Game mechanics discussion thread

Mech ideas you find cool/interesting? Class concepts you just thought of? Post it here so a setup designer may steal it or other players develop it.

Particularly I’ve always liked the idea of those setups that empower or debuff users depending on their positions on readslists submitted at night. There should be a name for this but idk what it is.

4 Likes

I was thinking it might be interesting if both villagers and wolves could steal abilities of the opponents they kill. So like when a wolf does the factional kill, they get the ability of the villager they killed. And if villagers correctly execute a wolf, either the first villager or random villager on the wagon gets the wolf ability. Probably need to just be 1-shot though.

4 Likes

jester

3 Likes

semi open games where town and scum can rand the same roles would be interesting

monke17 is a good, fun and balanced example of such a setup

2 Likes

Survivor

2 Likes

Lying Darkness

1 Like

every town player having an alternative wincon & they need to fuffil both

3 Likes

This is tough balance wise

Because if it has a lot of VTs or really any Vanilla roles, then suddenly the rand can be super extremely wolf or town sided

And if it’s rolemadness then uh
:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:
(Becomes mech hell)

If you like Dad17 I guess you’d like the format but uh

That setup is kind of a meme

i was in fact joking about running a similar setup to mom17

i havent actually tried it yet so i cant recommend it

the solution is just to run the setup as a BoTF

Just run another Things game 4Head.

something something marson

I’ve played in one marson and I’m still surprised I managed to endgame as scum.

By the way, I’ll be willing to play another Things game if that is run sometime in the next months.

tbqh I don’t know if this forum can actually handle a thing game integrity-wise

I know most of the problems we faced in OG thing game sprouted from seth and leafia but even without those factors it prob wouldn’t work super well

1 Like

Oh yeah that was a facepalm moment.
I was thinking “Stop talking right now”.

i mean anon games worked fine

i’m pretty sure the only integrity breach in cat girl jester nightless was caused by me and im an outlier who should not be counted

and then theres sfol 64 i think but that was just pepega so that game doesnt count either

ok maybe you have a point

Thing Game flashbacks

Put a warning before the game begins that integrity issues will be taken seriously?

Like, when compared to other sites such as MU or MS this site treats integrity issues in an extremely lax manner.

probably because we keep breaking them

still havent figured out why they made a subsection for us

1 Like