[FoL] Forum of Lies 28 - ENDGAME - BD + Crus win (9/18)

ToLBanner

Welcome to Forum of Lies 28 - hosted by @DatBird, @Geyde and @Napoleon

Rules

Follow the https://forum.imperium42.com/t/global-forum-discord-game-meta-rules-please-read-first/244, and the https://forum.imperium42.com/t/official-forum-mafia-and-forum-of-lies-rules/78926. Please make sure you have enough time for this game before you sign up.

Gameplay

• Days are 48 hours long or until an execution ends it, Nights last 24 hours. The first day is an exception, it lasts only 24 hours and has no execution.
  • You will be provided a DM with your classcard by the host, send your actions there.
  • Unseen/Cult will talk through a special Discord server or forum message.
  • The priest will speak with the dead through a separate Discord server or forum message.
  • All classes will be used as they are found in this thread: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/fol-class-cards-now-officially-official/1998

Executions

• To accuse someone say ā€œ/vote [player]ā€. Please make the life of the hosts easier by bolding it (by putting ** ** around it)
  • Should the votes reach the majority, that player will be executed and the day will end.
  • When the day ends, the player with the most votes will be executed.
  • Voting ā€œ/no cuddlingā€ is an option.
  • You may self vote now.

Picking a New King

• If there are less than 4 players a new king will not be selected.
  • When the king dies a 12 hour period starts. In this, players may vote in their class PM for who they want to become the next king.
  • Whoever receives the most votes in this period will be crowned king. If votes are tied, a king election will be held the next day to determine it.

Action Results

You find all possible night feedback here: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/forum-of-lies-hosting-feedback-guide/75082

Action order for Nerds

Night abilities will be processed in following order/priority:

1. Visit Prevention
  2. Occupation
  3. Targetted redirection
  4. Non targetted redirection (like Tavernkeeper)
  5. Killing
  6. Protection
  7. Miscellaneous Effects (like Bounty)
  8. Investigation 1 (Faction checks, type checks, etc)
  9. Conversion
  10. Investigation 2 (Every kind of investigation which checks for abilities used this night)

In case there are conflicts on the same level (example: two Drunks try to redirect the same player), all these conflicting effects are canceled.

(thx Geyde)

Journals

DM the host what you want on your journal. When you die, the last update to your journal will be revealed to everyone. It has a character limit of 1000 characters.

Classlist

King (65% Good, 35% Evil / Devout)
Mastermind / Cult Leader
Assassin / Random Cult
Prince
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon / Random Neutral Non-Killer
Random Neutral Non-Killer
Neutral Killer

You can find all classes here: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/fol-class-cards-now-officially-official/1998

Playerlist

1. Marswole (Marshal)
  2. Emilia I Think (Amelia)
  3. ANerd(Arete)
  4. TheOrangeElixir (TheBlueElixir)
  5. Rich of the Cs(CRichard564)
  6. Dogze (Katze) Tavernkeeper
  7. ATYesName (ATNoName)
  8. BlazerJacket (Blizer)
  9. an_gorta_porta (an gotta pratai)
  10. Jane 117 (Jane) Good King
  11. Monokuma (Alice) Court Wizard
  12. FlameKat103 (FrostWolf103) Chronomancer
  13. Hired Soldier (Mercenary) Sorcerer
  14. Haunted (Possessed) Cult Leader
  15. Tar and (Feathering)
  16. cheesedclone (clonedcheese) Sellsword
  17. Drybones (ModeShifter)
  18. bAMbI(Ami) Bulter

Backups

1. Rome (Italy)

Spectators

1. N,2 (N1)
  2. Darksin (Lightsin)
  3. Sans-streim (Anstreim)
  4. Priest of the Ess (Priestess)
  5. Vulgod (Vulgard)
  6. Asit (Astand)
  7. Pearsiini (Appelsinni)
  8. Khloe (Chloe)
  9. Detensify (Intensify)
  10. Newb (Apprentice)
  11. SirSpecsALot (Derps)

Thread Marks

SoD2
EoD2
SoD3 Just for you Ans
D4

@Chloe @Arete lock this thread.

1 Like

Day Start will be at 2020-06-07T16:00:00Z.

Good flavor not guaranteed. Blame the hosts for having the collective writing skill of post Harry Potter JK Rowling.

10 Likes

Hello everyone. This is easily the biggest table of players Iā€™ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Due to the sheer amount of people, Iā€™m bringing in DatBird and Napoleon to help me run this slugfest.

Weā€™re going to be running Curse of Strahd for this week.
Weā€™re not doing group combat in order to make sure that this mess of a setup will work well.

The woods are quiet this night, and the air grows chill. Your fire sputters as a low mist gathers around the edges of your camp, growing closer as the night wears on. By morning, the fog hangs thick in the air, turning the trees around you into gray ghosts. Then you notice these aren't the same trees that surrounded you the night before.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 7 hours.

Hey game still starts in a little less than 10 minutes, please do not post til I give ya the go ahead

2 Likes

The party, confused and weary from this sudden change of pace, ultimately come to the realization that they canā€™t return whence they came.

Jane pops up ā€œYeet. Letā€™s go to the Blood of the Wine Tavern.ā€
You donā€™t know if such a place exists yet.
ā€œFine, then letā€™s go northā€

They all run into the town meeting the people who seem almost lifeless as they barely acknowledge the group.
The self elected party King as he calls himself Jane, points the group towards the Generic Tavern Tavern. Erā€¦I mean the Blood of the Wine Tavern.
Jane states ā€œLets group up here. I knew this tavern was here cause I have played this module before.ā€
Stop fucking metagaming Jane

The tavern shares the dreary climate of the rest of the town. People in torn cloaks stick out amongst the rest of the tavern. The rest of the taverngoers mutter things that arenā€™t quite obvious under their breath.
The barkeep embodiesā€¦uhhā€¦the appearance of DatBird. He looks pretty similar, but he looks like he hasnā€™t slept in a week.

ā€œHe also has an eyepatchā€ chimes in DatBird

Yes, he also has an eyepatch.
He says that he doesnā€™t have room nor the patience to serve 18 people, but especially not Jane. He tells them that there is a place for them to get krunk.
It is Castle Barovia, which has the best wine in all of Barovia.
Hidden in Castle Barovia is the Golden Chalice, which can produce infinite wine. All they might need to do to get it is search the worn down castle.

The Party begins to discuss what they want to do and now the severe clash of having 9 people that are CN and 9 people that are other alignments is starting to show.
Who can you really trust when everybody you talk to has a tragicā„¢ backstory?

Napoleon, scrying on the party, laughs at their bickering.

2 Likes

@Jane is the King of the Party :crown:

and Day begins now and lasts for 24 hours or 2020-06-08T16:00:00Z and there will be no lynches or TPKs (team party kills)

2 Likes

Oh god oh fuck, why did it have to be me!?

1 Like

Hi, my name is katze and this is

How
To
BIG
DICK
TOWN

with your professor, katze The GOAT.

Lesson 1: HOW TO POWER JOAT LIKE A GOAT

The recipe is as follows:

katze: I am hardclaiming JOAT and hereby declare the following town strat for my second JOAT counterpart to follow -

D1) I publically claim JOAT in my first post. We watch scum squirm :3

N1) You protect me, I track someone of my choosing

D2) I out the results of my track and you role claim. If there is a counterclaim we do not lynch between you. (Scum will never shoot their d2 counterclaim on n2 because it auto implicates the other person as scum)

N2) I doc you, you watch me.

D3) We have two cleared JOATS or 1 cleared Joat and a watch result. (If D2 counterclaim is a reality, then there is a potential world where it is me dead, and 2 conflicting potential watch results to sort through which essentially gives you a 50/50 shot at scum with verifiable results upon mislynch)

N3) Either 1 Joat is dead by here or by the end of N3 both JOATS will have died but by god it will have been miraculous and Town will have plenty of information to go on.

sips tea

spits out tea

sips champagne

ahhhh, I hope my students fully grasp what they have just witnessed. The enlightened few surely do.

Lesson 2: How to create the greatest FoL opening post of all time

The recipe is as follows:

Give them something with some SOUL.

:joy_cat:

Then, you hop back on your bullshit.

Hi, my name is katze.
I am town.
Town I am.
I am not scum, no, never ever that.
Would scum say that oh yes they probably would
But not katze, they are totes lawful good

The speakers turn on and a microphone descends:

Yes, I am number one
You all are number two
Thatā€™s shit, poo poo :poop:
Boo hoo, donā€™t cry
Wipe those tears from your eyes
And know that innocent little me will never lie

Thatā€™s why I have to say Iā€™m the best player ever

Thatā€™s why I gotta say Alice wasnt better

Thatā€™s why I gotta say Areteā€™s spot was really mine

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m here this year so yā€™all can get it right

And yes I know I got a bad girl aura

And I mightā€™ve blocked Vulgard, but itā€™s bout to be HYPE

BECAUSE [CENSORED] MOTHAFUCKIN [REDACTED] IS THE BEST OF ALL TIME.

:sailboat:

Spam BOAT emojis in spec chat if you agree.

And come join me to watch me play live at twitch.tv/ Nvm mods told me I canā€™t do that sooooo oops :grimacing:

Iā€™ll just throw this down instead

katze
repping i42 https://discord.gg/tol
https://forum.imperium42.com
0-0 in MU CHAMPS GAMES.

ćƒ†ć‚£ćƒ ćƒ»ćƒ›ćƒ¼ćƒˆćƒ³ć‚¹

:sailboat:

2 Likes

Hey like please dont, we reserve big text for hosts. No more please

3 Likes

wtf kat?

Well here we go, all hail our lord Jane, sadly not noot

But seriously, Iā€™m going to try my best to lower the fluffposting Iā€™ve done in games prior. And perhaps even improve my reads.

I also canā€™t stay for too long so yay

1 Like

you cannot understand the speakings of the GOAT, puny king

(for the record: that was written before i even got my classcard ā€“ nothing about it is AI or class indicative)

ill be back later, i donā€™t intend on posting an extreme amount this game but i had to start with something

o/

Honestly, that a solid Copypasta ngl

Who knows, maybe Iā€™ll get converted to Psycho King.

1 Like

Alright.
Two things.
For first I have already told in cookie thread that I plan on adopting a new gamestyle that relies more on pondered information and longer and more cohese posts in general.
The second that due to that I will probably only reply once in a hour not considering EoD for obvious reasons, so donā€™t expect me to bait any stupid discussion.

1 Like

:eyes:

Uh huh, sure.

Alright, Iā€™m going to pull an Alice-in-Insurgency and post my pre-written wallpost on How To Not Lose For Dumb Reasons. (ā€¦hopefully this will go better than in Insurgency :upside_down_face:)

1. We are going to ensure that our posts are actually useful. Like, yes, obviously there will be occasional mild off-topic memeing. But when it takes hours just to read through and analyze one personā€™s Iso, and half their posts have no point, thatā€™s a problem. We have a thread for talking about off-topic things! itā€™s the cookie thread! Post enough content to be readable ā€“ but donā€™t post so much content as to make yourself unreadable again.

1a. Weā€™re not going to do anti-town things for no reason. If you are town, and what youā€™re doing makes it harder for everyone else to solve the game ā€“ whether thatā€™s intentionally acting wolfy because youā€™re scared of conversion, or slanking, or hyperposting ā€“ then donā€™t do it. Playing in an anti-town way as town gives the wolves places to hide. Donā€™t make it easy for them.

2. Weā€™re going to have actual reasons for thinking things, and explain those reasons. Weā€™ve had a lot of games lately where ā€˜in theory Player X could be a wolf if this ridiculously niche situation happenedā€™ somehow turned into ā€˜Player X is WOLF WOLF WOLF.ā€™ This is dumb. Also, weā€™re going to actually explain why we think things, because that (a) allows people to figure out if your reasons for thinking them are reasonable, and (b) allows people to look at your thought processes and solve your alignment.

2a. Weā€™re going to build towncores ā€“ but carefully. The problem weā€™ve had with towncores in the past isnā€™t ā€˜towncores bad,ā€™ itā€™s clearing people for dumb reasons, such as when Alice was cleared for claiming D1 Prince in FoL 27, or when I was cleared for claiming Town Lost Wolf in Anime, or when Chloe was cleared for claiming Medium in Insurgency, or when Anstreim was cleared for bussing CRich ā€¦ you get the idea. Basically, when we put people in the towncore weā€™re going to look at our actual reasons for doing this. Yes, thereā€™s still a chance that we misclear someone (I think Ans ends up miscleared for the SFoL 61.5 bus in most worlds) ā€“ but we can reduce the chances of that happening.

2b. Weā€™re going to focus on starting wolves over convert hunting. Basically all early-game convert hunting takes the form of ā€˜X is a good player, so theyā€™re probably convertedā€™ or ā€˜X was widely townread, so theyā€™re probably converted.ā€™ It ā€¦ should be obvious why executing strong, widely townread players is not a winning strategy. Waiting until the starting wolves have been eliminated has multiple advantages: it means we can actually look at associations with the flipped wolves in order to find the converts, and it ensures that the generally-more-significant threats are the ones we eliminate first (this part is more true in Unseen than in Cult games to be fair).

3. Weā€™re going to reevaluate when relevant. No, this doesnā€™t contradict either of the previous points. If weā€™re repeatedly misexeing, thereā€™s a reason for it. Your reads donā€™t have to be set in stone and eternal; tinfoiling is bad, but looking through your reasons for clearing someone and trying to legitimately evaluate why you cleared them is ā€¦ fine, and good.

4. Weā€™re not going to automatically assume that anyone who disagrees with us is a wolf. This isnā€™t actually deserving of its own bullet point, but seriously, the extent to which people, as town, chainsaw-attack correct villagers who are pushing wolves that think are town, or attack villagers who are correctly defending LHFy villagers that theyā€™re tunnelled on, is really annoying and Iā€™d like it to stop please. Instead, weā€™re going to (a) actually try to evaluate peopleā€™s thought processes instead of assuming ā€˜wrong = lockscum,ā€™ and (b) wait until after the flip to assume someone was wrong.

7 Likes