FoL on MU, or why science has gone too far

I’m going to be using this thread in order to compile every important fact about interactions in order to make sure an FoL game on MU could work.
There are several important things to define before I could consider posting it on there.
Namely:

• King Election
  • Frames and their interactions
  • Mind Warps and their interactions
  • Promotion systems
  • Action resolution system (I already have this nailed down)
  • Abilities that don’t work in MU (grand trial, most voting-based abilities, priest channel, warp reality)

I’m considering changing every instance of unintuitive terminology to be more friendly to MU (ex occupy would instead be roleblock)

What I might need help on is picking up on potentially confusing things that I missed

1 Like

I could see prince’s jail being confusing

I think MU has a way to revive players as treestumps :thinking:

The bot doesn’t like it that much
But it could work

How so?
I think the description given on the rolecard is fairly direct

Oh wait never mind I’m just a derp

I guess you have to clarify when guilt triggers.

King

One player will be assigned the King role.
They will be announced as the King at the start of the first day.
The King cannot be targeted by most abilities. Such abilities that can do so will be denoted in each instance.
The King can be either aligned with the Blue Dragon (The Good King), or aligned with the scumfaction present in the game (The Evil King/The Devout King).
King can’t be targeted by abilities unless they explicitly state that they can target king
If the King is somehow targeted by an investigative effect, the result will always yield King instead of other information.

When the King dies, an election lasting 18 hours will be held the next day phase, provided more than 4 players are alive at that point, in order to determine the next king.
All players will privately vote in their rolecards on who they want to be the next king.
The winner of the election (has most votes) will have their role replaced with one of a king in accordance with their alignment. Neutral roles will become specific kings based on their win conditions.
If there is a tie, then nobody will be king and an election will be held the following phase.

Frames, Tailors, and their interactions

Many abilities and passives in the game can cause certain investigative results to give false positives or false negatives.
If these negative effects conflict, abilities are taken as priority over passives.
If a player is both framed and tailored, the frame will take priority.

A framed player will peek as a member of the scumfaction currently present in game, with the Killer role typing. They will appear to visit a random player that died that night (if possible).
Investigative abilities that do not check for any of these effects will not be impacted.

A tailored player will peek as a member of the Blue Dragon with the respective role typing of their true role.
Investigative abilities that do not check for any of these effects will not be impacted.

These actually don’t exist in current FoL

i’d specify royal blood as a think in king elections IMO

It’s intuitive enough that I don’t think I should have it take up text space.
I’m trying to explain gray area things that aren’t resolved in the role cards

Why does it have to be automated

Just run it manually

I was going to run it manually
I’m not familiar with how the bot works rn

Good luck Geyde.
I mean, I can do everything relatively simply bh manual (even though reactions like GT is not immediate) but I know that you’re smart enough to figure out how to (efficiently) play FoL on MU.

1 Like

honestly manual games can run a hell of a lot
i have considered making a semi-automatic game, actually, where a lot of the stuff is run automatically but the role PMs are supressed and some of it is run manually

the idea being that it’s a normal closed setup but it’s limited by whatever I could put in the game that wouldn’t step on modbot’s toes

Running tol manually is the best test for guides actually to see if they have really understood most details of the game
Figuring out night actions was always my favorite part in hosting. My second favorite thing is to stop toxicity between players

The Unseen

Unseen

This totally-not-mafia faction relies on consistent kills and invidivually more powerful converts to disrupt the Blue Dragon, all the while trying to make sure the Mastermind does not die.
The Unseen faction cap is 3, at which no attempt to convert more can be done while it remains there.
The Mastermind is investigation immune, appearing as a Sheriff for the purposes of all investigative abilities.
The Mastermind is an integral part of the team as they enable conversion.
Whenever a player is converted into the unseen, they will become an unseen version of their respective class. These will usually have similar abilities (albeit geared more toward helping the unseen)

Promotion

If the Assassin dies, the convert (usually called the third member) will become the Assassin.
If there is no Assassin alive when a player is converted, that player will instantly become the Assassin.
Since the role does transfer, some abilities are denoted as shared. Between players, the uses will be shared.
The Mastermind can choose to become the Assassin in niche scenarios, but it is usually not recommended.
The Mastermind can only be replaced by the starting Assassin, so it’s important to make sure that their numbers aren’t permanently jipped.

The Cult

The Cult

The Cult worships the Blood God Mithras and the God of Darkness Corax.
The Cult Leader is the centerpiece of the faction, being both their converter and main factional killer.
Whenever a player is converted into the Cult, they will become a Cult role respective to their original role type (ex Alchemist would become Cabalist). Most Cult roles have similarities with the Blue Dragon roles of that typing, but there are discrepancies.

Promotion

When the Cult leader dies, the next oldest member of the Cult becomes the Cult Leader.

Action Resolution

Interactions

Natural Action Resolution conflicts between offensive abilities

1. Visit Prevention
  2. Occupation
  3. Redirection

For disputes (2+ actions on same target of same level) of the same level, cancel the effect of both if relevant (VP / Red)

Visit Prevention has higher priority than Target Swapping

What goes where?

Disputes for basic action conflicts should consult this list

When it happens:

1. Visit Prevention
  2. Occupation
  3. Redirection
  4. Target Swapping
  5. Protection
  6. Miscellaneous Effects (everything else)
  7. Killing
  8. Investigation
  9. Conversion [means that player checked on same night of conversion will appear as original role]
  10. All effects that resolve at the end of the night (Scout, Little Bird, etc)

As for abilities that probably won’t work on MU

King’s Grand Trial

• replace with 1-shot gladiate

Aristocrat’s Pull Rank (and other voting abilities)

• just delete lul

Give NKs F4 wincon (minus sorcerer) to compensate