[FoL] Forum of Lies 28 - ENDGAME - BD + Crus win (9/18)

I couldn’t read Marshal 8 months before. So I am abdicating on this discussion. There was one post of his that seemed very Wolfy th

It’s not one post from Marshal that has me thinking he isn’t town, it’s his whole ISO means he is likely scum siding neutral.

Marshal’s alignment should become more clear later on.

1 Like

Marshal is very easy to read as town when he starts as town. Here I don’t get that from him, which is why I’m thinking he is neutral.

Sure it’s possible I’m misreading Marshal, yet his town pings aren’t there this game.

If my read on Marshal is correct, then a Sheriff/Paladin check will only prove he isn’t group scum.

In fact if Marshal is a killer class, then there is only one type of killer he can possibly be.

Why so shy Arete? I won’t bite you.

Come out and talk Arete. Lets not waste this day’s discussion.

looking at Modeshifter now

I’m going to divide this up into ‘Prince talk’ and ‘other things,’ also I’m only quoting the stuff that was actually AI rather than random off-topic comments/“easy” questions

the Prince Talk summary is underneath the quote collection, the Other Things summary has actual analysis embedded in it

Prince talk

this is obnoxious and actively harmful to town but I think it’s town-AI

like, groupscum would generally keep Prince hunting in their chat, and a neut/NK would generally not want to actively draw negative attention to themselves, especially for something as dumb as this – like, what motivation does a wolf have to bring this up again and again as people are yelling at them to drop it, when it doesn’t even really help them?

his read on Alice being scum because of that interaction sucks but not in a way that’s scum-AI

other things

this post was kind of meh

it’s basically ‘yes, [slightly hedgy shade]’ without really adding anything new

this one stuck out as a good post

it’s another 'scum wouldn’t be this ?attention-grabby? sort of situation, like, as scum all this is going to do is make Merc annoyed with him and it doesn’t actually advance anything (in particular I think he would know that Grand Trial can’t be used D1, since that came up in SFoL 61.5)

this set of posts could by themselves go either way but they ?seem? to fit fairly well with his progression on Jane later

this set of two posts was kind of ??? to me

like, he puts Marshal as null and says he wanted to be in Allies chat to solve his slot better

9 posts later he has Marshal as one of his top three townreads

I’m confused about what changed

these reads being anti-consensus-y is a fairly good look for Mode

in my experience as W he mostly sticks to the consensus position rather than trying to push against it and 2/3 reads here are anti-consensus

I kinda liked the multiple choice thing

it’s kind of a dumb read but I liked him being open to possibilities

(and it’s not the sort of dumb ‘trying to force you into implicate yourself’ loaded question that wolves ask sometimes, it ?seems? to actually have all the obvious possibilities)

this fits with his progression on Jane earlier

some of his comments about how even if Jane is scum they’re still useful seemed kind of meh but then I realized that even in W!Mode worlds he wouldn’t have TMI so it’s not a ‘wolf badly trying to protect a wolfbuddy’ sort of thing

anyways overall Mode is a villageread for me

there were a couple of mildly :eyes: things in his Iso but mostly it seems very townie (not good for town, mind you, but likely to indicate that he is town)

I was writing an Iso of Mode

this, shockingly, took multiple minutes to finish

How do you view my take on Marshal?

As I’ve explained before, I don’t think he is town or group scum. So he has to be neutral if those are true.

Seth is known to try to fish for town power roles as town himself. I’ve seen this before in ToS 2. So this behavior is to be expected from Seth being town here.

alright

next is cheese

this is another ‘low content, so nullish’ slot

every post cheese has made this game

the biggest thing pinging me about this slot at the moment is their progression on CRich:

like, in the span of 15 posts he goes from ‘CRich gets my vote for making activity reads’ to ‘CRich is light town he’s just annoying’ to ‘CRich is scum looking for a mislynch’ and I have no idea what’s up with his progression? like, it is not obvious how he gets from a to b to c

@clonedcheese when you get the chance it would be helpful if you walked me through your thought process when making each of these posts/what changed between them

ehhh

Marshal’s a slot I’ve been going back and forth on a lot

as of right now I’m not ready to rule out ‘town that’s playing badly’

you should rule that out

i’m the MVP of the game

moreso

what about my play has actually been “bad”

I’ve pushed u and kat mostly

from your PoV i’m wrong on you

does that even make me “bad”

kat pushed on you very slightly and you instantly jumped to ‘OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE, I AM BEING :joy_cat: BOXED IN :joy_cat:

‘THEREFORE THE ONLY POSSIBLE CONCLUSION IS THAT KAT IS A WOLF’