Mystic and Illusionist Rework

The Mystic :star:
Blue Dragon Social

Passives:
Conduits: Players you have linked have access to a private chat with you. You will keep this passive as long as your class doesn’t change to King.
Busy Mind: You are immune to occupation and redirection. Keep this passive when your class changes.

Day:
Link Minds (inf use): Link your mind with a player at the end of the day, allowing them to talk to you at all times afterwards. You cannot have more than 2 players linked at once.

Night:
Reject (inf use): Release a player from your conduit.
Clear Gaze (2 use): Make all investigatives bypass frames tonight. Cannot be used twice in a row.

The Illusionist :star:
Unseen Social

Passives:
Conduits: Players you have linked have access to a private chat with you. You will keep this passive as long as your class doesn’t change to King.
Busy Mind: You are immune to occupation and redirection. Keep this passive when your class changes.

Day:
Telekinetic Wall (3 use): Make a player believe they were occupied tonight. Their ability will still succeed. (occ rules apply)
Mental Force (3 use): Make a player believe they were redirected to their final target tonight. (deb rules apply)

Night:
Mindwarp (inf use): Target player will receive framed results from using investigative abilities tonight.
Mental Gymnastics (inf use): Examine the logbooks of your linked players.

And I guess a small Apostle change too:
Apostle Telepathy replaced with Trollbox (2 use).

1 Like

Day chat could get kinda chaotic, but k then
We’ll see how this goes

Librarian vibes. But well, this doesn’t really solve the core problem of mystic, in that it’s just used as an IC. Also day chat. Granted, I think it works BETTER than current mystic, in that it can foster Conduit more easily.

K then

This ability seems amazing on paper, but all it really does is screw over scorned, fool, and the occasional aristocrat. Unless it also includes mind warps, in which case add apostle. Countering frames isn’t really necessary, and it’s omniscient so fweh

Real talk? This mystic doesn’t need occ immunity. Both of its night abilities presumably happen at the end of the night, and wouldn’t cause issues with occing.

Illusionist

Still probably doesn’t need occ immunity but k then

These are actually pretty interesting. One problem though is that the false occ is just better since false redirect always makes them think it’s their final night target.

K then

This ability is pretty unnecessary considering people are probably going to just post logs in the network anyway. Would maybe replace with Mystic’s Reject?

I’d replace it with Telekinetic Wall tbh

1 Like

It’s a different tab, like current Mystic Link.
Granted you would need to cycle between tabs if you were to use it, but the day chat is more like a more private whisper than anything.

It does. Warps are a frame after all.

Just kept the current passive. Actually, you could probably screw over the Mystic if you redirected him to the Prince or someone on a Reject night. Might consider removing the passive honestly.

Options and more claim potential. Also any same target redirect can become suspicious because of this.

Cult has access to occupation so I deemed that unnecessary.

How does the fake occupy interact with feedback?

Intresting idea but I feel like Illusionist will get outed pretty easily still if they don’t use reject