually a good survivor role

Solution, Macho Alch. If they claim neut they get strongmanned.

This happened in SFoL31 and it was just draining, which is why I make sure to give neutrals an agenda when I design them.

Still boring to play as
Winning is not the problem

I mean, old fool is kinda good so people actually care for which evil they execute. If you don’t care for it and just execute any evil you see, you end up the same with FoL 20.

You can’t differentiate evils unless you have an investigative class check them.

It’s kinda hard to read for exact evil because there’s not much to work off of
It can be done, but that almost necessitates associations

Why can’t you? We in ToL can do that pretty easily.

And fail like half the times.

1 Like