Oof yeah

Worked great when I had the time to do it lmao

1 Like

Hard relate

How’s your season gone?

I know that like rip birdalliance

Sorry, I was too fast.
So, here:
Most BD players are not trying to behave towny.
That’s why most scum players are not trying to behave too towny as well. Because “appearing towny” is neither good for town nor evils. It just gets attention on you and gets you killed.
Thats why the “counter-meta” you described isn’t really existing. Some people do it, but not many.

No clue, I am very unplugged from the frc world rn lmao

I’m volunteering at the event here at Waterloo, and I think my team is doing they’re first comp in two weeks

Noice

My team was at W1 but got knocked out in the first set of semis

But yeah birdkids had all their events cancelled

hard rip

go to the cookie thread
stop wasting space in mine
pls and ty

3 Likes

maybe im biased because my only experience with First was an utterly trash FLL team in junior high
but ye

FM people are not bad people - they are just exactly the opposite of normal tol players. They have other interests.
That’s why FM suggestions don’t work for ToL.
FoL is a mix and it should be a mix. It should be way more mechanical than FM. It should be way more social than ToL
FM players insult ToL players for not being able to read socially, and ToL players insult FM players for not being able to understand the mechanics
We just have completely different interests, maybe keeping that in mind will help in future.

1 Like

I see FoL as a place where both mechanical based players and social based players should feel home :upside_down_face: the best of both worlds, you could say. Or just… a compromise.

I’m not opposed to mechanics. In fact, the mechanics of FoL and SFoL’s are some of the biggest reasons why I love them so much, and why i play and own so many long, extensively mechanically rich board games.
But ToL’s mechanics have not changed for at least a year and a half and likely will never change again
While FoL decently often adds new classes (which are exciting to me)
and each SFoL (which are my favorite of all) is an entirely unique, deeply exciting experience to me

Uhmmm didn’t we have shortly ago a balance patch? :eyes:
We only had a long break in balance patches because a lot of code had to be rewritten/polished
But we do have a balance panel now, etc etc

On the other side, I see FoL changing so much just cuz its in its base is heavily unbalanced. FoL balance is nowhere near perfect :wink:
And tbh, it’s way easier to change something in FoL than in ToL where you have to code everything and if you make just a little mistake, you’ll have 10 more bugs :stuck_out_tongue:

balance patches are not anywhere near enough to make the game fun for me again
Adding or removing classes is the only thing that possibly could, I feel.

We literally removed Pretender a month ago? Lul

Pretender was a class that i hated so much that it only made ToL a little more bearable
but not that bearable

what i should have said is that it is extremely more likely that adding a class could make ToL more fun for me than removing a class could

i also played ToL when pretender didn’t exist for over a year

Idk I just prefer the slower game play. I haven’t played tol since before the official release

Opposite actually
I find FM in general more formulaic
I just find ToL more frustrating

It’s easy to play with different people if you want to, because there is a lot of different fm sites.