FoL Feedback Thread

I’m proving that you need to do something

Chaos is a necessary friend

Saying something is fun is both vague and impossible to reliably measure. And even if we could measure it that still wouldn’t justify not doing something we haven’t already tried.

Or in otherwords even if having both the scorned and devil is fun that wouldn’t mean that having just one isn’t more fun.

And just because a class is fun to play as doesn’t mean it’s fun to play against and vice versa.

That is why we use game theory and psychology to design games and not a series of polls.

Both of those can be backed up by math or science where a vague idea of “fun” cannot

3 Likes

Change “ideas”

If Alch heals a bleed, it gets informed of it + they get and additional use of steroids, alongside refreshing their passive

Merc changes (already suggested)

Prince unable to jail consecutively. Butler / Drunk can’t target the same player twice in a row

Frames now make the target appear as either the Assassin or the Cult Leader depending on the game type

Devil informed of the true flips of every player that dies.

King wins in stalemate positions (aka used grand jury already and other player can’t do anything) against all but neutral killer, Hunter, and CL without bleeds (1v1)

Poss can ‘force vote.’ Reaper gains alternate day ability that prevents a player from voting or using abilities that day.

The initial target of Demon’s funeral pyre when empowered is now bypass DI attacked.

Delete Electromancer
Add Sorc from ToL
They are occupation + redirection immune when not using Detonate

Mystic neighborizer

Priest loses secondary night ability. Gains day ability that allows dead target non-killer BD to use limited use night abilities on a one night cooldown usable on d3 afterward

Observer gains one [or two shot] shot ability (usable only on d3 afterward) that empowers their night ability to the original follow

MM foresight tracks+watches now as well

CL fanaticism now standardized. Only applies if the convert failed for any reason.

Maid has a 1 shot class type checker. Specials will appear as investigative

Pull rank only usable after not using a night ability the night before

Scorned bait and switch replaced with ability that protects a chosen one of their targets from death. Because duh

Chrono can delay deaths caused by bleed effects immediately. They will take an additional night to kill for obvious reasons.

1 Like

None of these are actual changes

They are ideas

The Mercenary

Neutral Support
Failure (Passive) - If your targets both die, you will commit suicide.
Saviour (Day) - If one of your targets is voted for execution today, take their place. - 1 use
Stand Guard (Night) - Prevent non-conversion abilities from targeting one of your targets. In addition, you are death immune this night. - 4 uses
Your objective is to ensure that at least one of your targets remains alive until the end of the game, your targets are [x] and [y].

The Mercenary’s targets will always be convertible Blue Dragon classes, Neutral Killer or starting Cult/Unseen.

Potential rework here

Disagreed. Neutrals shouldn’t be pro-Town in the first place.

Yeah, I agree that the targets should be rand’ed to prevent them picking strong targets.

I agree with this as the strategy of keeping the CL/Assassin locked down is just unfunny to play against.

Eh, keep it either Unseen/Cult-aligned and Killer type.

Agreed, more information to LWs should be added here.

This works.

How would a force vote be implemented here? I’d like to hear about how you would implement it in FoL since we vote via posts.

Agreed as NKs should be buffed.

Agreed again. Slow-burning NKs don’t work well outside of turbo.

I’d say the current Mystic is strong enough.

I don’t want to change the Priest so soon. We still haven’t seen the new Priest in play yet.

Agreed. Peek doesn’t make sense in the Obs’ kit and a merged infinite-use watcher+tracker is just too broken.

Yeah, this would make Observers claims less reliable in Unseen game, I’d agree.

Fine with me.

Eh, this feels kind of useless except in rare circumstances.

Agreed as the Noble is a bit on the strong side.

Nah, keep B&S. In FoL it’s far easier to predict night kills than ToL.

This doesn’t make Physicians obsolete, so it’s okay with me.

1 Like

Why I just threw these out

Healing bleed is anti wincon as new Alch, so add something to help make it more reasonable

Stunlocking can break the game

Feel like frames are statistically weaker in Cult games due to appearing as K/O which isn’t very damaging

It’s just for cool reasons

Standardization

Stronger NK isn’t unfair

Electromancer is kinda just there. Most people don’t use its possible existence as an argument to reason why there wasn’t a nightkill when [x] was jailed or occupied

Target’s vote doesn’t count
Second target will take one less vote to lynch

Probably overpowered but Poss needs something

Expect it isn’t the problem of the Electromancer himself, people weren’t using that much due to fact out off all NK’s, this fellow doesn’t have a basic attack ability or somethin’.

1 Like

Fair.
If we keep Electro they should have a basic attack they can use.

1 Like

It’s a situational ability with niche uses if used at the right time.
Doesn’t intrude on other class niches while still not being completely worthless

@Alice

You want to discuss this more?

I’m putting “rework Fool’s wincon” on the table, open to suggestions.
Smokescreening and creating chaos

1 Like

How about swapping penalties between Archer and Knight?

Archer after killing BD is pretty much Citizen so there wouldn’t be much difference.

It would die after marking players and it blowing up everything. (Archer)

Knight with that modifier…really strong at a glance