Neutral class: royal guard

the royal guard is loyal to the starting king, having the same victory conditions as him. However, he does not know what the kings victory conditions are at the start of the game.

passive: loyal lowborn: if the starting king was neutral and dies, you will kill yourself. you cannot whisper to the king. if the king dies, you cannot step forward to become the next king.

passive: secret tunnels: you can see the prisoner’s/prince’s conversation at night, though you will not know who the prisoner is (their name will be shown as “prisoner”)

day: off with his head (1) - target player who is accusing the king will immediately die in front of everyone else, and everyone will be informed you are the royal guard.

day: torture (2) - you and the king will immediately be informed of target player’s class, unless they are death immune, in which case only you will be informed that they are death immune (reaper is shown as death immune only if he has no souls left)

night: crossbow (1) - attack target character. if they are the prince, princess, or duchess, the attack will not go through.

night: intimidate (2) - target player will not be able to speak the following day, except as whispers to the king.

uh

1 Like

Also are we gonna ignore how this class has THREE different confirms

1 Like

I think the idea of a Neutral Royal Guard is intriguing. I’m not so sure about the execution done here.

Allow me to throw in a revised version, just to see how it settles.

Royal Guard - Neutral Offensive

Win condition - See the starting king survive until the end.

Passive - Long live the king - Whenever a player is elected king, if you elected this player, your win condition changes to see that player survive until the end.

Day ability - Silence (2 charges) - Target player is silenced for 20 seconds.

Day ability - Guard Influence (1 charge) - Decide an accused player’s fate (including your own). If used while you are accused, you will be pardoned.

Night ability - Night Guard (inf. charges) - Target player becomes death immune for the night. Learn the classes of everyone who targets your target. You are immune to occupation, redirection, and framing while using this ability and Gossip/Intrigue wont return feedback from you. You cannot target the same player 2 nights in a row.

Night ability - Swift blade (2 charges) - Attack target player. If they have Royal Blood, you will commit suicide.

This seeks to play an influential role who seeks to defend the king. The King is usually a role that no one really wants to defend, so it would be interesting if they acquired a neutral role who works to save them.

The Royal Guard is quite powerful, having very good abilities that seeks to make him a protector and information source to the king.

It is very difficult to secure the starting king’s survival through it all, so I picture a way to salvage the win condition was needed. At first I wanted to limit this passive to the first ever elected king. However it is quite unique to have a living player with no means to acquire their win condition. So instead I thought he could work to have the newly appointed king become executed, through the slam-ability.

It would be interesting to have the Night Guard ability redirect their attacks to a king you cannot win with, instead of occupying them, as a conditional alternative. However I figure the ability is worded enough as it is.

The Silence is mainly there to silence players who accuses the king or yourself and potentially can work to cut off Assassin bleeds and Prince jails (on you).

The Slam (Guard Influence) is there for the ability to safe-guard a King, yourself or to frame an elected king that you did not elect. In addition, the existence of this ability makes it less clear who pardons or executes a target. This muddies the waters on who used the slam; a king? a Sorcerer? or the Royal Guard? If used to pardon the king, it is pretty clearly the Royal Guard, but at that point it doesn’t matter too much for the Royal Guard, as long as their win condition lives.

The reverse Stone Wall + ultra-Overlook (Night Guard) is there to protect the King and to give you information to either work into a claim or to feed to the King.
(Knowing which classes players are means you can know who to stab safely come later in the game and you can use the info to claim invest classes or if you spoil a kill, you can go for a support claim.)

If you use your information to reveal evils and the king is Evil, you are endangering your own win condition, at which point you are also at risk of becoming a target for the Evils and wont be alive to elect a new king. Therefore you have to approach carefully.

I don’t think it’s right to have an Occupation immune attacker, so instead of making a passive OCC immunity I weaved it into the ability while also making sure you are not getting framed results. Additionally it struck me as a very unfortunate situation if you target someone along with a Noble and they get all your juicy information, so kinda a band-aid solution to make Gossip not return feedback.

The stab (Swift blade) is there to turn the tide in favor of your king and to close out the game quicker. To avoid that you just start stabbing left, right, and center there’s only two charges and if you hit a Royal Blood (Prince, Princess, Noble, Drunk) you take your own life. That way you wont just kill the Prince once you learn the king is evil. However come late in the game, you might want to take that trade to give the evil king a chance to win.

In addition to the class itself, the mere existence of this combination of abilities makes it more difficult to tell when a player is force pardoned if it was the Sorc/King/R.Guard who did it. Similarly an Assassin might try to cover as Royal Guard and “confirm” themselves by using a Silence.

It is a very strong class, so it should probably not show up that often, but the win condition is difficult enough I wager to allow the strong abilities.

Do you mind not reviving 2 month old threads?

ignoring the fact the thread poster is banned

What’s the point of a written media if you’re not allowed to utilize its history? I wasn’t available at the forums when this was posted and thus first see them now and share my viewpoints?

Why do you feel the need to harass me about posting on older threads when there’s clearly not that much activity on the subforum and therefore I do not disrupt the viewing of the forum?

Does it disturb you that much that older threads gets new posts?

There’s community/forum rules that does not permit the bumping of posts when not posting any meaningful addition to the thread. Are you pompous enough to claim that is the case here?

Also where in the blazes does it say that the OP is banned and WHY does it matter? He clearly wasn’t banned due to any offenses in this particular thread.

Hi yes, the rules say that…

I get you weren’t here at the time the topic was posted and that was a constructive reply, but let’s cool it in the response bud. I don’t think they were harassing ya. You don’t have to call Amelia pompous.

But to your other points, this is a pretty active forum, maybe not the class/lore/fanfic section but the forum as a whole is. It doesn’t really disturb most of the general user base other than bringing up an old thread to the top of the list.

And yes OP is banned not for this post, but others like it. It doesn’t really matter to this post or your post.

So yeah, if you want to continue leaving constructive replies go for it. But calm it down with the attitude man. Let’s like be good people and treat each other with respect.

When a moderator asks for correction on behavior, I expect there’s substance behind their reasoning. I don’t see it in this case. You may see my reply as hostile, but I didn’t insult Amelia, nor did I say anything against the rules. Instead I see a moderator who asks me to correct my behavior without reason and now I see another moderator defend them for it - again without reason. If you firmly believe that posting in threads that are haven’t been active in 2 months is against the community’s interest, why not make a rule against it or better yet; archive the threads? If there’s no interest in discussing something that wasn’t posted within a few weeks, why keep it around?

Again I ask what the point is of a written media if you cannot use its history?

Then I fail to see the issue.

Then what is the point of Amelia bringing it up?

The thing is that I feel like I get disrespected by Amelia for something that doesn’t go against the Forum rules. Twice have I posted on subjects I haven’t been around when they were posted and twice have she brought up that I shouldn’t post on older subjects. Yet there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to.

If the forum is active, then my replies should quickly be drowned in other activity and there’s not a problem. Those who feel the incentive to check out the post can do so, and the rest can go about their business as usual.

Instead I get a negative response from a moderator without reason, I get a comment that doesn’t have anything to do with the post or the thread and then another moderator who tells me to back off…

That doesn’t seem like we are treating each other with respect.

By the by, it is against the rules. Such is quoted in the above post.

I mentioned the OP was banned because that means he’s not going to be able to respond to your feedback.

If you believe I was disrespecting you, I apologize. That was not my intent.

Excuse me, what?

I’m pretty sure @DatBird agreed that my post wasn’t against the rules. They just didn’t like that I took offense and was critical on your response to me.

But the OP is not the only viewer of this forum and again I cannot see he is banned. It has no bearings on whether or not it makes sense to post on the thread.

What would you feel if an “authority” (yes a moderator here is an authority) asked you to correct your behavior but you weren’t doing anything wrong?

Now @DatBird interpreted my reply that I called you pompous then and there. That’s not the case. I was hinging it on whether you saw fit to deem my post non-constructive and therefore against the rules. And… you did kinda just say I posted against the rules, so there it is.

This was the rule mentioned

So…

I was telling you not to revive the threads because it was against the rules.

@DatBird Since you involved yourself here, I’m sorry to draw on you, but could you clear this one up?

Also
Your posts may have been deemed the way they were because you explicitly said I was harrassing you about it.

Harassment may have been a strong word for it, that’s true. However I believe you are in the wrong here, which is why I called it out.

If @DatBird comments in your favor, then I wont post on older threads again. But I do ask that you update the community guidelines to reflect this decision.

I simply said

, as you were calling them pompous and accusing them of harrassing you.

In my post not only did I agree that your post was constructive but I told you if you have more leave them. The rules say constructive replys are allowed if your necrobumping threads as i showed in my post.

If you feel you have been disrespected you can talk to me in dms on discord. Its in my profile. I felt as though you were coming off very harsh over a misconception, so i cleared said misconception. And told you to calm down.

So to wrap this up, you can post in old threads if said post is constructive. If not do not post in old threads.

This conversation has moved away from the the original purpose of the thread. So if you want to continue this discusion, continue it in dms. If not keep this discussion over the class made in the original post

holy shit lol

also holy shit this role is ridiculous

someone host a sfol but it has every single character this man has suggested

1 Like

GGhana we don’t want to torture people please

1 Like