[MISC] Coup Thread B - Nerbins Wins (1/6)

The year is 20XX, corrupt governments fight and seize each other for power and wealth across the globe. In the midst of this chaos, government officials, backed up by the influence of certain factions, strategically try to eliminate opposing governments in an attempt to ensure their government to be the last one standing…

Welcome to Coup, a card/board game based around lying, deceit and bluffing, hosted by @Intensify

This is the thread for players in Playerlist B

You will be pitted up against 1 to 7 other players, in a race to be the last one standing. However along the way, you must find a way to trick others into believing your lies, while at the same time ensuring that others do not manipulate you into believing their lies.

This version of Coup is basically the original version, with 2 cards I made that are based off of Kickstarters exclusives, to spice things up a little for those familiar with the game.

Setup + The Deck

Each player starts with 2 Influence Cards drawn from the deck and 2 coins.

The Influence Cards will be only visible to you and nobody else.

The deck consists of 3 copies of each unique card.

So the deck would look like this:

3 Duke cards
3 Assassin cards
3 Captain cards
3 Ambassador cards
3 Contessa cards
3 Graverobber cards
3 Inquisitor cards

The deck will contain in total 21 cards.

Setup can be modified and expanded if for some reason more than 8 players want to play.

Cards/Characters

The cards you draw at the start of game (your Influence Cards) will allow you to perform special actions during your turn and possibly block other actions. You may declare to have one of these cards in order to perform the corresponding actions. These cards are:

Duke - Gain 3 coins. Block Foreign Aid.
Assassin - Pay 3 coins to make a player of your choice lose an Influence Card.
Captain - Steal 2 coins from another player. Block stealing against you.
Ambassador - Draw 2 cards from the top of the deck. You may exchange any of your alive cards with the cards drawn. Return 2 cards back at the end to the bottom of the deck.
Contessa - Block an assassination attempt or stealing against you.
Graverobber - When a player loses and has no more cards, you may claim Graverobber. After claims and challenging, the coins are split among Graverobber claim(s) (rounded down).
Inquisitor - Gain 2 coins. Look at the top and bottom cards of the deck.

Gameplay

Turns will take place in the order of the player list from top to bottom.

During your turn, state your action and the character claimed (if applicable) with a :exclamation: or putting it in green.

For example:

You are allowed to bluff to have any card in the game and you may claim to have that card in order to do the card’s special action. You may also bluff to have any card as well for blocking an action. However, there is a risk to bluffing any card known as challenging (which will be explained later on).

For example:

Certain actions can be blocked by other cards. For example, a Captain may block a steal from another Captain attempting to steal 2 coins from them. When you wish to block an action, state whichever card you claim and the block with a :shield: or in red.

Each player is attempting to eliminate the Influence Cards of all the other players. These cards are unknown to the other players, and players may bluff on their claims.

When a player loses an Influence Card, they choose which card to reveal. It no longer provides any use to the player and does not return to the court deck.

When a player loses all their Influence Cards, they are exiled and removed from the game.

The last player standing is the winner.

Challenging

Whenever a player claims to have a card along with its action or block, you may challenge the claim. When a player challenges another player, they are basically telling the other player that they don’t believe their claim and think that they are bluffing.

Anyone may challenge a claim made by a player during that player’s turn.

To challenge someone, post whoever you want to challenge with a :crossed_swords: or in blue.

For example:

When a claim is challenged, the challenge process will happen.
During this process, there are 2 different players, The Challenger and The Accused.
The Challenger is the person who is accusing the person of lying and The Accused is the person who is… well being accused of lying.
The Accused beings by revealing a card.
If the card is the correct card they claimed to have, The Challenger loses a card and the action goes through. The Accused shuffles the card they revealed to the deck and draws a new one from the top of the deck.
If the card is the wrong card they claimed to have, The Accused loses a card and the action is negated and does not happen.

For example:

Keep in mind that any claim of beholding a certain card can be challenged by anyone. This includes claims during blocks.

Actions and Blocks

Here is the list of all actions you may claim on your turn. Notice that there are 3 actions that do not require you to claim a specific card in order to perform. These are Income, Foreign Aid and Coup. These are actions that may be performed by anyone as long as the requirements are met and can not be challenged since no claim of having a certain card is presented.

Keep in mind that you must perform an action during your turn and you cannot no-action.

Income - Gain 1 coin.
Foreign Aid - Gain 2 coins.
Coup - Pay 7 coins to host a coup against a player, making them lose an Influence Card. This cannot be stopped. You are forced to Coup at 10 coins.
Duke - Gain 3 coins.
Assassin - Pay 3 coins to make a player of your choice lose an Influence Card.
Captain - Steal 2 coins from another player.
Ambassador - Draw 2 cards from the top of the deck. You may exchange any of your alive cards with the cards drawn. Return 2 cards back at the end to the bottom of the deck.
Inquisitor - Gain 2 coins. Look at the top and bottom cards of the deck.

Cards can also of course block other actions.

Duke - Block Foreign Aid.
Captain - Block stealing against you.
Contessa - Block an assassination attempt or stealing against you.

When a player dies, you may claim Graverobber. After claims and challenging, the coins is split among the Graverobber claims.

Discussion and Deals

Anytime during the game, you may talk in the thread unless otherwise specified by the host to shut up. You are allowed to talk about anything as long as it follows the guidelines and general rules. bluffing, talking about food, questioning other claims (but not actually challenging them with a :crossed_swords: or in blue), cat pics, making alliances and self voting + ateing, those are all allowed, so have fun.

All discussion must be held in the game thread. You are not allowed to create private PMs to make deals or talk privately to another player.

You may also not show cards, give cards, give coins or anything else similar to this to other players. All your possessions are yours and cannot be given away for free.

Time Limit

The time limit for your turn to perform an action is 24 hours. If you do not perform an action by the end of this, I will automatically default your action to Income. If you have 10 coins, it will be defaulted to Coup on a random player instead.

When an action is declared, there will also be a 24 hour period where players may challenge the claim, block it or pass into the next turn. By the end of this 24 hour period, the action will pass through unless otherwise proven to be fake via a challenge.

For whatever reason, if you wish to expand this time limit for a specific action, ping me and I will do so

In order to pass, post /pass in the game thread.

When a player dies, there will be a free 24 hour period for players to claim Graverobber or to pass.

Feel free to ask any questions, I will answer them.

Playerlist B

1. EliThePsycho
  2. BlueStorm
  3. Twil1ght
  4. Nerbins
  5. Wazza
  6. Gorta

Playerlist A

1. Whysper
  2. PokemonKidRyan
  3. Apprentice
  4. Jane
  5. Solic

Threadmarks

Round 1 Begins
Round 2 Begins
Round 3 Begins
Round 4 Begins
Round 5 Begins

Don’t speak here yet. Game starts at 2021-03-23T21:00:00Z just like the game for Playerlist A.

Six officials working for very different government of unique ideals and policies walk into a room…

It seems two people made it early and are having a very fascinating conversation.

Greetings, my friend… I’m very glad you could make it here.
Hey wait aren’t we missing a couple people?
Ah yes that… I gave them a false address.
Wait what, why?
You see, I rigged the building with bombs that’ll detonate soon enough in about 3 hours.
Woah, a little overkill don’t you think?
Well it removes half of my opponents and doesn’t leave much evidence behind afterwards. All is fair in politics and war.
I suppose… perhaps my Graverobber buddy might be interested.
Oh? You have a Graverobber backing you up? Very… interesting..”

Game B has begun! You may all speak. Round 1 starts.

Currently it is Eli’s turn. @EliThePsycho declare an action please.

Ping List

@EliThePsycho
@BlueStorm
@Twil1ight
@Nerbins
@Wazza
@an_gorta_pratai

Game B Overview

Player Card 1 Card 2 Coins
Eli ??? ??? 2
BlueStorm ??? ??? 2
Twilight ??? ??? 2
Nerbins ??? ??? 2
Wazza ??? ??? 2
Gorta ??? ??? 2

All of you are good people

:exclamation: I use Foreign Aid

Eli calls for Foreign Aid! You may all choose to pass and let the action through or claim Duke to block the Foreign Aid.

/pass
if applicapble

You’re the one doing the action… you don’t need to respond…

1 Like

/pass

Nerbins passes

/pass

Gorta passes

/pass

Wazza passes

Hey Blue you won’t

@Twil1ight @BlueStorm
this is your time to shine

You’re right, I won’t.

Won’t stand for this, I mean.

:shield: I claim Duke and I block your Foreign Aid.

1 Like