Murder Mystery Smalltown

after the tepid reception of big town mash I have decided to experiment with the formula a bit, this is the result

Two teams

Guilty (informed minority, included Accomplices and the Culprit)

Innocent (Uninformed Majority)

There is a Culprit: The host decides how they are determined, and it is announced at the start of the game.

α: Culprit is picked by the Accomplices at pre-game, and they do not join scum chat

β: The host randomly picks the culprit along with the Accomplices, the culprit joins scum chat.

γ: 3 accomplices are randed, they decide amongst themselves which of them they would like to be the Culprit

Guilty Players win if they reach parity with the Innocents with the Culprit alive

Innocent players win if the Culprit dies

Roles:

2 Neighbours

1-Shot Reviver (a revived player will not have their alignment learned by the Coroner the night they died, the game will not end if an accomplice Reviver still has a use of their ability)

Strongman Ninja Doctor

Alien

2-shot commuter

Redirector

Coroner

Even-Night Bus Driver

Roleblocker

Tree Stump

Universal Backup (will inherit all shots of abilities)

Events:

Events are similar to mash events, at least one will happen in a game. No events will cause deaths (no B O A T S sorry for the disappointment )

Event prizes will be one shot of one of these possible abilities:

Watch

Track

Vigilante

Cop

Ninja

Strongman Vigilante

Bus Drive

Redirect

Roleblock

Poison (can be healed by doctor)

Doctor

Jailkeep

Commute

Events and event prizes are predetermined at the start of the game. Events will be announced either at End of Day or at the Start of Day, events can be submitted doing whatever is necessary to enter in your class card.

which of these suck the least

I’ll pick that one

I’ll probably go with Alpha even if it can be gamed mostly because having the Flagbearer be a slot that’s always yeeted would suck

actually wait

just had a genius idea

Which of these sucks the least because if there’s one that obviously sucks less I’ll just pick that one

Also should it be announced which method of picking the culprit is chosen

more like…
Good wins if all Demons are dead.

y suck the least

I think you meant to say gamma

i don’t know greek

Neither do I

3 Likes

Isn’t the vase concept Save The King?

why

I agree with Eli, gamma sucks the least

Modposter is fun

plus it sucks about as much as a neighbourizer

but a modposter in smalltown does nothing

No it doesn’t

It just posts messagss they wrote during the night for all players to see during the day

by this i mean
having a modrevealed modposter is useless

No it isn’t

If they die at night they can post their thoughts before they die

I could change it to a death activated Modposter if you really want but that seems silly

they can fps redchecks and not be held accountable until postgame :flushed:

give it some extra perks like strongman/ninja/ascetic because its useless as a wolf right now

fair point actually

maybe I should change it to a tree stump

this
the more roles that are useless for mafia in smalltown the greater the chance the rand is unbalanced

it’s not easy to exclusively have roles that benefit mafia as well as town but like
this one really is easily avoidable

2 Likes