[NFoL] Newbie Forum of Lies 4 - Day 4 - The Blue Dragon and the Plutocratic King win!

General Gameplay Information

Hosts are Priestess, WazzaAzza and (newbie host) Kape.

New players will have priority on signups, everyone who has played more than 3 matches already may sign up as „veteran“. Please notice that I might reject signups from veterans, when I feel that they wouldn’t fit in a newbie match.

The match will be run with the current rules.

Rules

1. Follow the Global Forum Rules
  2. If you haven’t posted content in 36 hours, you’ll be prodded for inactivity. If you don’t respond to that prod in 12 hours, you will be force replaced.
  3. No private messaging others in the game about the game.
  4. Do not quote private host messages
  5. Don’t throw the game. This includes any form of intent to make you or your faction lose
  6. Refrain from posting so many times in a row.
  7. Players are not allowed to use big letters. These are reserved for the host.
  8. You are allowed to leave the game but doing it will net you a temporary blacklist meaning you can’t join a forum of lies for a while. Further leaving may net with a permanent blacklist
  9. Lets all have fun and play together!
  10. Do not edit or delete made posts.
  11. Do not like posts in a thread if you are dead in that game.

Gameplay

• Days last 72 hours, or until a majority is reached for execution. Nights last 24 hours.
  • All actions must be sent to the host.
  • Unseen/Cult will talk through a special Discord server or forum message.
  • The priest will speak with the dead through a separate Discord server or forum message.
  • All classes will be used and will be used as they are found in the Class Cards Thread.
  • Recently changed classes will NOT be forcibly rolled and are not guaranteed unless stated.

Executions

• To accuse someone say “/accuse [player]” or “/vote [player]”
  • Should the votes reach the majority, that player will be executed and the day will end.

Picking a New King

• If there are less than 4 players a new king will not be selected.
  • When the king dies a 12 hour period starts. In this, players may vote in their class PM for who they want to become the next king.
  • Whoever receives the most votes in this period will be crowned king. If votes are tied, a king election will be held the next day to determine it.

Action Results

Feedback List

Journals

• PM the host what you want on your journal. When you die, the last update to your journal will be revealed to everyone

Classlist

King (65% Good, 35% Evil / Devout)
Mastermind/Cult Leader
Assassin/Random Cult
Prince
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon / Random Neutral Non-Killer
Random Neutral Non-Killer
Neutral Killer

Classes

Playerlist

1. Ozzkozz
  2. Napoleon
  3. Marshal - Died N1 - The Acolyte
  4. Cheeki
  5. Teleology - Died N3 - The Warlock
  6. SogMan - Died N3 - The Noble
  7. Diggity69
  8. JakeTheWolfie
  9. KyoDaz
  10. Tangeld - Died N3 - The Prince
  11. :crown: SirDerpsAlot
  12. What - Died N1 - The Knight
  13. Italy Executed D2 - The Cult Leader
  14. Solic - Died N1 - The Noble
  15. H_Hja - Executed D3 - The Hunter
  16. :crown: DatBird - Died N1 - The Good King

Backups:

1. Arete
  2. Possessed
  3. Soulshade55r
  4. Alice
  5. Magnus
  6. Lymphoma
  7. Geyde

Spectate:

1. Htm
  2. Frostwolf103
  3. Sulit

… and don’t forget, we are all here to have fun with each other. Please treat each other accordingly :slight_smile:

New player guide:

Always ask the hosts when in doubt. We don’t mind if we get 20 mechanical questions a day from you to ensure that you understand how the game works.

Read the original post carefully as many questions are already answered in there.

FoL Class Cards (Now Officially Official) is where all the classcards are that are possible.

There are definite deviations from Throne of Lies the game, although many many similarities persist.

We have even completely new classes like Priest, Archer, Demon etc., so be sure to look at this link carefully. Small deviations for existing classes exist as well to provide a more forum balanced game.

An example is that a Knight can Cold Steel Night 1 already and a Physician’s Exhume only provides the faction of the dead person’s killer instead of the whole class.

The Cult functions very differently too and the following guide should provide some insight.

Cult points were added to allow for better fakeclaiming potential.

Cult Points - How do they work? Forum of Lies

Feedback is also heavily reduced in comparison to Throne of Lies. For an feedback (exhaustive for at least the BD) guide follow:

Forum of Lies Hosting Feedback Guide Forum of Lies

Examples are that mainly investigative classes gain feedback. A butler occupying another player will not see if they are occupy immune or not. The player being occupied will not see that they are being occupied by anyone unless they are an investigative. Another example is that a Physician will not know whether their target was bleeding/poisoned and the target player will not know whether they are healed.

Trials also do not exist similar to Throne of Lies. That means when someone is “voted up”, they are immediately executed once majority is reached, so ensure that you stand behind your vote!

Forum players sometimes use a specific lingo and some common abbreviations can be found in the following link:

Remember, when in doubt, ask the hosts of your trust in your classcard :slight_smile:

The match will start at 2019-08-05T18:00:00Z.

Wazza was chilling, just looking over he now empty court after Kape and his servants left. He looked at Priestess and shrugged.

”So that was eventful, glad that chapters over, what are you gonna do with these dead people? Give them a third chance.” Wazza said.
”Nah… But we got a shipment of new people coming, along with another person to help us watch them.” Priestess points to someone walking in the door, it’s Kape.
”… W H A T.” Wazza is visibly annoyed.
”Hey now. Stop holding a grudge just because we won because of me.”
Wazza sighs and storms off as a completely new shipment of people arrive along with 3 returning people.
”There’s probably a Traitor in this whole bunch and it’s your fault, isn’t it?” Priestess said, but with a light smile on her face.
”Perhaps.”

Day 1 has begun and will end in 24 hours at 2019-08-06T18:00:00Z. Like always, there is no execution on the first day.

All hail the new King, Datbird!

1 Like

swipes first like a real bastard

So guys Paladin here Night Zero red check on Datbird, oh wait hes king, finally. So yeah hes prob fine

Birdo, cult or unseen game go.

Meh idk my dude. We wait and see

@Ozzkozz
@Napoleon
@Marshal
@Teleology
@SogMan
@Diggity69
@JakeTheWolfie
@KyoDaz
@Tangeld
@SirDerpsAlot
@What
@Italy
@Emilia

Show started folks. :eyes:

beat me to it, oof

Oh really, you tend to ping inactives when you’re scum, because it allows you to not engage with active players and it’s always easier to talk about players that aren’t there. :thinking:

not really its NAI at this point I do it almost every game

Ayyye, thank you for the Ping. I’m excited for this match

1 Like

Can’t call something NAI of yourself. :man_shrugging:

Why exactly are you excited?

Everyone else does I just want to do it also

I kind of have to agree with Datbird thats it NAI, its just seems kind of a utility/requirement to me

So you’d jump of a bridge if everyone else did it?