Inquisitor/Sorcerer rework (mostly Inquisitor)

The idea is to make Sorc and Inquisitor more like 2 NK’s.

Sorcerer :shield: :crossed_swords:

Neutral Killer
Passive 1: Mage armor - Immune to Occupy, Redirect, Death, bleed and Poison.
Passive 2: Rivalry - Magic missile will no longer have a cooldown once the Inquisitor is dead.

Day Ability 1: Power shot - Magic missile will pierce night Immunity tonight. (3 uses)
Day Ability 2: Aura Read - Learn target player’s class type (4 uses)

Night Ability 1: Magic missile - Kill target player. If you would fail to kill them you will not do anything. (Unlimited. 1 day cooldown)
Night Ability 2: Circle of death - Kill everyone visiting your target. Bypasses death immunity. Unusable until D3. (2 uses)

Inquisitor :shield: :crossed_swords:

Neutral Killer
Passive 1: No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! - You are death, poison and bleed immune and your abilitys don’t count as visits.
Passive 2: Rivalry - If the Sorcerer is killed then Ruthless Efficiency won’t have a cooldown.

Day Ability 1: Find Magic - Find out if target player is a magic user at the start of the night. (Unlimited)
Day Ability 2: Holy hand grenade - Target player will die at the end of the next night. Bypasses everything exept healing. Does not notify the target. (2 uses)

Night Ability: Ruthless Efficiency - Kill target player. If they are a magic user this will not go on cooldown. (Unlimited. 1 day cooldown)

They both have the Wincon to kill all other factions and turn into Psycho King’s if they step up (they still need to kill each other if they do however).

8 Likes

I love this idea.

Suggestion: Both should have no allies. They should all be against Unseen/Cult, BD, and each other.

Other than that, perfect. I should add this to the master rework.

1 Like

Actually this would fix the whole unbalance the cat and mouse game they have

1 Like

Yup. And it would keep the interaction itself.

1 Like

For once i like a rework suggestion on those 2

3 Likes

Btw if you are curious why the Sorcerer has more methods of getting past immunitys:

Sorcerer KPN - 0.5 + 1
Inquisitor KPN - 0.5 + 2

Rampage attacks kill an average of 0.5 people per use. This can be outweighed with skill but so could the ToS WW KPN and you don’t see him killing 4 people in a single night usually.

Is the Inquisitor’s “Holy Hand Grenade” a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

1 Like

Obviously

2 Likes

We need this in ToL now

1 Like

However I feel like Magic Cloak should be taken out and put in with a limited use check class type, maybe 4 uses.

Fixed: Must kill all members of the other main factions in order to win. (Main Factions include Blue Dragon, Unseen, Cult, Neutral Killers)

I think the names of the abilities could use some work, but other than that, perfect.

2 Likes

I will disagree with this rework… has this will give BD, two neutral killers to deal with, when ever they are in the game. which you could swign the game in favor of the unseen or of the Cult.

Also, the BD would have to find, and kill both of them to win, and do we really need games with TWO neutral killers ?

I agree the interaction between the sorc and inq must be fixed, but this is a wrong solution.

Each is but half a NK, and they must face each other.

I think the rivalry ba dum dum is what balances it out.

They must not only fight the Unseen/Cult and BD, but also the other one.

a Problem is that no of them as any correct way of killing each other, except their limited abilities

Also, since both of them are NK, they could temporary unite agaisnt the BD, in order to force the last BD to choose between one of the NK, ensuring that at least 1 nk win and the bd loses.

@Audreyaloy

There are cooldowns on the main killing abilities. While there is an alternative killing method, making these killers collectively more powerful, you have to look at it not only from the perspective of the Blue Dragon.

They’re against each other
They have no incentive to let a mere BD choose who wins, that’s a stupid idea
Cult and Unseen are going to have a bad time, but a manageable one (most of the time, it will be like there’s one killer)
None of the Killers will get to maximum power until the other one is dead.
Incentive to prioritize killing each other early.
Sorc is no longer with evils, so evils will not get off easy
Inq is no longer with BD, so BD can’t just decimate the Cult and say goodnight

Also, other than killing slightly faster than Possessor and Reaper, they have no advantages. In fact, each of the killers will probably split their winrate in two.

They have to kill BD, Unseen/Cult, AND each other.

A game with these two will be chaos, but it will not be impossible. It will be harder for everyone to win. It’ll be fine.

@NightX chime in if you can, I don’t know if all this is exactly the message you want to convey.

3 Likes

The limited abilities are for killing each other. Of course, they could also try to influence the Blue Dragon to lynch their rival, but Powershot and Holy Hand Grenade are good enough methods of elimination.

Why would you ever unite? If you know who the other one is, you want to eliminate them since you can’t win with them.

If there are ever the Sorcerer and Inquisitor at night with knowledge of the other, both would kill each other.

1 Like

(and besides, if they ever did unite, it’s literally just one NK with two votes)

((and they’ll backstab each other the night after anyway))

Would it be better to call this “Enchantment” or “Magic Spell?” or something? Powershot sounds like you’re throwing a barrel or something.

I think 2 rival NKs are much better than NK vs neutral BD ally. Love this.

I already explained to, to force the last BD or the cult or to become the losing kingmaker.
wether this king maker choose the Inc or the Sorc, he will always lose.
NK with two votes, is not something we need…

yeah, editing because I read power shot.

Also, in my experience from ToS, rivals neutral Killers, in that rivals used to unite for a certain time. they only vote each other, when they think that move will open them a path to victory. Hoverer ToS stopped from using rival in ranked for a long time.

If you assume that (Somehow) they both know each other N1 then the Inquis and Sorcerer are actually in a centipede game.

Basically if they both cooperate until the very end (say its D11 for examples sake) then they both get a 50% chance of winning.

However if inqui kills the sorc on N10 then they will have a 100% chance of wining. The Sorc will have a 0% chance of wining, in order to stop that they will have to kill the inquis N9, this won’t give her a 100% chance of winning but it is better than 0%. Since this is known before hand the Inquis will stop her by killing her N8.

This logic continues until they both correctly conclude that they should kill each other N2 (they can’t N1).

1 Like