[MISC] Shortnight 3: Chloe's Revenge - SIGNUPS CLOSED (9/9)

Clouds roll in over Forum of Lies, engulfing this sleepy forum and its superstitious inhabitants in foreboding shadow. Freshly-washed shitposts dance eerily on lines strung between cottages. Chimneys cough plumes of salt into the air. Exotic scents waft through integrity breaches in windows and under doors, as hidden DanganRonpa signups lay bubbling. An unusually warm Championship season breeze wraps around vine-covered walls and whispers ominously to those brave enough to walk the cobbled signup threads.

Anxious mothers call their joycats home from play, as thunder begins to clap on the horizon. If you listen more closely, however, noises stranger still can be heard echoing from the neighboring cookie thread. Under the watchful eye of a looming monastery, Chloe skips from doorway to doorway. Those who can read the signs know that there isā€¦

Undeclared Hydra Brewing

Ahem sorry not sure what happened thereā€¦

Those who can read the signs also know there isā€¦

Another Shortnight game oh dear jesus christ, son of the blessed madonna and bringer of all the saints on Earth. - Flavor by GGhana (please do not associate Intensify with this flavor at all I did not write this save me)

Character Lists

Townsfolk:
Weā€™re playing trouble brewing with a Legion today, may god have mercy on your poor souls.

Investigator: You start knowing that one of two players is a particular Minion.
Washerwoman: You start knowing that one of two players is a particular Townsfolk.
Librarian: You start knowing that one of two players is a particular Outsider (or that no Outsiders are in play).
Monk: Each night (not the first), select a player (not yourself); they are safe from the Demon tonight.
Soldier: You are safe from the Demon.
Mayor: If you are killed at night, another player might die instead. If there is no execution when only three players remain, good wins.
Chef: You start the game knowing how many pairs of evil players there are (evil players next to each other in the player list)
Empath: Each night, you learn how many of your living neighbours next to you on the playerlist are evil
Fortune Teller: Each night, select two people; you will learn if one of them is the Demon. One good player is the ā€œRed Herringā€ and will register as Demon to you.
Slayer: Once per game during the day, publicly select a target. If they are the Demon, they die.
Virgin: The first time you are nominated, your accuser will instead be executed if they are Townsfolk.
Ravenkeeper: If you die at night, wake to select a player; you learn their character.
Undertaker: Each night, you learn which character died by execution today.

Outsiders:
Butler: Each night, choose a player (not yourself): tomorrow, you may only vote if they are voting too.
Drunk: You think you are a Townsfolk, but the ability that you think you have instead malfunctions.
Recluse: You might register as evil & as a Minion or Demon, even if dead.
Saint: If you die by execution, your team loses.

Minions:
Poisoner: Each night, choose a player; their ability malfunctions tonight and tomorrow day.
Spy: Each night, you see the Grimoire. You might register as good & as a Townsfolk or Outsider, even if dead.
Baron: There are extra Outsiders in play. [+2 Outsiders]
Scarlet Woman: If more than five players are alive and the Demon dies, you will become the Demon.

Demons:
Chloe: Each night (not the first), choose a player: they die. If you kill yourself this way, a Minion becomes the Chloe.
Undeclared Hydra: Each night (not the first night), a player might die. Executions fail if only evil voted. You register as a Minion too. [Most players are Undeclared Hydra]

The Basics

This game is designed for a variable number of players, and thus the composition of the game is able to change depending on how many players join. The following list denotes the standard composition of the game at each possible player count.

Total Players: Townsfolk/Outsiders/Minions/Demons
5: 3/0/1/1
6: 3/1/1/1
7: 5/0/1/1
8: 5/1/1/1
9: 5/2/1/1
10: 7/0/2/1
11: 7/1/2/1
12: 7/2/2/1
13: 9/0/3/1
14: 9/1/3/1
15: 9/2/3/1

Every character in-game is unique in that more than one of the same character will never appear at the start of the game (there can never be two Chefs at the start, for example). The demon starts knowing 3 not in-play characters, and their minions. The minions start knowing their demon but do not learn 3 in play characters.

Certain characters may contain parts of their ability which modify the game setup; some add character types (and subtract others to compensate), while others change elements of the game entirely. Be sure to take notice of these. Youā€™ll find them in [square brackets], like those ones.

Phase Length

Each day phase will last for no longer than 48 hours.
12 hours: Discussion phase. Nominations may not be cast at this time.
12 hours: Nomination phase. Players who wish to nominate may do so at this time, and votes may begun to be cast during this time as well.
24 hours: Vote finalization. During this time, votes may be cast freely on any existing nomination, but no new nominations may be made. Once this time ends or all votes have been locked in, the day will resolve.

The night phase will last for no more than 24 hours. If all relevant actions have been submitted and processed, Storytellers reserve the right to begin the next day early.
Storyteller

The Storyteller is the key moderator for the game; All ability uses at night must be sent to the Storyteller via private message, and Storyteller will have the final say on any open-ended ability behaviors. Storytellerā€™s goal is to keep the game both fun and balanced, and theyā€™ll often be trying to make it last as long as possible; however, the Storyteller may not alter any existing rules to accomplish this.

The Fabled

The Fabled arenā€™t really characters so much as special modifiers that the Storyteller can put in play to tweak the game. For example, the Angel can be put into play to help keep newer players from being targeted, or the Buddhist can be put into play to keep the more experienced players from dominating the discussion. Fabled will always be announced when they are in play, along with their effect upon gamestate. A breakdown of Fabled characters can be found below.

Angel: Something bad might happen to whomever is most responsible for the death of a new player.
Buddhist: Veteran players may not speak for the first six hours of the day phase.
Doomsayer: If more than four players live, each living player may publicly invoke the Doomsayer once per game to cause a player of their own alignment to die.
Fiddler: Once per game, at night, the Demon secretly chooses a player of an opposing alignment; All players then choose which of these two wins the game.
Hellā€™s Librarian: Something bad might happen to whomever speaks when the Storyteller calls for silence.
The following Fabled character must be added before the game begins; please speak to the Storyteller if you wish to see it added.
Revolutionary: Two neighboring players are known to be the same alignment. Once per game, one of them may register falsely.

Malfunctioning

The primary source of interference with abilities in this game is the malfunction. A class that is malfunctioning is not told that they are malfunctioning; if the character is one that gathers information, then the information they receive that night is arbitrary (open-ended, Storyteller may resolve at their discretion), otherwise, the malfunctioning characterā€™s ability simply does not have any effect.
Nominations and Voting

Voting

Once the discussion phase has ended, the Storyteller will formally announce the opening of the nomination phase. Players must be nominated before they may be voted on that day. Each player may only be nominated once per day, and each player may only nominate once per day.
When a nomination is opened, the storyteller begins to track votes for that nomination. The players may precast votes, but the votes will lock in a clockhand format. Starting with the player below the nominee on the list, and working downwards, the votes will be locked if they are cast. As an example, take the following five players;

Alex
Brianna
Cameron
Derek
Ellen

Brianna is nominated. Cameronā€™s vote will be locked as soon as he places it, because he is the first person below Brianna on the list. Derek may cast his vote before Cameron, and may alter his vote if Cameron has not yet voted, but once Cameron has voted and had his vote locked, Derekā€™s vote will be the next to lock, and if it is placed when Cameronā€™s vote locks, then Derekā€™s vote will lock as the vote cast by Derek at that time.
Any votes that are not cast by EoD will be considered votes to pardon. If the count of votes to execute is more than half of the number of living players (not half+1, thatā€™s an important distinction), and is the highest count of votes against any player that day, the accused will be considered ā€œabout to dieā€. At the end of the day or when all votes on all nominations have been cast, the player who is ā€œabout to dieā€ will be executed. If there is a tie between two or more players for the highest count of votes, the day will end with no execution. The Storyteller may only declare an early end to voting if it is no longer possible to tie or exceed the highest nomination.

Whispers

Players may whisper each other in-game through private messages. Whispers must, however, be publicly announced, typically by requesting permission to whisper (a standard format is /whisper [Player]). Whispers to your neighbors (those seated next to you) do not have to be announced. Once a whisper has been declared and accepted, the two players may whisper via private message until one of them speaks publicly in the game chat, at which point the whisper is considered over and the players must declare whispers again if they wish to whisper.

Death

When a player dies, nothing is revealed about their character and they are allowed to stay in the game and speak. They may not nominate and they will have only one vote token (this will allow them to cast a vote to execute) for the entire game. Evil players who die may thus continue to help their allies by keeping up their claim and spreading misinformation, and good players may similarly help their allies by retaining relevant info that others may have forgotten in the heat of the game. Once a player dies, their ability stops working, which means that a player killed before they would perform their ability will not perform their ability, and any ability with a persistent effect will end upon the playerā€™s death.

Victory

Good wins by eliminating all Demons (Minions do not necessarily need to die for Good to win, but eliminating Minions can be helpful). Evil wins by reducing the game to two living players (irrespective of either playerā€™s alignment). The Storyteller may also declare a victory for Evil if Good may no longer possibly win (for example, if only evil players are left alive and thus no one would nominate the Demon). Certain class abilities may present alternate routes to victory; these classes, if able to appear, will be made known on the class list. In the event of a tie (both teams would win simultaneously), Good wins.

Travellers

Travelers are special and powerful characters with different rules than normal citizens.

Traveler characters are publicly known. If a player joins the game as a Judge, for example, everyone knows that they are the Judge.
Traveler alignments are unknown. Because Traveler characters are known, the question regarding them becomes which side theyā€™re playing for. Travelers are more likely to be good than evil; general practice is that one in three Travelers is evil, but it is possible for there to be only one Traveler in a game and that Traveler to be evil. Evil Travelers will be told who the Demon is when they enter play; Good Travelers will be told nothing. The Demon and Minions will not be told if a Traveler is good or evil.
Traveler players may join or leave the game at any time. This game is designed for live play, and the Travelers are designed to accommodate players who arrive late or must leave early. If you would like to play, but cannot join at game start or do not think that you can stay around for the end of the game, then you may consider playing as a Traveler character instead of a normal citizen. However, I will not allow Traveler players to sub out (since the nature of their character is designed for them to simply leave if they cannot play), and if a Traveler player has left the game, they may not rejoin later. I will additionally ask that players who would consider joining as Travelers after the game has started notify me of this before the start of the game; I will compile a list of these potential Travelers and people not on this list by the start of the game will not be allowed to join as a Traveler. If a player wishes to join an in-progress game as a Traveler, I may bar them from choosing certain characters.
Travelers with a night ability act before any citizens. Their abilities will be resolved absolutely first.
Travelers are not executed; they are exiled. An exile is different from an execution in a few key ways.
-An exile is not considered an execution, meaning that a game can see the exile of a Traveler and an execution in the same day.
-An exile is not affected by any abilities affecting nomination, voting or execution.
-An exile may be called for at any time, by anyone, even if that player is presently unable to nominate, and a player who calls for the exile of a Traveler may still nominate if they have not already.
-Dead players may vote on the exile of a Traveler, and they do not spend their ghost vote to do so.
-And finally, a simple majority vote is all that is required to exile a Traveler. However, I will houserule that no more than one exile may occur per day.
Traveller Characters

Gunslinger - Each night* Choose to use your ability. if you do, choose a player who voted to execute on the first nomination of the previous day; They die
Scapegoat: If a player of your alignment is executed, you might be executed instead.
Beggar: You must use ghost votes to vote. A dead player may give you their ghost vote (this renders them unable to vote); if they do so, you learn their alignment.
Bureaucrat: Each night, choose a player (not yourself); that playerā€™s votes to execute count as three votes tomorrow.
Thief: Each night, choose a player (not yourself); that playerā€™s votes to execute will count negatively tomorrow.

The player list can be found below; just ping myself or Leafia or GGhana with /in and the seat you want (if you dont choose I pick one for you.).

Playerlist -

1: thepigeonnyc (Bureaucrat)
2:
3: PokemonKidRyan
4: Gorta
5: clonedcheese
6:
7: Aelin
8: Amelia
9: Wazza (Gunslinger)
10: ElithePsycho
11:
12:
13: Marluxion
15:

Spectators -

Katze

Backups -

Seems like this can only go great.
/in

Look guys itā€™s just Trouble Brewing

What can go wrong

You know, I happen to be free this week. If anyone is willing to BotF VI, I would gladly

Nice. The first in of the day. What seat do you want?

reee you posted the wrong op intensify

this is what happens when I go away for 5 seconds

boy you said this was the right one.

He also just wikified it

Edit in the new OP

Lucky 7ā€™s ^-^

the * means they donā€™t act on the first night

I donā€™t care

Iā€™m still whining

Baaaaaased

Iā€™m going to just wait for everyone to ask about the apparent thing

Oh travellers are allowed? /bureaucrat

edit it yourself

I got injected and Iā€™m on my phone and Iā€™m tired

I donā€™t have your new OP smh

even though I think someone fixed it already

clocktower character design is my passion

Itā€™s the best character in the game

I donā€™t get how the UH works, can someone explain?